RPO............Description.............. ..................Availability
Z51............Performance Package............................50%
C2Q............Dual Roof Package (Body Color and Transparent)..0%
C2Z/C2M........Roof Panels ...................................20%
CFA............Standard roof (painted)........................40%
Z07............Z06 Performance package........................45%
CFZ - Z07......Carbon Fiber Ground Effects minus Z07 Perf Pkg.25%
CFV............Carbon Fiber Ground Effects....................15%

Target Production Week of March 2, 2015 for non-Z06.
No allocations for Z06.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:54 PM
C7s
Burning Brakes

Received 274 Likes on 127 Posts

Thanks! Constraints are released for each cycle so the next report will post 2/12 correct?
Old 01-29-2015, 03:02 PM
Calif Vetteman
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
RPO............Description.............. ..................Availability
Z51............Performance Package............................50%
C2Q............Dual Roof Package (Body Color and Transparent)..0%
C2Z/C2M........Roof Panels ...................................20%
CFA............Standard roof (painted)........................40%
Z07............Z06 Performance package........................45%
CFZ - Z07......Carbon Fiber Ground Effects minus Z07 Perf Pkg.25%
CFV............Carbon Fiber Ground Effects....................15%

Target Production Week of March 2, 2015 for non-Z06.
No allocations for Z06.
Okay! I ordered my 2015 on the first of Sept. The dual roof pkg. C2Q was at 0% then... So after a couple of weeks I dropped the dual, and opted for the standard painted roof only.

I see C7s with painted roofs and c7's with transparent roofs being delivered every day. So how is it that the two can't be delivered as the C2Q option ?: Just saying?
Old 01-29-2015, 03:03 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,072 Likes on 6,171 Posts

Originally Posted by C7s
Thanks! Constraints are released for each cycle so the next report will post 2/12 correct?
Yes, usually they are every 2 weeks. Sometimes more often, sometimes less due to Holidays (like Christmas and New Years fell on Thursdays).
Old 01-29-2015, 03:09 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Calif Vetteman
Okay! I ordered my 2015 on the first of Sept. The dual roof pkg. C2Q was at 0% then... So after a couple of weeks I dropped the dual, and opted for the standard painted roof only.

I see C7s with painted roofs and c7's with transparent roofs being delivered every day. So how is it that the two can't be delivered as the C2Q option ?: Just saying?
I can only offer a guess. Since they are having to use so many transparent roofs, they probably don't have enough to cover what they need just to have a roof on each car AND be able to allow those fortunate enough to get one of the solid roofs to be able to get both.

With limited solid roofs, if they run out of transparent roofs, they are screwed. Convertibles can't be built back-to-back in the factory, so if you can't build coupes they probably shut down the line. Very costly.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:31 PM
C7s
Burning Brakes

Received 274 Likes on 127 Posts

Yes, usually they are every 2 weeks. Sometimes more often, sometimes less due to Holidays (like Christmas and New Years fell on Thursdays).
So I placed my order on 1/27. Is it possible it would go to 2000 status today then? My dealer told me most likely 2nd week of Feb. What day does the status change during a cycle?
Old 01-29-2015, 03:37 PM
DocGuy
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '15

Time to pull the trigger and wait!!!!!!

Doc
Old 01-29-2015, 03:42 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by C7s
So I placed my order on 1/27. Is it possible it would go to 2000 status today then? My dealer told me most likely 2nd week of Feb. What day does the status change during a cycle?
No. As I understand the timing, your dealer has until Saturday to assign orders to his allocations (within any constraints). Final order acceptance (and status 2000) would happen Tuesday.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:00 PM
RedRay15
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

I can only offer a guess. Since they are having to use so many transparent roofs, they probably don't have enough to cover what they need just to have a roof on each car AND be able to allow those fortunate enough to get one of the solid roofs to be able to get both.

With limited solid roofs, if they run out of transparent roofs, they are screwed. Convertibles can't be built back-to-back in the factory, so if you can't build coupes they probably shut down the line. Very costly.
It's an inventory issue. Only about 10% of the orders are for transparent roofs, so they have an abundance of them. The transparent roof, CC3, is the only one not constrained. They are constraining the carbon fiber roofs, trying to force people to take the transparent ones so they can reduce their inventory.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:12 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by RedRay15
It's an inventory issue. Only about 10% of the orders are for transparent roofs, so they have an abundance of them. The transparent roof, CC3, is the only one not constrained. They are constraining the carbon fiber roofs, trying to force people to take the transparent ones so they can reduce their inventory.
That does not explain why they will not allow the dual roof configuration if you make it past the roof constraint. If they have an excess of transparent roofs, why constrain the dual roof options beyond the constraint on the solid roof?
Old 01-29-2015, 11:18 PM
RedRay15
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

