C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Worst dealer service in 14 years - help from GM/Chevy rep, please!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 10:27 PM
Florida2000
Pro

Received 93 Likes on 51 Posts

Default Worst dealer service in 14 years - help from GM/Chevy rep, please!

I bought my 3LT Z51 Stingray from Chevy Irvine 1 year ago. Their service department is the worst ever.

-Before I bought the Stingray, they cracked the rocker panels on my 2010 Grand sport lifting the car (traded that in on the Stingray)

-They overfilled the oil on the first oil change on my new Stingray, caused a huge mess in the air intake system (filed complaint with Chevy for warranty reasons)

-They damaged the front end parking the Stingray in the back lot just before Xmas (fortunately the clear bra took the worst of it but it cost me $430 to have it replaced) -note that I showed the damage to the service adviser who refused to take responsibility, so I emailed pics and a detailed description and called the service manager to follow up - no response.

Today I dropped the car for my 8:00am appointment at 7:30am to have the drivers side seat cover replaced, an oil change, and a trunk lid seal replaced. All special ordered parts had arrived. All under warranty.

No courtesy driver available (I work just over a mile from the dealer) so a colleague picked me up)

By 5:00pm I had heard nothing, so I called, was told car wasn't ready but the service adviser who checked me in would call me back.

6pm no call, so walked to dealer. Arrived at 6:20pm, they had done NOTHING. Just excuses about being busy, could I bring it back tomorrow?

I know...why would I go back there in the first place? Because they had already authorized the warranty work and ordered the parts. My plan was to get these items completed then go elsewhere for the laundry list of small issues. Clearly that was a bad plan.

Can anyone suggest a trustworthy SoCal dealer and can anyone from Chevy assist?

After 14 years and 4 Corvette's, this has literately ruined Corvette ownership for me.

Final note: All prior dealer experiences were in central Florida and all very positive - all had dedicated vette advisers and techs...not so in SoCal.

Old 02-03-2015, 10:49 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

No offense but why keep bringing it there?
Old 02-03-2015, 10:54 PM
scott76807
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Irvine Chevy is on my list as well.....

stay away sale's and service are the worst

I would post your experience on yelp and post the names of the sub par service manager.

all the dealers employees bonus's are tied to the satisfaction of the customers
Old 02-03-2015, 10:57 PM
dcowles
Racer

Received 186 Likes on 67 Posts

Irvine Chevrolet used to be Foothill Ranch Chevrolet. Haven't heard anything good about them. I called them to see if they would do a courtesy delivery and they didn't want to work with me. Used DeLillo in Huntington Beach for my courtesy delivery and they were great.
Old 02-03-2015, 11:40 PM
Florida2000
Pro

Originally Posted by thegame
No offense but why keep bringing it there?
none taken...I am kicking myself...I have no good answer to a very reasonable question.
Old 02-03-2015, 11:41 PM
Florida2000
Pro

Originally Posted by scott76807
Irvine Chevy is on my list as well.....

stay away sale's and service are the worst

I would post your experience on yelp and post the names of the sub par service manager.

all the dealers employees bonus's are tied to the satisfaction of the customers
will do, thx
Old 02-03-2015, 11:54 PM
Algiers
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know this is ways out of your area but I used Rydell in Northridge and had good luck. I've only been there once though. I bought out of state and checked in the SoCal forum for suggestions. Rydell came out the best from my research but of course there were people that had problems with them too.
I will say that they gave me no problems about not having bought from them and seemed eager for my business. I know this should not be something out of the ordinary but I've read lots of posts about service departments being difficult if you didn't buy from them. They had quite a few C7s there getting serviced as well.
Old 02-04-2015, 12:30 AM
Cheech Wizard
Le Mans Master

Location: Orlando, Florida, MY Corvette is BEST Corvette because MID-ENGINE!
Received 61 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Florida2000
I bought my 3LT Z51 Stingray from Chevy Irvine 1 year ago.
I'm afraid to ask how much you paid. They're still asking full sticker for 2014s!

Their service department is the worst ever.
Sales or service, I've never heard anyone say anything good about Irvine Chevy.

Can anyone suggest a trustworthy SoCal dealer...
The 2 dealers in OC that I've heard the least number of complaints about are Connell in Costa Mesa and DeLillo in Huntington Beach.

I had Connell do some minor maintenance on my C5 a few years ago, and it went fine.
Old 02-04-2015, 12:38 AM
Florida2000
Pro

Originally Posted by Cheech Wizard
I'm afraid to ask how much you paid. They're still asking full sticker for 2014s!

