Sponsored by:

Mobil 1 Use ONLY

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 04:08 PM
mikez06
Burning Brakes

Received 171 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by subchev
My understanding is I keep your records of maintenance, and have receipts showing you purchased mobile 1, or dexos, your warranty is still valid.
A 'supporting vendor' misspelling Mobil 1?

Seems odd.
The following users liked this post:
subchev (09-29-2015)
Old 09-29-2015, 04:20 PM
xp800
Drifting

Received 235 Likes on 151 Posts

Agree on keeping receipts and using dexos certified oil during the warranty period. I document it with photos too...

subchev (09-29-2015)
Old 09-29-2015, 04:29 PM
0subchev
Former Vendor

Received 204 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by mikez06
A 'supporting vendor' misspelling Mobil 1?

Seems odd.

Sorry, a clear mistake, and that's what I get for multi tasking
Old 09-29-2015, 06:17 PM
rmorin1249
Le Mans Master

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,174 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16,'18

I plan to do my first oil/filter change at around 2500 miles with Mobil1 oil and filter. I might pay a local oil change place that has a pit in order to avoid having the car on a lift. Keep the receipts and there is no warranty issue.
Old 10-01-2015, 01:52 AM
///ADMAN
Melting Slicks

Received 471 Likes on 307 Posts

I can't believe this thread has reached 37 pages
Old 10-01-2015, 11:12 AM
3musky3
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default 2016 Mobil 1

This was in with owners manual
Attached Images  

Last edited by 3musky3; 10-01-2015 at 11:14 AM.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:46 AM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 929 Likes on 486 Posts
Tech Contributor

Yeah we've seen that 100 times, it a dealer wants to be a jerk, find another dealer, stop fighting about this, most of them get it by now.
subchev (10-01-2015)
Old 10-01-2015, 09:17 PM
3musky3
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

This pamphlet is in the bag that owners manual is in. Don't remember seeing it in last 2016 I did pdi on. Went back many many pages could not find any mention of this pamphlet.
Attached Images  
Old 10-01-2015, 09:18 PM
3musky3
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

More from pamphlet
Attached Images  
Old 10-01-2015, 09:20 PM
3musky3
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Page 3&4
Attached Images  
Old 10-01-2015, 09:23 PM
3musky3
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Page 5&6
This was in non Z51 car. Oil cap still says dexos
Attached Images  
Old 10-09-2015, 09:48 AM
DennisAZ
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rmorin1249
I plan to do my first oil/filter change at around 2500 miles with Mobil1 oil and filter. I might pay a local oil change place that has a pit in order to avoid having the car on a lift. Keep the receipts and there is no warranty issue.
On my C5, I buy Mobil 1 from Costco when it is on sale. I buy the AC Delco filter from Walmart. I take them to my local Chevy dealer and have them do an oil change with my supplied oil and filter.

They charge $12 - $15 for labor and oil seal gasket. They also do a free multi-point inspection and give a free hand wash on the C5.
(They also have free doughnuts, coffee, and popcorn.)

Last edited by DennisAZ; 10-09-2015 at 09:57 AM.
Old 10-13-2015, 04:22 PM
Pilot650
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pilot650
I just had my 4th free oil change from my dealer, Jeff Gordon Chevrolet in Wilmington, NC and they forgot to put the oil cap back on the car. I didn't find this out until I washed it 10 days later and the oil cap was under the wiper blade... Oil splashed on the hood, dirt in the lip of the reservoir etc. Also I noticed they have been putting valvoline instead of the promised Mobil 1. I am planning to cancel the additional 6 oil changes I had purchased in a package as I would rather do it myself and know it was right. Currently negotiating with them as I'm not sure if I should let them change it again to flush the oil, or just do it myself and try to get them to reimburse me for the oil and filter. I could go watch them change the oil every time but I would rather save time and just do it myself than be that jerk that everyone hates to see coming. Oh and they refused to do the first oil change until the Oil life was 20% or less even though I had 10 free oil changes to do what I want with, they said they would only pay for them if the oil life was less than 20%.
An interesting update, Jeff Gordon Chevrolet in Wilmington, NC has now told me that have cut ties with me and will not perform any warranty or recall work on my vehicle because I complained about their incompetence in changing my oil, putting the wrong oil in the car, leaving the oil cap off and making me wait until oil life was below 20% before they would change the oil. All errors on their part, none on mine.

