Sponsored by:

"Courtesy Delivery" Cost and Your Experience

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 08:28 PM
arturox2
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 70 Likes on 61 Posts

$150.00. Performed PDI, but I caught several things and had them corrected before I left the dealership. No gas tank fill up--claimed they didn't have correct octane. No instruction or overview.

The Fleet Manager protected my car! It was their first Z06 and several salespeople were trying to sneak in a drive before I picked it up. The Fleet Manager treated it like it was already my car and kept the keys locked up in his desk.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:48 AM
11B250
Melting Slicks

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

$450. Greenacres FL. Only few miles from my house. That's where I'll be picking up from. Hopefully it's a good experience. I suppose MacMulkin will already have the money for the car so that it can be released. Hopefully the car will be trouble free and no defects of any kind. It's a little gamble when you order a car really... If you don't accept it for few snags, start waiting for few more months to get the 2nd car...
Old 01-26-2015, 09:52 AM
W88fixer
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy-hp
A minority do understand that treating you well will earn them your referrals and future business and they will gladly and smartly handle the transaction for a reasonable fee.
Good point and simply good business on their part. Don
Old 01-28-2015, 11:26 PM
MACE_Hardware
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17-'18-'19

Thanks for the feedback folks.

I'm not having much luck with my local dealers - that's for sure. Getting a bit discouraged. It took me a long time to convince myself it's ok to spend the Krona$ and now that I'm ready, I can't get an order placed. Well, some will take a deposit but "can't really say" when the order will go through...

I think I'll go back to the out of state dealer and see if they have any prior history with a Washington state "courtesy delivery".
Old 01-29-2015, 12:24 AM
vegasc7
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picked mine up yesterday. I own a local business and always do everything I can to buy local and will spend a little more to do so, but it's a limited allocation area, So after all the attempts failed I asked for a courtesy delivery.... First dealer, not really interested, second, said no problem, I said I expect to pay extra, they gave me all the needed
numbers, never
mentioned a charge... Everything went fine, tank full, clean, white cover in trunk, one hour demo, BIG SMILE ON ME.... I gave them $500.00..... I think where both happy !
Old 01-29-2015, 01:18 AM
seel2000
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm curious if the price agreed upon is from the receiving dealer? The final price not the delivery charge.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:29 AM
Algiers
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I paid $425 and got a voucher for a full tank gas. The fleet manager didn't have the guy he trusted that week and he didn't want "one of the young guys" taking it down the street to fill it up. He was very helpful, met me really earliy so I wouldn't be too late for work and he kept the build sheet and window sticker for me. I was concerned about doing it but for me it was completely problem free.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:38 AM
seel2000
Pro

You guys are funny about the free tank of gas. I could not care less if it's full. Gasoline is around 2 bucks for premium. I don't even want anyone driving my C7 upon delivery. I can afford the petrol!
Old 01-29-2015, 02:00 AM
Algiers
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by seel2000
You guys are funny about the free tank of gas. I could not care less if it's full. Gasoline is around 2 bucks for premium. I don't even want anyone driving my C7 upon delivery. I can afford the petrol!
That's true but it's more of principle kind of thing. They are supposed to give it to you with a full tank of gas but some don't when they do a courtesy delivery to save a little money out of the fee.
Also it was well over $4 a gallon when I got mine. That's still not a big deal of course but after dropping that much on a car every little victory helps.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:29 AM
seel2000
Pro

Originally Posted by Algiers
That's true but it's more of principle kind of thing. They are supposed to give it to you with a full tank of gas but some don't when they do a courtesy delivery to save a little money out of the fee.
Also it was well over $4 a gallon when I got mine. That's still not a big deal of course but after dropping that much on a car every little victory helps.
I understand your point. I think a lot of people have an attitude of "the dealership made me pay this much for it, I'm going to get my freebies". It's just not at all important to me; specifically speaking about when my C7 is delivered. I do not want anyone in mine driving to get gasoline. That is more of a risk than reward situation to me. I'm of the mindset "the least amount of exposure to any outside element the better". I'll pay for the gas for the peace of mind.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:08 AM
LEJ ZO6
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I bought mine at Forum dealer Less Stanford in Dearborn, MI. They did the prep and shipped it by private carrier directly to me. No need for a local courtesy dealer.

It arrived with no issues, no problems. Warranty service is done by a local Tampa dealer. If there had been any problems they would take care of them.

Couldn't have been a better transaction and didn't cost me additional cost of a "courtesy delivery".
Old 01-29-2015, 10:50 AM
pcguy2u
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Bmbl-Bee
My selling dealer told me the car being shipped to a dealer via courtesy delivery is no different than a car being shipped directly to an ordering dealer. The car is still G.M.'s responsibility until I accept the condition of the car at the courtesy dealer. I was told I can refuse the car at this point if there is damage. It's not a delivered car from one dealer to another. It's an ordered car from the factory being shipped to a Chevrolet dealership.

Except you have already paid for it.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:29 AM
mikefili
Pro

Did it once, don't expect anything from the delivering dealer, just be happy you get your car
They are not your friend! Someone else made all the money on your deal.
Wouldn't they be smarter if they sold the car to you at the right price from the beginning?
They just can't help themselves!
Old 01-29-2015, 03:51 PM
Knobbie
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For $200 I got about 2-3 hours of personal service and a full tank of gas.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:39 PM
golfnutintib
Advanced

Originally Posted by Skidplate
$495 including PDI, wash, gas, license and registration, OnStar setup and an hour and a half of in the seat instruction (info center, music, navigation, driving modes, etc.).
$500 for me too - with the same services here in the San Francisco Bay Area. Dealt with the sales manager directly at Putnam Chevy (Peter Spencer). He was very nice, very helpful, very accommodating. He offered me a walkthrough but I declined.
Old 01-29-2015, 07:35 PM
Jbnick
Racer

Received 222 Likes on 113 Posts

$300 Orlando, Florida. Great experience.
Old 01-29-2015, 07:47 PM
Mike Campbell
Le Mans Master

Received 1,068 Likes on 592 Posts

The dealer I sold my C6 to refused to do one. Another local dealer had done one for a C7 for $ 500.00 but said he'd charge $ 1000.00. So I ordered the car from an out of state dealer and had it shipped literally to my front door for $500.00. Plus I had gotten a good deal on the car so I was happy and ahead.

Get notified of new replies

To "Courtesy Delivery" Cost and Your Experience

Old 01-29-2015, 07:49 PM
rmorin1249
Le Mans Master

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,174 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16,'18

If the PDI only involves installing a couple shields, washing and putting in some gas you would think almost any dealer would be willing to do a courtesy delivery for under $500. I imagine they are paying the guy that does the work under $25/hr.
Old 01-29-2015, 07:54 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 935 Likes on 489 Posts
Tech Contributor

Most Dealers dont like courtesy deliveries, they see that someone else got a car they should have got, and then the customer flaunts it in their face.

Not right, but truth.
Old 09-13-2015, 12:19 PM
cor66vette
Le Mans Master

Received 1,308 Likes on 690 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
C2 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Originally Posted by LEJ ZO6
I bought mine at Forum dealer Less Stanford in Dearborn, MI. They did the prep and shipped it by private carrier directly to me. No need for a local courtesy dealer.

It arrived with no issues, no problems. Warranty service is done by a local Tampa dealer. If there had been any problems they would take care of them.

Couldn't have been a better transaction and didn't cost me additional cost of a "courtesy delivery".
Which dealer in the Tampa area?

Quick Reply: "Courtesy Delivery" Cost and Your Experience