Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mobil 1 Use ONLY

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 12:54 PM
Allpro
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I have a question,I know we have some forum dealers on this site and I would hope they are aware of the change and are informing their service departments of this change?

Next question,for some of us we have the 2014 and have used the Chevy Complete Care program for oil changes all ready and have not gotten the Mobil one oil change but the standard oil.Does this mean we should get addition oil changes over and above 4 if given non mobil one oil to start the program,btw I am talking non Z51?
Old 01-22-2015, 01:07 PM
rkoblin
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mobile 1

Brought my 2015 Z51 in for an Oil change today. Dealer put Mobile 1 in as I asked. They told me the computer advises Dexos. They said that all they ever used in Corvettes was Mobile 1, they would work on reimbursement for the oil change it was not my problem.

I also asked about the extra oil change event changed from 4 to 5 under the GM care program. The Service manager had no knowledge so I gave him the printout from the forum. He said he would research it.

The dealership is wonderful and helpful in their sales and service. My question is "Why does GM not notify the dealers of service advisements." There is a lot of mis-information to the GM Customers.
Rich
Aiken, SC
Old 01-22-2015, 01:49 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Originally Posted by Allpro
I have a question,I know we have some forum dealers on this site and I would hope they are aware of the change and are informing their service departments of this change?

Next question,for some of us we have the 2014 and have used the Chevy Complete Care program for oil changes all ready and have not gotten the Mobil one oil change but the standard oil.Does this mean we should get addition oil changes over and above 4 if given non mobil one oil to start the program,btw I am talking non Z51?

I don't see why they would give you additional oil changes. You got oil changes, they used oil as specified by the owners manual (the owners manual only specified Mobil 1 for use in Z51s). Had you insisted on Mobil 1 and paid an upcharge for it, they would reimburse you.

Originally Posted by rkoblin
Brought my 2015 Z51 in for an Oil change today. Dealer put Mobile 1 in as I asked. They told me the computer advises Dexos. They said that all they ever used in Corvettes was Mobile 1, they would work on reimbursement for the oil change it was not my problem.

I also asked about the extra oil change event changed from 4 to 5 under the GM care program. The Service manager had no knowledge so I gave him the printout from the forum. He said he would research it.

The dealership is wonderful and helpful in their sales and service. My question is "Why does GM not notify the dealers of service advisements." There is a lot of mis-information to the GM Customers.
Rich
Aiken, SC

GM has notified dealerships, that is how we got the notice in the first post. The question is why don't dealerships properly disseminate this information to the respective departments (service in this case)? Or, why don't the service personnel read the notices they get?
Old 01-22-2015, 02:03 PM
Allpro
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

[QUOTE=Zymurgy;1588780404]I don't see why they would give you additional oil changes. You got oil changes, they used oil as specified by the owners manual (the owners manual only specified Mobil 1 for use in Z51s). Had you insisted on Mobil 1 and paid an upcharge for it, they would reimburse you.

My dealer charged me for my first oil change that was non mobil 1 and they had to reimburse me for that because i called their attention to the first 2 years of free oil changes.I asked for Mobil 1 the first time and as you stated, they said all that was required was the standard oil.
Old 01-22-2015, 04:18 PM
lastcowboy
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

and when it goes back into the ''black hole '' ( service bay ) how do you know it will come out with m-1 ? these dealers are so crooked they are prob.just topping of with old oil and resetting the oil gage. i know one dealer was re-using the old oil filters and someone busted them down ......
Old 01-23-2015, 09:52 AM
Ghunt
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got back from the dealership here in Sebring and no question about Mobil 1. I watched and saw him draw oil out of a new 55gal drum marked Mobil 1.
Mechanic said thats all they use on there Corvettes, new or old with the new small blocks.
Very happy with Allen Jay in Sebring.
The drum had the painted Mobil 1 logo on it
Old 01-23-2015, 11:53 AM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 926 Likes on 484 Posts
Tech Contributor

REDICULOUS to say all dealers are crooked.....just do your due diligence and find one that treats you right. I have two near me that do the right thing.
Old 01-23-2015, 01:21 PM
pastohio
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Seems that some people have the regular oil cap, for dexos ?? There are several vendors on this site that have vinyl machines, I bet they could make a decal that goes on the top of the oil cap that has the mobil logo....I think most have the 5-30 on the bottom...a decal could be made, put in a mail envelope for about $4.00 would solve the Mobil ! getting put in the car... my $.02
Old 01-23-2015, 02:30 PM
Myfourth1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,239 Likes on 1,092 Posts

Default GM called today...

