Sponsored by:

Shipping with Intercity

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 09:51 AM
steveo1124
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shipping with Intercity

Hey Everyone, I purchased a new 1LT Z51 a week ago from MacMulkin. MacMulkin partnered with Intercity Lines to ship the car to Texas for me, seems like Intercity has great reviews and really is a top-notch operator.

Intercity is still working on getting my car on a truck, the last I heard is pick up from MacMulkin may be a few weeks away. This is the first time I have had a car shipped. Is this about what others have experienced? I'm just eager to get in my new ride!
Old 12-19-2014, 10:07 AM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Received 850 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by steveo1124
Hey Everyone, I purchased a new 1LT Z51 a week ago from MacMulkin. MacMulkin partnered with Intercity Lines to ship the car to Texas for me, seems like Intercity has great reviews and really is a top-notch operator.

Intercity is still working on getting my car on a truck, the last I heard is pick up from MacMulkin may be a few weeks away. This is the first time I have had a car shipped. Is this about what others have experienced? I'm just eager to get in my new ride!
"Intercity" is a top of the line auto transport right with "Reliable Transport".

The transport company will want to find a few other loads or pick ups coming your way in order to fill up the truck for transport. This is not unusal.

You selected one of the best transport companies.
Old 12-19-2014, 11:15 AM
beepster
Melting Slicks

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

Worry not...I purchased my C7 from MacMulkin in Mar 2013. It was picked up by Intercity within 2 wks of my purchase and was delivered to my front door within 5 days in central TX. The car arrived in perfect condition and the shipment went without a hitch despite the crappy weather in the NE. The driver will keep you informed along the way with an ETA. Intercity is 1st rate...your car is in good hands. Congrats!
Old 12-19-2014, 11:25 AM
jrainlay
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There are a lot of flaky car haulers out there, but Intercity is NOT one of them. They use only enclosed vans, their equipment is up to date and their drivers are excellent. Go to any Barrett-Jackson auction and you'll see Intercity trucks because they're one of the few carriers that collectors of high-value automobiles are willing to use. It's worth the wait to have peace of mind!
Old 12-19-2014, 01:25 PM
W88fixer
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 43 Posts

Intercity is one of the companies used by Wayne Carini of “Chasing Classic Cars”. Would assume that they’re good or he/Velocity Channel wouldn’t transport very expensive cars around the country with them. Don
Old 12-19-2014, 06:03 PM
FredC7
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 158 Likes on 64 Posts

Default Intercity Lines

I and my close friend have used Intercity Lines more than a dozen times. I recently sold my 1973 Jaguar XKE on eBay and recommended that the buyer use Intercity. He was very pleased with the service except that we had to wait 4 weeks due to all of the trucks being tied up at major auctions and car events. They cost a little bit more than the brokered companies but they always use enclosed trailers with elevator tail lifts. The cars are all covered and their drivers are very careful loading and unloading.

They have handled cars for us that were worth from $11K for a 1972 240Z to $1.1 million for a 1988 Porsche 959S. Wayne Carini also used Intercity to ship that same 959S down to Amelia Island earlier this year. Here are a few pictures of cars coming and going at my house.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/g/album/1290697
You will be very happy using Intercity Lines. They are one of the best.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:08 PM
benscar
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 13 Posts

I used Intercity to ship my C7 from MacMulkin to Texas about a year ago but I must have lucked out because I only had to wait six days from when I submitted my shipping request until my car was loaded. Like others, I am very happy with their service and would recommend. I know it’s hard but be patient, you won’t be disappointed.
Old 12-19-2014, 08:56 PM
Runnn
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 48 Posts

I recommend Thomas Sunday as well... very good carrier too!

Get notified of new replies

To Shipping with Intercity

Quick Reply: Shipping with Intercity