So just to be clear, due to their errors, they are denying me warranty service covered not only by GM but by the Hendrick Autoguard warranty that they were happy to sell me. They are the only Hendrick dealer within 150 miles. This is at best deplorable customer service to someone who purchased their most expensive vehicle and then paid a premium for their Hendrick Autoguard warranty.

In the process of reporting this up the chain to GM as it does not seem that they should have the choice to refuse to perform recall or warranty work. Warranty work that is essentially a service that has already been paid for in advance, or safety issues such as recalls. It seems there may be grounds for legal action against them for this. Has anyone heard of a dealer behaving in this way?

In any event, anyone in Eastern NC is best advised to steer clear of Jeff Gordon Chevrolet in Wilmington, NC as they have displayed a great lack of respect for their customers, ignorance to the service updates and clearly have no desire to even attempt to work with their best customers.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:51 PM
meyerweb
Safety Car

Received 483 Likes on 320 Posts

Would you really want them to do warranty work on your car now?
Old 10-13-2015, 06:16 PM
rmorin1249
Le Mans Master

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,174 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16,'18

An interesting update, Jeff Gordon Chevrolet in Wilmington, NC has now told me that have cut ties with me and will not perform any warranty or recall work on my vehicle because I complained about their incompetence in changing my oil, putting the wrong oil in the car, leaving the oil cap off and making me wait until oil life was below 20% before they would change the oil. All errors on their part, none on mine.

So just to be clear, due to their errors, they are denying me warranty service covered not only by GM but by the Hendrick Autoguard warranty that they were happy to sell me. They are the only Hendrick dealer within 150 miles. This is at best deplorable customer service to someone who purchased their most expensive vehicle and then paid a premium for their Hendrick Autoguard warranty.

In the process of reporting this up the chain to GM as it does not seem that they should have the choice to refuse to perform recall or warranty work. Warranty work that is essentially a service that has already been paid for in advance, or safety issues such as recalls. It seems there may be grounds for legal action against them for this. Has anyone heard of a dealer behaving in this way?

In any event, anyone in Eastern NC is best advised to steer clear of Jeff Gordon Chevrolet in Wilmington, NC as they have displayed a great lack of respect for their customers, ignorance to the service updates and clearly have no desire to even attempt to work with their best customers.
Another incredible story of incompetence and arrogance. I would absolutely NOT give them any future business and demand a full refund on the protection plan. GM, are you listening? These type of pathetic stories never cease to amaze me.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:21 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Tech Contributor

It may be wrong, but A dealer is allowed to work on who he wants. Not GM's decision, thank the franchise system.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:30 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

Hello Pilot650,

Sincerest apologies for the negative experience you have had with your dealership. Please know this is certainly not the experience we would like our customers to have. Given the opportunity, we would definitely like to look into this further on our end. Please feel free to send us a private message containing your full contact information, VIN, and current mileage if you would like our assistance.

Best,

Julie C
Chevrolet Customer Care

Get notified of new replies

To Mobil 1 Use ONLY

Old 10-13-2015, 08:02 PM
Pilot650
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
Hello Pilot650,

Sincerest apologies for the negative experience you have had with your dealership. Please know this is certainly not the experience we would like our customers to have. Given the opportunity, we would definitely like to look into this further on our end. Please feel free to send us a private message containing your full contact information, VIN, and current mileage if you would like our assistance.

Best,

Julie C
Chevrolet Customer Care

Thank you Julie for your concern. Perhaps you could teach your dealers something about customer service. I have sent you a private message detailing some of my concerns and look forward to hearing from you.
Skid Row Joe (10-21-2015)
Old 10-14-2015, 01:42 PM
meyerweb
Safety Car

Received 483 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen e
It may be wrong, but A dealer is allowed to work on who he wants. Not GM's decision, thank the franchise system.
Depends on the terms of the franchise agreement. It could require the dealer to accept any and all warranty work.
Skid Row Joe (10-21-2015)
Old 10-14-2015, 01:43 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by meyerweb
Depends on the terms of the franchise agreement. It could require the dealer to accept any and all warranty work.
A GM dealer can decide....I checked with my local chev autonation GM....And besides the actual question is pretty moot. Because if someone would try force him into doing it , and he didn't want to do it , he can "schedule" it six weeks "before I can get to you", raise the job price, and many other excuses. I did that in my dealership twice in 3 years, when the customer was a jerk.

Last edited by Glen e; 10-14-2015 at 01:47 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Glen e:
Pilot650 (10-14-2015), Skid Row Joe (10-21-2015)

Quick Reply: Mobil 1 Use ONLY