Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 07:04 PM
bnall40
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C7 Vibration

Originally Posted by jvp
Hey fellow CF'ers -

It seems as though there may be a bit of confusion on how Tadge will read the questions and answer them. He's not a participant here on the forum, as much as we'd all love that. His time is precious and he can't spend hours on end reading through forum posts. So, once a question wins the poll, I'm going to email the text of the question to him unedited. When he replies to my email, I'll create a new thread, which will be stickied, that has both the original question (and a link to that thread) as well as Tadge's answer. I'll also post a reply in the original thread with a link back to the answer.

Given all of that, it behooves the person asking the question to make sure their query is short, sweet, and to the point. Nothing is off limits, as savewave has already said. But we want to avoid sending Tadge a novella in order for him to answer. Savewave is probably going to bop me on the head for writing the next bit, but: imagine you've just met Tadge at a Corvette show and you've shaken his hand. You have 3 minutes to bend his ear and get an answer. Ask away...
JVP ... It's an honor if Tadge replies but an answer from any tech will certainly do. "Search" did not work. I love my 2014 C7 VIN 1252 but there is an annoying vibration over my left shoulder that occurs when the car is in a low gear an pulling, i.e. uphill. A year or so ago a read something about putting shims between the left rear quarter panel and the trunk enclosure. Someone on the assembly line has done that, (shims), to no avail. The car did not vibrate the first three months that I noticed. Somewhere else I have read that a vibration could develop in the area where the rear hatch pivots. I have been unable to resurrect these comments. I intend to take the car in for periodic service soon and would like to have some suggested info. Maybe a service bulletin?
Thanks,
Sam
Log on name "bnall40" Email: bnall40@comcast.net (Email preferred)

Last edited by bnall40; 01-30-2015 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Clarify

Quick Reply: C7 Vibration