C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Corvette Dealer in Austin, TX area?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 12:49 PM
mbking
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Corvette Dealer in Austin, TX area?

I'm looking to buy my first Corvette and would like to purchase locally where it is likely to be serviced. I want to pick a dealer that is qualified to properly take care of a Corvette and has the allocations to order the car I want. I haven't set foot on a GM lot for more than 30 years and for good reason, so I don't have any experience with the local dealers. My other option may be to buy from someone like Kerbeck and have it delivered to my dealer of choice. Anyone have a recommendation?
Old 01-29-2015, 01:28 PM
Spinny
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by mbking
I'm looking to buy my first Corvette and would like to purchase locally where it is likely to be serviced. I want to pick a dealer that is qualified to properly take care of a Corvette and has the allocations to order the car I want. I haven't set foot on a GM lot for more than 30 years and for good reason, so I don't have any experience with the local dealers. My other option may be to buy from someone like Kerbeck and have it delivered to my dealer of choice. Anyone have a recommendation?
I used Hewlett in Georgetown. They had an allocation and my order was placed and accepted by the factory promptly. As it turned out, they got one in for stock I liked so I cancelled the order and bought the one that had just been dropped off the truck. Send me a PM with your phone number and I will tell you more about my experience with them and another local Vette dealer I have used in Austin.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:45 PM
alienranch
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 112 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by mbking
I live in Dallas but purchased from Kerbeck. Supplier pricing saved me almost $7,000 over what anyone else around here was offering. Keep in mind that you'll still have to pay for transportation to Texas if purchasing from Kerbeck. If you purchase from them, you'll own the vehicle and be responsible for any transportation costs. If you order from GM, you can choose which dealership to have it delivered to (courtesy transport). Anyway, still worth it to buy from Kerbeck in my case. They had exactly the vehicle I had spec'd out so it saved me quite a bit. Good Luck!
Old 01-29-2015, 05:18 PM
beepster
Melting Slicks

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

I have had good luck w/ service at Hewlett in Georgetown though I did not buy from them. If you elect to buy from an out of town dealer or over the internet be sure to condition your purchase on a personal inspection with the ability to cancel (with a return of your $) if the car does not meet your standards. I purchased my car over the internet "sight unseen" except for pictures...a mistake I will not repeat.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:09 PM
Ernest_T
Drifting

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

I ordered mine from Don Ringler in Temple with supplier pricing. It took three weeks to go from 1100 to 2000 with a painted roof.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:11 AM
mbking
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks for the Replies

I want to post a special thanks to Spinny, alienranch, beepster, and Ernest_T for your quick responses. You guys were a wealth of information and all of it will be helpful. A special thanks to Spinny for going the extra mile to explain some of the details. I've got a lot of options to look at and hopefully it will result in an order soon. Thanks again.
Old 01-30-2015, 08:31 AM
Ernest_T
Drifting

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

I never got too talk pricing at Hewlett, but they had several Corvettes in stock. A couple of them were stored in the ex-Hummer dealership next door.
Old 01-30-2015, 11:16 AM
Blue Demon
Le Mans Master

Location: And then it was said... "let there be blue Corvettes and yellow Camaros" Ft Worth Texas
Received 100 Likes on 77 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

We have bought 7 new Corvettes and a new Camaro from Covert Chevrolet in Bastrop over the last 14 years. The most recent is our 2015 Laguna Blue Z51 coupe. We used the credit union discount and saved over $7,100 off MSRP. Ask for Laurie B. Best deslership in Texas IMO!
Old 01-30-2015, 05:37 PM
rcooper
Safety Car

Received 676 Likes on 480 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by Blue Demon
We have bought 7 new Corvettes and a new Camaro from Covert Chevrolet in Bastrop over the last 14 years. The most recent is our 2015 Laguna Blue Z51 coupe. We used the credit union discount and saved over $7,100 off MSRP. Ask for Laurie B. Best deslership in Texas IMO!
Glad you got treated well at Covert, my wife and I got just the reverse of that. I would not recommend them, but I am happy to hear that others would.
I used Henna and had a great experience. Highly recommended. And being centrally located near 183 and IH 35 helps.

Get notified of new replies

To Best Corvette Dealer in Austin, TX area?

Quick Reply: Best Corvette Dealer in Austin, TX area?