Sponsored by:

Dealer screwed up my car

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 06:56 AM
Frodo
Melting Slicks

Received 586 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by mksz51
Document everything. Write every detail down in the sequence things happened. Commitments, names, actions, problems, etc. You may need this.

If this should escalate into a lawsuit you'll need documentation and proof of everything you claim in court. Good luck!
Old 01-21-2015, 07:07 AM
jrainlay
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Subscribed.

It sounds like the service manager, in again assigning the same inexperienced mechanic to the job, is less interested in actually fixing your car than he is in either 1) maintaining a single point of accountability for the problem, or 2) continuing the mechanic's on-the-job training at your expense. Either way, I would be absolutely livid by now!!!
Old 01-21-2015, 08:24 AM
Frodo
Melting Slicks

Received 586 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by swaite
RK Chevy in Vineland NJ. I would suggest other not get any service done here.

Steve
Here's thought, might save other Vette owners who aren't CF members. Go to the dealer's Facebook page and let it all out. They hate having their screw-ups aired in public. And nobody has more viewers than Facebook. Good luck!
Old 01-21-2015, 09:41 AM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Frodo
Here's thought, might save other Vette owners who aren't CF members. Go to the dealer's Facebook page and let it all out. They hate having their screw-ups aired in public. And nobody has more viewers than Facebook. Good luck!
I don't have FB but cant they just delete whatever he says on their FB account?
Old 01-21-2015, 11:26 AM
HighTeq
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Chicago1
I don't have FB but cant they just delete whatever he says on their FB account?
Yes, but if they are inept at fixing cars I'm sure their social media skills are about as good?
Old 01-21-2015, 11:43 AM
Chicago1
Race Director

Originally Posted by HighTeq
Yes, but if they are inept at fixing cars I'm sure their social media skills are about as good?
I highly doubt the mechanic is working the FB page. Probably some fat chick working the social stuff.. Dealers will take the 2 sec it probably takes to delete any negative comments.
Old 01-21-2015, 02:34 PM
swaite
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Update again

this get worse, trans is still not shifting smoothly and the mechanic at the dealership abused my car and I have proof. I happen to plug in my telemetry device into the data port befor I left the car on Monday and this is how I found they test drove my car on the potholed streets around the dealership. the big spike is over 100MPH while the trans still was not shifting properly. I only had this plugged in for 1 day of the 20+ days they had the car what else did they do to it. I will not go into all of the details of my conversation I had with the sales manager (not very good) but I have had a very good experience with Marissa at GM (who I did get to speak with today) and I will let everyone know the solution to the very bad situation when I get one
Old 01-21-2015, 03:11 PM
pdiddy972
Race Director

Received 532 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by John Ulrich
Exactly - why do these people have a Corvette tech but then not use him for Corvette repairs?
Old 01-21-2015, 03:46 PM
Wm Rose
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Man! I'd be livid, if I found out some mechanic had my $75,000 Vette up to 100mph. I'd be marching into the office insisting on talking to the owner. What happens if he kills a kid walking home from school. Who's insurance is paying that bill.
Old 01-21-2015, 04:33 PM
swaite
Racer

Originally Posted by Wm Rose
Man! I'd be livid, if I found out some mechanic had my $75,000 Vette up to 100mph. I'd be marching into the office insisting on talking to the owner. What happens if he kills a kid walking home from school. Who's insurance is paying that bill.
You are 100% correct I would hate to see someone get hurt!

The other issue is that this info is only from 1 day that I had the unit plugged in what did they do to my car before since they had it at the shop from dec 29th-Jan 20th........My transmission still does not shift correct and while I LOVE my car I no longer feel comfortable with it given all of the issues the untrained mechanic caused and on top of that was hot rodding my car around with the issue still in place.

I am so disappointed right now and I did not think anything could make me unhappy with my new corvette………….

Last edited by swaite; 01-21-2015 at 05:09 PM.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:14 PM
MADMANC7
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I would inform the dealer that you're filing a claim under existing lemon laws, and they will be responsible for the full cost of replacing your car with a brand new one, or a refund of the full price you paid, your choice. See if that motivates them. I think they only get 3 chances to fix it, that plus the documented abuse should be plenty for a claim.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:28 PM
swaite
Racer

Originally Posted by MADMANC7
I would inform the dealer that you're filing a claim under existing lemon laws, and they will be responsible for the full cost of replacing your car with a brand new one, or a refund of the full price you paid, your choice. See if that motivates them. I think they only get 3 chances to fix it, that plus the documented abuse should be plenty for a claim.
Its sad it may come to this as I love this car but the dealer has messed up this situation so bad that it may come to this as I no longer feel comfortable with the car and the future/current issues it may have because of all of this.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:35 PM
0v3rc10ck3d
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Geez this is ********. The guy who takes another mans car for a 100mph joy ride while he's being entrusted to fix it deserves to get punched in the face. I'm getting angry just reading this and it's not even my car.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:46 PM
rmorin1249
Le Mans Master

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,174 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16,'18

This saga is absolutely incredible. Someone in upper management needs to step up and do their job. Heads should roll.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:39 PM
John Ulrich
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 270 Likes on 199 Posts

Rest assured the shop tech is in the back room with his peers showing an attitude!
Old 01-21-2015, 08:39 PM
swaite
Racer

Originally Posted by rmorin1249
This saga is absolutely incredible. Someone in upper management needs to step up and do their job. Heads should roll.
Heads very well may although that's not really my goal, my goal is to get my situation resolved to my satisfaction which seems less and less likely without some drastic measure by GM to make me happy because through all of this I have learned the dealership is not capable of dealing with a customer in a proactive way.
Old 01-21-2015, 10:29 PM
don7790
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 27 Posts

Get notified of new replies

To Dealer screwed up my car

Old 01-21-2015, 10:48 PM
Vegas1500
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 256 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette ED
If you take it to another GM dealer here is what could happen. A good Corvette tech will see that someone else had the car apart and did something wrong. Warranty isn't going to pay for dealer #2 to repair dealer #1 screw up.

If dealer #1 gives you the car back when you return and it isn't fix. I would go lemon law have GM buy back the car and get another one!!!
Yes all work performed under warranty at any dealer will be covered at any other dealer. For example, on holidays away from home and get a repair done and then return home and find out it wasn't fixed right. If they don't cover it go to a different dealer as they have to cover it 100%.
Old 01-21-2015, 11:07 PM
jedblanks
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Geez!

After reading this I don't even want to use the 24 month maint program for oil changes. Are you listening chevy cust svc??

I searched the local area for reviews on service dept and I took my corvette to get an oil change. Not only were they unable to perform the work at the time I a scheduled using their online tool, but also:
1. They didn't know that 2014 corvettes come with 24 month maint plan. Don't all their cars for the past year have this??? How could they not know?

2. After waiting 10 minutes to be greeted (note I showed up at the time of my online appt) they spent another 10 pulling up the warranty info on the car, then told me I had an open bulletin on the car about a parking brake nut, but they'd have to order they part and I'd have to bring in the car and leave it all day.

3. Next they proceeded to warn me against changing my own oil, patronized me asking if this was my first corvette (it's my 4th) and how all these cars have too many electronics to work on.

4. Finally they get around to telling me they close in 45 minutes and can't do the oil change I scheduled for.

Not a good vibe at all about that place.

So I'll ask again, are you listening chevy cust svc?!?!

Last edited by jedblanks; 01-21-2015 at 11:13 PM.
Old 01-21-2015, 11:13 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

What did GM say after you showed them that 100mph ?

Quick Reply: Dealer screwed up my car