Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer dropped the ball on delivery

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 12:23 PM
Red08
Le Mans Master

Received 1,441 Likes on 780 Posts

If not, take the dealer to small claims court with all of your documentation of course.
Old 12-20-2014, 12:45 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,239 Likes on 1,033 Posts

What is the dealer name?
Old 12-20-2014, 01:58 PM
markk1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stanimal
Argh. So frustrated. Put a deposit down Oct 27. Dealer told me I'd get the car by mid December. Called the dealer who said they verified the car was set for manufacture Dec 8 with delivery a week later. Long story short, called Chevy directly and found out the dealer never completed the order and the car isn't even scheduled for production.

I don't feel like taking delivery in February. Car will be half a year old by then and my trade in will be worth less too. Plus living in Florida, I will have missed the best convertible weather. Wonder if the dealer will refund my deposit.
My understanding is that until the dealer establishes an order with GM AND assigns an allocation against that order, they have not ordered you a car. If your deposit is for a vehicle order, it only makes sense that they would have to return your deposit. That is especially in light of their obvious deception.

I ordered a 2014 on 10/21/13 from a local dealer; put down a "non-refundable" deposit. I was also told I should have the car by Christmas. Many weeks went by, and after frustrating communication with the salesman and GM Customer Service (not bad, just frustrating) along with becoming educated about the allocation system through this Forum, I determined that I would give the dealer until the end of January 2014 to get the order accepted by GM. I had already contacted four of the Forum dealers, and had made up my mind which way to go if I chose to cancel the original order. After some frank discussion with the original dealership's Sales Manager (salesman was NO help!), I determined that with his allocation frequency, and my order having the Z-51 constraint (pretty constant around 50-55%), and the number of cars waiting for an allocation ahead of mine, that it was very likely that my order would not be accepted by GM. I wrote a polite e-mail to the service manager stating my case, and asked for my deposit back. He agreed, I ordered the same car from MacMulkin the same day, allocation was assigned the next Tuesday, car was built and delivered to MacMulkin 8 weeks later.

I would recommend the same process for you.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:44 PM
Stanimal
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

Good news. Since I couldn't reach dealer on phone I drove over there today. Apparently their new automated phone system has been a problem for them. They apologized profusely for not getting back to me. The printout they gave me of their order worksheet when I bought the car had a different order number. It was changed somehow although the dealer doesn't know how. Its at stage 4150. They estimate it arriving by end of month. So two months from order to delivery.
Old 12-20-2014, 11:50 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Good news. Since I couldn't reach dealer on phone I drove over there today. Apparently their new automated phone system has been a problem for them. They apologized profusely for not getting back to me. The printout they gave me of their order worksheet when I bought the car had a different order number. It was changed somehow although the dealer doesn't know how. Its at stage 4150. They estimate it arriving by end of month. So two months from order to delivery.
Where are you located? If your order is indeed at 4150 that means it's been built and invoiced but not yet shipped. Depending on where you are, it could be another several weeks before you see it. (BTW, since you've been a member here for over six years, how about filling out your forum profile so we can learn a little about you?)
Old 12-22-2014, 09:12 AM
Stanimal
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by mpuzach
Where are you located? If your order is indeed at 4150 that means it's been built and invoiced but not yet shipped. Depending on where you are, it could be another several weeks before you see it. (BTW, since you've been a member here for over six years, how about filling out your forum profile so we can learn a little about you?)
Will do. I really hope not another several weeks.
Old 12-22-2014, 11:25 AM
HighTeq
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Forum Dealer, if deposit is needed, then use a credit card.
Old 12-22-2014, 12:20 PM
docf
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Argh. So frustrated. Put a deposit down Oct 27. Dealer told me I'd get the car by mid December. Called the dealer who said they verified the car was set for manufacture Dec 8 with delivery a week later. Long story short, called Chevy directly and found out the dealer never completed the order and the car isn't even scheduled for production.

I don't feel like taking delivery in February. Car will be half a year old by then and my trade in will be worth less too. Plus living in Florida, I will have missed the best convertible weather. Wonder if the dealer will refund my deposit.
Try Stingray Chev. in Tampa. ask for Matt. Tell him Docf sent you. Usually have a good selection. I ordered my Z06 A8 from him. Very good service.
Knowledgable and truthful.
Old 12-22-2014, 11:43 PM
Crossed Flags Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 493 Likes on 276 Posts

Congrats and good luck.

Quick Reply: Dealer dropped the ball on delivery