Sponsored by:

Can't we play together nicely?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 07:37 AM
Frodo
Melting Slicks

Received 586 Likes on 266 Posts

Default Can't we play together nicely?

What a bunch of "friendly" fellow Corvette drivers. And in America where we pride ourselves on independence and creativity. Its wonderful, until you post something different from someone else, such as wearing gloves. "I'm NOT waving if you wear gloves". It could be gloves, Z06 grilles, splash guards, bras, tires, wheels, anything, the list goes on and on.... if someone else doesn't want it they'll flame you for wanting it. You know who you are, as well as the rest of us. Geez. I've been on this forum for longer than most of you and its always amazed me how a group with a common interest can be so intolerant of each other. Go ahead and flame me if you want, I've been flamed by better, I'm sure. (Frodo steps down from his soapbox)
Old 01-26-2015, 07:39 AM
RHORTON164
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Frodo
What a bunch of "friendly" fellow Corvette drivers. And in America where we pride ourselves on independence and creativity. Its wonderful, until you post something different from someone else, such as wearing gloves. "I'm NOT waving if you wear gloves". It could be gloves, Z06 grilles, splash guards, bras, tires, wheels, anything, the list goes on and on.... if someone else doesn't want it they'll flame you for wanting it. You know who you are, as well as the rest of us. Geez. I've been on this forum for longer than most of you and its always amazed me how a group with a common interest can be so intolerant of each other. Go ahead and flame me if you want, I've been flamed by better, I'm sure. (Frodo steps down from his soapbox)
You are right on. This can be a tough group!
Old 01-26-2015, 07:47 AM
pjitty
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts

Don't forget the guy who was going to give the vette driver the finger for driving his car in the winter, until he found out it was a woman. Oh and be careful if you have a Kalahari interior...
Old 01-26-2015, 07:52 AM
Lacoven
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pjitty
Don't forget the guy who was going to give the vette driver the finger for driving his car in the winter, until he found out it was a woman. Oh and be careful if you have a Kalahari interior...
What's wrong with Kalahari interior? I thought it was cool Torch Red with that color interior made me feel like I had a Chevy Ferrari!
Old 01-26-2015, 07:56 AM
Randy WS6
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RHORTON164

I do a lot of research on here , but don't like to post much, because of the hot heads. .
Old 01-26-2015, 08:19 AM
stingraymyway
Race Director

Location: Out of Site...Out of Mind. Corvette: anything else is just transportation.
Received 134 Likes on 103 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

To each, their own. Every body's different.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:28 AM
f152tall
Burning Brakes

Received 431 Likes on 150 Posts

Amen! I've bern on this forum for 10 years and have, at times, taken years away from CF because it has gotten too hostile. My latest return in early '14 found it to be the most caustic yet but I put up with it because I needed info for my new C7.

You guys that hide behind your keyboards need to remind yourselves the world doesn't revolve around your over-inflated opinions.

We've got a saying in New Orleans that became popular after Katrina. It's posted in many bars, shops and restaurants: "Be nice, Or leave."
Old 01-26-2015, 08:30 AM
rcooper
Safety Car

Received 676 Likes on 480 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

The forum is not a place for the faint of heart.
But the internet hide the face of ----------- insert adjective of your choice here.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:04 AM
pjitty
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Lacoven
What's wrong with Kalahari interior? I thought it was cool Torch Red with that color interior made me feel like I had a Chevy Ferrari!
Nothing. I have a Torch Red vette with a Kalahari interior and think it's awesome. Their was a thread a while back stating Kalahari was orange and terrible looking. While some didn't agree, I was amazed at how many thought it was a wrong to have it...
Old 01-26-2015, 09:06 AM
alienranch
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 112 Likes on 69 Posts

Well stated my friend.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:11 AM
grandpawmoses
Race Director

Received 95 Likes on 41 Posts

I agree. It seems that every day there's a new thread that turns into a "mind's better because it's a _____________". (Insert MT/AT, coupe/conv, base/Z51, 1LT/2LT/3LT, etc)
Old 01-26-2015, 09:13 AM
bearphoto
Safety Car

Received 302 Likes on 200 Posts
SoCal Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12

This forum has tons of D bags. If I see a posting from a D bag, I immediately delete him so I don't have to see their posts. If the rest of you do it, pretty soon maybe they will wonder why no one responds to their posts...well its because you have been deleted!
Old 01-26-2015, 09:21 AM
blitzebill
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This happens in EVERY car forum. Nothing new.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:27 AM
jerryv
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Just develop thicker skin. Part of tolerance .. the hardest part .. is allowing others to have different ideas. Somebody likes driving gloves, somebody else thinks they're stupid. All OPINIONS have equal validity. No one's ideas or opinions are uniquely important. We're all just a bunch of a'holes typing crap into computers. It's not that big a deal.

Nobody's on my ignore list. If I don't like what I'm reading, I'll skip over it .. but I'm not into the idea of 'banning' somebody whose opinions are different from my own. There's nothing to be learned from listening only to people whose ideas match my own. That's basically masturbatory.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:32 AM
Frodo
Melting Slicks

Received 586 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by bearphoto
This forum has tons of D bags. If I see a posting from a D bag, I immediately delete him so I don't have to see their posts. If the rest of you do it, pretty soon maybe they will wonder why no one responds to their posts...well its because you have been deleted!
Good point bearphoto. Seems like the admin is willing to let it go on. Shouldn't have to be that way though. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, as long as its stated without malice.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:33 AM
1SG_Ret
Melting Slicks

Received 478 Likes on 283 Posts

More a societal trend than just forums (this one or any other).

Being adult and intelligent enough to state an opinion (differing or otherwise) without the ad hominem attack seems to be a lost art.

Old 01-26-2015, 09:34 AM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 922 Likes on 481 Posts
Tech Contributor

I have been a moderator at two car forums and there is nothing diff here than other sites. People are people. Who cares what people say? Do you know them ? Did they hurt your family? No....Who cares what they think of your car?

I certainly don't.

BTW, if someone posts a pic of something they have done and says "WHAT DO YOU THINK?" - It is open game on him if you disagree, say it! And that's perfectly ok , IMO, as HE ASKED. Of course as soon as some one posts "it sucks" others feel the need to console him as it's followed by 100 "it's your car do what you want"

Of course it's his car......

Last edited by Glen e; 01-26-2015 at 09:50 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Can't we play together nicely?

Old 01-26-2015, 09:34 AM
SevenTurns
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by RHORTON164
Some great info here, but a tough crowd at times.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:39 AM
SharkGrayStingray
Drifting

Received 185 Likes on 129 Posts

Not flaming, and not trying to insult you, but if you or anyone else on the internet get offended by what people say ON THE INTERNET, then you maybe need to talk to more people in person. Like family or friends. Somethings wrong if you feel something because of what strangers say. Take all the good info and either bash people that bash you right back, or just ignore them. Thats the power of the keyboard, you can scroll on by.....
Old 01-26-2015, 09:44 AM
fireinv38
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

the title of my thread was attitude adjustment. do a search. got many responses. this is nothing new. attitudes and moronic answers. love it.

Quick Reply: Can't we play together nicely?