I got a call from Etta in GM Customer Care to tell me my Mobil 1 reimbursement check for $60 was sent out and should arrive by next week.

As for the comment about crooked dealers, my service rep allows me to stand next to my car while on the lift to see the tech installing Mobil 1 in the car.

Happy motoring folks.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:55 PM
Bavaria
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Mythird1
I got a call from Etta in GM Customer Care to tell me my Mobil 1 reimbursement check for $60 was sent out and should arrive by next week.

As for the comment about crooked dealers, my service rep allows me to stand next to my car while on the lift to see the tech installing Mobil 1 in the car.

Happy motoring folks.
Thoroughbred?
Old 01-23-2015, 03:08 PM
Myfourth1
Le Mans Master

Default Yes...

Originally Posted by Bavaria
Thoroughbred?
Yes, Thorobred.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:17 PM
Bavaria
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Mythird1
Yes, Thorobred.
Thanks. Although it's quite a distance from Goodyear, I want to take my car to a dealership that knows Corvettes. From my experience to date, I don't feel my local dealer does (or cares).
Thanks again.
Old 01-25-2015, 02:14 PM
Myfourth1
Le Mans Master

Default Check has arrived.

I received the reimbursement check for my 2 oil changes yesterday. See attached letter.

Hope it's not too small to read. :-)
Old 01-27-2015, 05:34 PM
OldJedi
Drifting

Received 614 Likes on 336 Posts

A month ago I had my oil changed at 520 miles and the dealer wanted extra for Mobile 1. Today the dealership called me to say that they received the notification that Mobile 1 is to be used in all 2014 - 2015 Corvettes. Although they should have done it at the first oil change, it was very courteous of Autonation Pembroke Pines to call me and let me know of their policy change.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:47 PM
LB001
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen e
REDICULOUS to say all dealers are crooked.....just do your due diligence and find one that treats you right. I have two near me that do the right thing.
Glen,
I don't live very far from you- Delray/Boca area. Can you tell me which dealers you use or recommend? You can respond by PM if necessary.
Larry B
Old 01-27-2015, 07:16 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Tech Contributor

No problem , autonation fort lauderdale on federal. Ask for the service writer, Tara Levine, tell her i sent you. Great store. Full mobil 1 on every corvette.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:02 AM
Weasel
Melting Slicks

Received 79 Likes on 44 Posts

Yesterday, as I reported in another thread, I went in for my first oil change and the mini-recall to replace the E-brake nut after reminding the pleasant service writer of the Chevrolet promise of Mobile 1 oil. A couple of coffees and the newspaper later they said that "Hey Fred, the Corvette is ready," and I read on the print-out that Dexos was used. So okay, I don't want to be a pain in the neck to this dealership that didn't even get a 2014 all last year so I behaved in a nice way and just moved on. It's winter, I only commute with the Vette, and if I drive to Florida I'll change it out myself.

By the way, they did not know how to reset the oil life monitor but I do, and I'm more than happy to know more about C7 than they do. I displayed GRACE towards them in front of customers by thanking them and smiling and hope that they remember my kindness towards their lack of knowledge in the future. Such is the life of a small dealership.

Get notified of new replies

To Mobil 1 Use ONLY

Old 01-28-2015, 02:15 PM
Algiers
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by savewave
Chevy Customer Care contacted us and asked that we direct people to contact Chevy Customer Care, socialmedia@gm.com, for assistance on reimbursement as the contact information listed earlier goes to an office that isn't equipped to handle any volume of calls or emails.

I sent the social media contact listed above an email to get my refund and it worked great. I sent the email Monday (with the bill attached) and got a response on Tuesday that they would be contacting me. I got a call on Wednesday from a very pleasant woman telling me the check would be going out that day. I wasn't originally planning on even attempting to get a refund but it was a complete piece of cake. Great response time and no difficulties.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:23 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Algiers
I sent the social media contact listed above an email to get my refund and it worked great. I sent the email Monday (with the bill attached) and got a response on Tuesday that they would be contacting me. I got a call on Wednesday from a very pleasant woman telling me the check would be going out that day. I wasn't originally planning on even attempting to get a refund but it was a complete piece of cake. Great response time and no difficulties.
Great info, thx
Old 01-29-2015, 09:49 AM
Specracer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Glen e

Quick Reply: Mobil 1 Use ONLY