Lodging Recommendation for NCM Bash

Old 01-28-2015, 11:38 PM
OVERULD
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 296 Likes on 214 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16

Default Lodging Recommendation for NCM Bash

Planning to attend the NCM Bash this year. Looking for lodging recommendations from those who have attended in previous years. I'm doing the Museum Delivery sometime in late February or early March (TPW of 2/16) but want to head back up and experience the Bash. So, I'm looking for lodging recommendations for both the Museum Delivery and Bash.

Also, what are some of the better events to try to get registered for?

Thanks,
BJ
Old 01-29-2015, 01:09 AM
ArcticC7
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by OVERULD
Planning to attend the NCM Bash this year. Looking for lodging recommendations from those who have attended in previous years. I'm doing the Museum Delivery sometime in late February or early March (TPW of 2/16) but want to head back up and experience the Bash. So, I'm looking for lodging recommendations for both the Museum Delivery and Bash.

Thanks,
BJ
:
Old 01-29-2015, 09:24 AM
rocket68
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks,
BJ
Been to Bowling Green several times in the last two years. Always stay at the Hampton Inn. Just off the second exit south of the NCM exit. Has always been a good experience. Close to a lot of restaurants and easy drive north to the Museum.
Old 01-29-2015, 12:40 PM
Runaway89
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We always stay at the Holiday Inn Express at the same exit as the Hampton Inn. Always a good room and rate. Do not stay at the Super 8 at the corner of the road where you turn to go back to the Museum. Booked a room there for 1 Lap last year. Filthy carpet in hall, horrible smell, chair from the 1950's in the room and found a dead bug and a hair (don't know which end of the body it came from) on the sheet. Went to the desk to complain and they said I could have another room down the same hall. I said no I wanted my money back and they said they could not refund my money. Went to Holiday Inn Express and got a good nights sleep. Expensive lesson.
Old 01-29-2015, 12:43 PM
theanswriz42
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08, '15

Originally Posted by rocket68
Been to Bowling Green several times in the last two years. Always stay at the Hampton Inn. Just off the second exit south of the NCM exit. Has always been a good experience. Close to a lot of restaurants and easy drive north to the Museum.
I second the Hampton Inn, it's where I always stay in BG.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:36 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by Runaway89
We always stay at the Holiday Inn Express at the same exit as the Hampton Inn. Always a good room and rate. Do not stay at the Super 8 at the corner of the road where you turn to go back to the Museum. Booked a room there for 1 Lap last year. Filthy carpet in hall, horrible smell, chair from the 1950's in the room and found a dead bug and a hair (don't know which end of the body it came from) on the sheet. Went to the desk to complain and they said I could have another room down the same hall. I said no I wanted my money back and they said they could not refund my money. Went to Holiday Inn Express and got a good nights sleep. Expensive lesson.
We always stay at the Super 8 and have always had good experiences there.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:17 PM
17535sjnr
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I stayed at La Quinta in October. It was nice because we had our two small dogs with us. They stayed for free. It was a few dollars cheaper than most of the hotels in BG. They had a modest hot breakfast too. It's on the south side of the main BG exit. 5 miles from the museum.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:45 PM
bradc6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 343 Likes on 195 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11
National Champs Gators 4 St. Jude '09

I like the Courtyard by Marriott or the Hilton Garden Inn. They are next to each other off of Scottsville Rd (Exit 22) past the airport.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:57 PM
OVERULD
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '16

Appreciate the input folks. Looking forward to visiting Bowling Green and picking up my first Corvette!

BJ
Old 01-30-2015, 01:41 AM
BERETTA
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 113 Likes on 78 Posts

Another vote for the Hampton at exit 22 great exit to stay at, plenty of places to eat. The Mall is also close to the Hampton to keep the wife happy.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:26 PM
OVERULD
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '16

Well, the Hampton Inn is sold out, as are several others I checked. I booked our room at the Courtyard by Marriott on Wilkinson Trace by the convention center / golf course. Map shows it is about 7 miles from the Museum.

BJ
Old 01-31-2015, 12:24 AM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Well, the Hampton Inn is sold out, as are several others I checked. I booked our room at the Courtyard by Marriott on Wilkinson Trace by the convention center / golf course. Map shows it is about 7 miles from the Museum.

BJ
You'll like the Courtyard by Marriott. It's a nice place and it's in a great location.

Get notified of new replies

To Lodging Recommendation for NCM Bash

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lodging Recommendation for NCM Bash