Credit Union pricing vs GM Supplier discount

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 08:39 PM
manic mike
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Credit Union pricing vs GM Supplier discount

I will be ordering my '15 Stingray Z51 soon. I have been on the gmsupplierdiscount.com web site and found it very informative except it doesn't give any information about credit union pricing. Is it still available? How do I go about finding information about it? Does anyone know of dealers who are offering it? Is the pricing the same as GM Supplier pricing? How do I find a list of credit unions that qualify?

Thanks for your help!
Old 12-22-2014, 08:40 PM
theanswriz42
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08, '15

It's the same
Old 12-22-2014, 08:41 PM
LIE2ME
Le Mans Master

Received 4,573 Likes on 1,644 Posts

I don't know if credit union pricing is still available, but I know it is the same as supplier pricing. I hope that helps...
Old 12-22-2014, 08:50 PM
Algiers
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The credit union is a different website but the discount is the same.

http://mygmdiscount.com

Click on the Program tab and set an account to see a list of credit unions. Most of the big forum dealers are taking it now. I bought mine from Dennis at Les Stanford.
Old 12-22-2014, 09:49 PM
manic mike
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Algiers
The credit union is a different website but the discount is the same.

http://mygmdiscount.com

Click on the Program tab and set an account to see a list of credit unions. Most of the big forum dealers are taking it now. I bought mine from Dennis at Les Stanford.
Thanks for the help. Just went on this site and got registered. One of the credit unions I belong to is on the list. Hopefully one of my local dealers accepts this program as I have a couple of trades.
Old 12-22-2014, 10:10 PM
Ernest_T
Drifting

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by manic mike
Thanks for the help. Just went on this site and got registered. One of the credit unions I belong to is on the list. Hopefully one of my local dealers accepts this program as I have a couple of trades.
Don't just walk in and ask. If I'd walked out after my dealer said no I wouldn't have the car on order. I emphasized that I wanted to buy local and countered every argument they had for saying no.

C7's go for above MSRP. Ah no, let me show you the Auto Trader search I have on my phone.

Nobody discounts that much. Let me show you Kerbeck's website.

I also had a check from my CU for more than enough to buy the car so they knew I was serious.

The sales manager still said no so I asked him to ask the owner.

It took a couple days, but they came around.
Old 12-22-2014, 10:13 PM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

So it's about 4 grand off on a 1LT.. DOES THAT MEAN YOU HAVE TO FINANCE THROUGH that particular credit union or is just being a member good enough??
Old 12-22-2014, 10:22 PM
JCar
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No. There is no need to finance thru the credit union. Being a member qualifies you but you need to have your authorization number from the CU and a statement with your name on it (you can black out $$) .

Jeff
Old 12-22-2014, 11:31 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

And to clarify, credit union and supplier pricing are both invoice + $200. They're not a percentage discount.
Old 12-23-2014, 12:37 AM
Skidplate
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 207 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by mpuzach
And to clarify, credit union and supplier pricing are both invoice + $200. They're not a percentage discount.
Be advised if you order from Les Stanford for courtesy delivery, LS tacks on another $200 for 'doc' fees. The doc fees were not disclosed in advance and became known to me when time to cut the check. The $200 in doc fees were added to the cost of the car for tax purposes, so my California sales tax went up as well as the license/registration fees (based on total car cost). Les Stanford did provide a couple of overnight FedEx paperwork transactions.

My local courtesy delivery dealer also added their 'doc' fees ($80).

Always ask in advance what the total fees will be as my Credit Union pricing was (invoice +$200) +$200 +$80.

Last edited by Skidplate; 12-23-2014 at 01:04 AM.
Old 12-23-2014, 06:40 AM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Ballpark I saved 9% off MSRP on my 2014. It listed for $63xxx and I paid $57xxx

Good luck and good hunting.
Old 12-23-2014, 06:54 AM
savage
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by not08crmanymore
So it's about 4 grand off on a 1LT.. DOES THAT MEAN YOU HAVE TO FINANCE THROUGH that particular credit union or is just being a member good enough??
its not about what lt we get, i have a z51 1lt vert coming, sticker is $71,105 they are taking off $6,2xx. the higher the sticker, the more comes off. its more about % of the sticker than a flat rate.
Old 12-23-2014, 08:19 AM
mjw930
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Skidplate
Be advised if you order from Les Stanford for courtesy delivery, LS tacks on another $200 for 'doc' fees. The doc fees were not disclosed in advance and became known to me when time to cut the check. The $200 in doc fees were added to the cost of the car for tax purposes, so my California sales tax went up as well as the license/registration fees (based on total car cost). Les Stanford did provide a couple of overnight FedEx paperwork transactions.

