C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will this travel mug fit in the cup holder?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 07:29 AM
C7-Daddy
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Will this travel mug fit in the cup holder?

I found this sweet Corvette Travel mug on Amazon.

Corvette C7 Travel Tumbler Black

I just would like to know if it will fit in the cup holder. I HATE picking up the cup and having the rubber stuff come with the cup or it not fitting well and possibly falling out.

Thank you for any help!
Old 01-30-2015, 08:55 AM
mikefeeser
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by C7-Daddy

I just would like to know if it will fit in the cup holder. I HATE picking up the cup and having the rubber stuff come with the cup or it not fitting well and possibly falling out.

Thank you for any help!
I believe that is just like the cup I bought from NCM last summer and to answer your question - YES, it fit and works fine. However, a word of caution - have you noticed how the plastic insert inside the cup holder space has about 1/4inch of play - I suspect any spirited driving could be a disaster so you might want to keep that in mind.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:42 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,605 Likes on 6,618 Posts

Originally Posted by C7-Daddy

Thank you for any help!
Yes it does but not perfectly! When I got my C7 in October 2013 I bought one (see pic) and added some felt pads and a Velcro strip to have it hold tighter so thought, unlike with my C6, it would hold in sharp turns etc. Several weeks after, I stopped very short and the bottle of water (I always carry) tipped and spilled! Turns out the cup insert is not well secured and it tilted to the force ffrom stpping! I tried several things and finally glued the insert to the base! A lot more work than it sounds and you may not take corners as fast as I or want to do what it takes to glue it in - but here is a PDF of my install: http://netwelding.com/Improved_Cup_Holder.pdf
It have been well over a year and the bottle has held up in 1 “g” turns and very rapid stops that pull me against the seat/sholder belt! It works.

Cup in Modified Holder

Last edited by JerryU; 01-30-2015 at 06:36 PM.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:03 AM
theanswriz42
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08, '15

Originally Posted by mikefeeser
I believe that is just like the cup I bought from NCM last summer and to answer your question - YES, it fit and works fine. However, a word of caution - have you noticed how the plastic insert inside the cup holder space has about 1/4inch of play - I suspect any spirited driving could be a disaster so you might want to keep that in mind.
You can actually move the plastic insert up and down, or remove it altogether.

Get notified of new replies

To Will this travel mug fit in the cup holder?

Quick Reply: Will this travel mug fit in the cup holder?