Over MSRP is all I'm willing to say, but I don't regret that part.

Sales or service, I've never heard anyone say anything good about Irvine Chevy.

Sales was as expected. Only reason I bought here is because they had EXACTLY what I would have ordered on the showroom floor when they were really hard to get and everyone else was waiting +6 months for custom builds.

The 2 dealers in OC that I've heard the least number of complaints about are Connell in Costa Mesa and DeLillo in Huntington Beach.

I had Connell do some minor maintenance on my C5 a few years ago, and it went fine.

THX, I heard Connell was OK too.
Old 02-04-2015, 12:55 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,289 Likes on 13,964 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Hopefully you'll get the car fixed right and can then go shopping for a new dealership to work on your car.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:05 AM
Fatcatrc
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought from N. Cal and live in SoCal. DeLillo at Huntington Beach was gracious working on my 2015 even when I bought elsewhere.
Both times had courtesy rental from Enterprise. This is on red x on Gps fix and oil change service. No overfill on Z51 here!
Old 02-04-2015, 01:22 AM
Choreo
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 303 Likes on 220 Posts

Today I dropped the car for my 8:00am appointment at 7:30am to have the drivers side seat cover replaced, an oil change, and a trunk lid seal replaced. All special ordered parts had arrived. All under warranty.

Off topic, but what was wrong with the seat cover?
Old 02-04-2015, 06:42 AM
Frodo
Melting Slicks

Received 586 Likes on 266 Posts

One dealer in my area hosts a Corvette Club. They are very Corvette oriented. I met with the owner and service manager when I bought my C7 and they guaranteed no one would touch my car other than a certified Corvette mechanic. Look for a dealer that associates with a club, they'll understand how you feel and what you expect. Good luck!
Old 02-04-2015, 08:17 AM
pjitty
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts

I know sometimes Chevy Customer Service responds to these threads. Where are they now, or do they pick and chose which threads to reply to. Just Sayin...
Old 02-04-2015, 09:44 AM
alienranch
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 112 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by pjitty
I know sometimes Chevy Customer Service responds to these threads. Where are they now, or do they pick and chose which threads to reply to. Just Sayin...
This forum isn't an official Chevy complaint submission area. They have reps which monitor the forums, but obviously can't read every single post, and certainly not respond to ones posted at 9:30pm CST the night before. As of right now, not a single business hour has passed since the OP posted the story.
Old 02-04-2015, 10:28 AM
Florida2000
Pro

Originally Posted by alienranch
This forum isn't an official Chevy complaint submission area. They have reps which monitor the forums, but obviously can't read every single post, and certainly not respond to ones posted at 9:30pm CST the night before. As of right now, not a single business hour has passed since the OP posted the story.
good point - I should have posted in the AM...
Old 02-04-2015, 10:30 AM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by alienranch
sent you a PM

Get notified of new replies

To Worst dealer service in 14 years - help from GM/Chevy rep, please!

Old 02-04-2015, 10:41 AM
ETHYL
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Algiers
I know this is ways out of your area but I used Rydell in Northridge and had good luck. I've only been there once though. I bought out of state and checked in the SoCal forum for suggestions. Rydell came out the best from my research but of course there were people that had problems with them too.
I will say that they gave me no problems about not having bought from them and seemed eager for my business. I know this should not be something out of the ordinary but I've read lots of posts about service departments being difficult if you didn't buy from them. They had quite a few C7s there getting serviced as well.
I have used Rydell in Northridge for many years without any problems. When you make an appointment for service ask to have Donny Yorke do the service. He has the reputation of being the best Corvette technician in Southern Ca.
Old 02-04-2015, 10:48 AM
FLS2K
Pro

Received 193 Likes on 77 Posts

Sorry I can't help with Cali suggestions, but who did you use in central FL?
Old 02-04-2015, 10:58 AM
Bunk
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 69 Posts
Default Carlsbad - San Diego Corvette service

Originally Posted by Frodo
One dealer in my area hosts a Corvette Club. They are very Corvette oriented. I met with the owner and service manager when I bought my C7 and they guaranteed no one would touch my car other than a certified Corvette mechanic. Look for a dealer that associates with a club, they'll understand how you feel and what you expect. Good luck!
I'm moving my new Corvette to Carlsbad where my daughter lives. Can you recommend a reliable service shop near to me. I would appreciate your help. Bunk

Quick Reply: Worst dealer service in 14 years - help from GM/Chevy rep, please!