Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Butch_N you are not alone "Mottling" paint mis match

Old 01-30-2015, 07:43 AM
C7-Z06
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Butch_N you are not alone "Mottling" paint mis match

Here is a picture of a Laguna blue (premier edition) we were replacing the front bumper on a few weeks back.
Original front bumper was a different shade towards the bottom, tailgate was mottled pretty bad, you can see some on front edge of the gate, as you can see the removable roof doesn't match the halo or the roof, all 3 panels are different shade, and I can bet money there are hundreds like this anything that have metallic or even black as you saw in my prior post.
Took almost 3 days for us to match to fenders and hood, but when you see this we ask which one would you like us to match ?
Check my other post of the black car we just picked up last Saturday in C7 general and Z06 section.

You guys that want to check yours what ever your color, best way it will show is to have the car parked half way into garage or car-port (shade) sun or bright day, and stand back circle back and forth, also women have a better eye for color, have a friend check with you.
I have seen many posts on his thread with people saying their's is fine, check again.......This has been an issue for years and it has not gone away.
Car paint is a very expensive commodity, I am sure DuPont gives GM a great price, but in the spreadsheet its still an expense.
Main issue is not enough base coat paint is transparent.
Love the Corvette Have 3 on the road right now and 3 work in progress so no hate here....
Oh and GM knows it's business as usual three wise monkeys Hear no evil, speak no evil see no evil, as you all know they have been busted on other issues time to bust this one.
Attached Images  
Old 01-30-2015, 08:20 AM
ben dover
Team Owner

Location: When all is said and done... there is a hell of a lot more said than done. Riverside,Texas
Received 139 Likes on 128 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Obvious.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Butch_N you are not alone "Mottling" paint mis match