That does not explain why they will not allow the dual roof configuration if you make it past the roof constraint. If they have an excess of transparent roofs, why constrain the dual roof options beyond the constraint on the solid roof?
I've wondered the same thing. You would think that at the end of the assembly line they could just place a transparent roof in the trunk, however, when you watch a youtube video of the assembly line there is no convenient place at the end of the line to do that. I think they just don't won't to make that a part of the process.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:33 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Dual roofs (a solid and a transparent) have been available on Corvettes for over 15 years. Getting the second roof in the car is not the issue. Dual roofs were available during the 2014 Model Year. I think the surprise is that Convertibles have not been as popular on the C7 as they were for the C5 and C6 (verts made up 45% of base C6s and less than 30% of C7s). Hence, they need more roofs and the CF roof supplier just hasn't been able to increase the supply sufficiently (plus there is reported to be a global shortage of carbon fiber). So, they have made up for it with transparent roofs (which are easier to make than the CF roofs). They are probably stretching the transparent roof supplier to their maximum capability.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:46 PM
RedRay15
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Dual roofs (a solid and a transparent) have been available on Corvettes for over 15 years. Getting the second roof in the car is not the issue. Dual roofs were available during the 2014 Model Year. I think the surprise is that Convertibles have not been as popular on the C7 as they were for the C5 and C6 (verts made up 45% of base C6s and less than 30% of C7s). Hence, they need more roofs and the CF roof supplier just hasn't been able to increase the supply sufficiently (plus there is reported to be a global shortage of carbon fiber). So, they have made up for it with transparent roofs (which are easier to make than the CF roofs). They are probably stretching the transparent roof supplier to their maximum capability.
I agree. It could be a combination of all those things.
Old 01-31-2015, 09:51 AM
60corvetteC1
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Supply vs Demand

I think there might also be a marketing strategy behind some of the constraints. The plant was closed for almost three weeks that should have given the supplier(s) time to make up the shortfall in "constrained" items. Sales of C7 overall are down compared to last year. A good barometer is to look at inventory on hand at the dealerships. Chevrolet never thought in less than 60 days after the first ZO6 was shipped, there would be an abundance of them on the dealer lots with no premium over MSRP. Chevrolet might want all of us that are thinking about ordering to do it now or we might not get the car as we want it configured before the summer. If they really want to sell more convertibles they can shrink the price difference and if they want to have fewer carbon exposed tops ordered they could increase the price. Chevrolet is a smart company and wants to sell every option they can (more profit) but their main goal is to keep the line running at full capacity. Hang in there if you ordered and have constrained items in your order

Last edited by 60corvetteC1; 01-31-2015 at 11:24 PM.
Old 02-01-2015, 06:06 PM
SSTG
Le Mans Master

Received 207 Likes on 137 Posts

No. As I understand the timing, your dealer has until Saturday to assign orders to his allocations (within any constraints). Final order acceptance (and status 2000) would happen Tuesday.
Does this mean if my order is turned in to my Dealer tomorrow (Monday) that it could be produced 2/9 or so? Or did I miss that boat?

Also, is there a thread that shows how the order process and numbers work?

Thanks!

Edit: I found the Tracking info in one of the Stickies.

Last edited by SSTG; 02-01-2015 at 06:15 PM.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:02 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by SSTG
Does this mean if my order is turned in to my Dealer tomorrow (Monday) that it could be produced 2/9 or so? Or did I miss that boat?

Also, is there a thread that shows how the order process and numbers work?

Thanks!

Edit: I found the Tracking info in one of the Stickies.
No, it does not mean that at all. First of all, this cycle is for a Target Production Week of MARCH 2 (unless you meant 3/9). Secondly, as I understand the process, dealers had to have orders for this cycle in by Saturday (yesterday). Monday is too late.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:27 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Give people the standard $4k roof as a standard part or charge people $995 for a roof that is $2k+ less expensive.

Get notified of new replies

To Constraints - January 29 for TPW of March 2

Old 02-01-2015, 07:36 PM
SSTG
Le Mans Master

Received 207 Likes on 137 Posts

No, it does not mean that at all. First of all, this cycle is for a Target Production Week of MARCH 2 (unless you meant 3/9). Secondly, as I understand the process, dealers had to have orders for this cycle in by Saturday (yesterday). Monday is too late.
Yikes! So I'll miss the 3/2 TPW since I can't order until Mon? Forgive my ignorance, that's what it sounds like though.

My Dealer said Monday was fine!
Old 02-01-2015, 08:46 PM
time2run
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

C2Q has been on 0% constraint for the last several months. I have a Z06 coming with a TPW of 2/2 and currently at 3400 and it was ordered with the C2Q option. Just because it says 0% doesn't mean some won't sneak through.
Old 02-02-2015, 09:18 PM
08Indy
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 86 Likes on 57 Posts

I ordered a Z51 stingray in November with carbon fiber roof, both are constrained. My dealer is telling me that Chevrolet is more likely to provide a carbon fiber roof on a Z06 before the Z51. It comes down to what they are making more money on. The dealer has 14 sold orders for stingrays and can't get any of them built. The Z06's are get preference over the stingray right know unless you order one that has nothing on the constraint report! Who knows when I will get my car! Any guess from any of you out there? Maybe they will have rebates by the time I take delivery, since it looks like the Stingrays are starting to pile up on dealers lots. Wonder if we will see dealers deal on Z06's with 7 speeds before the model year is over?

Quick Reply: Constraints - January 29 for TPW of March 2