My local courtesy delivery dealer also added their 'doc' fees ($80).

Always ask in advance what the total fees will be as my Credit Union pricing was (invoice +$200) +$200 +$80.
Les Stanford's "doc" fee was disclosed to me up front and is dictated by Michigan law. Michigan has one of those silly laws, like many other states, that says if you charge one person a fee you must charge everyone the same fee. At least it's capped at $200, again, by law. Florida has a similar law but because of the way it's written Supplier deals only pay $75 where Joe consumer off the street pays $895 at my local dealer. I asked Dennis about that and he said it's the way the Michigan law is written and since they probably sell more cars under the Supplier/Employee program than any other dealer in the country I'm pretty sure they know how it works.

Considering I purchased my Z51 last May when no other dealer in the country was discounting I happily paid the $200 doc fee. They saved me $6900 so what's to complain about? And they delivered the car in 8 weeks from the order date including the 2 week museum hold when the big dealers were still singing the "Z51's are fully constrained" song.

Last edited by mjw930; 12-23-2014 at 08:22 AM.
Old 12-23-2014, 08:27 AM
BRCC
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by manic mike
I will be ordering my '15 Stingray Z51 soon. I have been on the gmsupplierdiscount.com web site and found it very informative except it doesn't give any information about credit union pricing. Is it still available? How do I go about finding information about it? Does anyone know of dealers who are offering it? Is the pricing the same as GM Supplier pricing? How do I find a list of credit unions that qualify?

Thanks for your help!
As stated in many post Supplier and Credit Union are the same (Invoice +$200)

With Supplier if you purchase you can offer a certificate to a friend to get the same discount for up to a year after purchase. With Credit Union this offer is not available.
Old 12-23-2014, 09:21 AM
Spark 2
Burning Brakes

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09

Almost anyone can qualify for one of the discounts?

Can one of these discounts be combined with GM Credit Card

earnings?

If not what good is the GM Card?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 12-23-2014, 11:35 AM
Algiers
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Spark 2
Almost anyone can qualify for one of the discounts?

Can one of these discounts be combined with GM Credit Card

earnings?

If not what good is the GM Card?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Anyone can get the credit union discount by joining one of the credit unions. The supplier is a little more difficult but I don't really know all the particulars. There is a guy who is awesome on here who gives out one of his vouchers every month for it. It's my understanding that the GM card can't be used with these discounts but I do remember a few people saying that one of the old cards would work. I can't remember exactly which one though.
Old 12-23-2014, 11:58 AM
Blue Demon
Le Mans Master

Location: And then it was said... "let there be blue Corvettes and yellow Camaros" Ft Worth Texas
Received 100 Likes on 77 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Very nice, congrats!

Get notified of new replies

To Credit Union pricing vs GM Supplier discount

Old 12-23-2014, 02:53 PM
zipity
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 670 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

This got me to thinking, do any other manufacturers besides GM offer the credit union discount or any other non-pulicized discounts?

Anyone know of anything?
Old 12-23-2014, 06:05 PM
laborsmith
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by zipity
This got me to thinking, do any other manufacturers besides GM offer the credit union discount or any other non-pulicized discounts?

Anyone know of anything?
More companies honor the CU discount than I care to list.

The GM CU discount came into being in the year surrounding the GM filing for bankruptcy and was an attempt to save GM as a USA based vehicle producer. I believe it worked.

I could be wrong, not a first, but my memory is Ford was also a participant. Someone who knows for sure should correct me if I am wrong.

LoveMyCreditUnionDOTcom shows the numerous companies that honor the CU pricing program.

Laborsmith
Old 12-26-2014, 07:20 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,000 Likes on 2,887 Posts

Originally Posted by not08crmanymore
No, you don't have to use them for anything beyond joining with a token deposit.

Just joining gets you your authorization with GM.

Might check to see if GM employee pricing is even less than supplier and credit union discounts.

Quick Reply: Credit Union pricing vs GM Supplier discount