C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Florida is full of C7's!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 12:40 PM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,822 Likes on 2,066 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by dvilin
Nice place to live for late Fall/Winter. Ideal set-up is to have another Summer residence. All the jokes about heat, humidity, bugs, crowds in the Spring/Summer are not jokes they are facts.

Sounds like the same stuff the North has? Washington DC in August is a picnic?

I'd rather be warm all year long than cold for 9 months of the year.

Elmer
Old 02-18-2015, 12:43 PM
cheapthrills
Melting Slicks

Received 441 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by MDPD23
I'm ready to surrender and move to the sunny side!! If anybody on the forum know any good realtors in the Naples area, I would appreciate it. Thanks
Naples is sweet.
Old 02-18-2015, 12:47 PM
cheapthrills
Melting Slicks

Received 441 Likes on 292 Posts

Nice place to live for late Fall/Winter. Ideal set-up is to have another Summer residence. All the jokes about heat, humidity, bugs, crowds in the Spring/Summer are not jokes they are facts.
I love summer down here, all the snowbirds are gone
Old 02-18-2015, 12:48 PM
motomanvette
Melting Slicks

Received 89 Likes on 65 Posts

For every C7 I saw in New England last summer, I saw 50 C6s and 100 C5s. It's still exclusive up north.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:05 PM
Daekwan06
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Rad22
Spent 5 days in Key West week before last. Drove down from Miami airport and back. Must've seen over 20-25 new Stingrays on the trip. Every rental company in the airport had them for rent. Dime a dozen.

Exclusivity?

They don't even seem to turn heads down there.
The same could be said for Ferrari's & Lambos.. way too common from West Palm Beach down to Miami.

Buy the car because you want it. Not because you are trying to impress somebody else!

FWIW.. I cant wait to rent one from Miami airport!
Old 02-18-2015, 01:16 PM
THECORVETTEMANN
Burning Brakes

Received 433 Likes on 110 Posts
Unmodified C8 of the Year 2021 Finalist

Yes, there are lots of C7s down here, but, there are days when you don't see one on the streets. (reporting from South Miami)
Old 02-18-2015, 01:21 PM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Received 1,101 Likes on 853 Posts

Originally Posted by User24
Interesting. 93 octane availability a plus, or ethanol free.

But excessive insects, constant bug spray protection. 30s or 40s mornings, 50s or 60s after work. 90s to 100s summers with 90 humidity starting in the early morning.

Tropical thunderstorms with excessive wind, like walking out into a very large shower.

Land of ignorance, monster trucks, Harleys, ricers with broken exhausts, retirees and drug users.

Fairly stupid drivers who can legally talk on cell phones while operating a motor vehicle, fat wide white paint stripes at stoplights, lessening the grip on the already oil slick roads. Lack of freeway access.
You left out HURRICANES

and I left out SINKHOLES

Last edited by cor28vettes; 02-20-2015 at 10:57 PM. Reason: late addition
Old 02-18-2015, 06:01 PM
THECORVETTEMANN
Burning Brakes

Received 433 Likes on 110 Posts
Unmodified C8 of the Year 2021 Finalist

But excessive insects, constant bug spray protection. 30s or 40s mornings, 50s or 60s after work. 90s to 100s summers with 90 humidity starting in the early morning.

Tropical thunderstorms with excessive wind, like walking out into a very large shower.

Land of ignorance, monster trucks, Harleys, ricers with broken exhausts, retirees and drug users.

Fairly stupid drivers who can legally talk on cell phones while operating a motor vehicle, fat wide white paint stripes at stoplights, lessening the grip on the already oil slick roads. Lack of freeway access.
Hey......WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING?

Living down here is pure paradise. While the rest of the country is covered in snow and freezing temps, we're enjoying warm sunny weather. The summers are hot & humid, but so is Minnesota in July.

"Land of ignorance" - I don't think so.................

You can play tennis or golf EVERYDAY of the year. You can drive a convertible EVERYDAY of the year. No place else like it.

If you don't get it - then stay where you are.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:18 PM
vettekat2007
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 31 Posts

????????????????What are you using USER????????????????And what paradise do you live in????????????????????????????????????
Old 02-18-2015, 06:41 PM
C7_Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by THECORVETTEMANN
Yes, there are lots of C7s down here, but, there are days when you don't see one on the streets. (reporting from South Miami)
True! They're still spread out... from Palm Beach county to Broward county to Miami-Dade county. For most days I don't see any, but then sometimes I see at least 2 or 3... and we wave if I'm in mine.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:52 PM
Red C8 of Jax
Safety Car

Received 1,113 Likes on 753 Posts

Sounds like all that snow made USER24 a little grumpy.
Old 02-18-2015, 09:37 PM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,920 Likes on 1,192 Posts

Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl
You were in Florida and didn't call me? I see how it is. Freeze yer brain and forget yer friends!
I did think about you actually, but we were only down for 4 days and it's a long trek up to Jacksonville from the Miami area. I'll definitely have to come to your neck of the woods on my next trip down there! Every trip we make to Florida we try to see new cities that we haven't seen before, and we'd love to explore Jacksonville and buy you a beer!
Old 02-18-2015, 09:40 PM
Patman
Race Director

I spent a week in Orlando in August 2012 and it was definitely hot and humid, and I didn't care much for the afternoon thunderstorms from hell either! My long term plan is to spend winters in Florida (Naples is still at the top of our list but that could change) but spend the rest of the year here in Oakville, where the summers are just about perfect (75-80 every day and lots of sunshine and not too many rainy days)
Old 02-18-2015, 10:04 PM
EasyElliott
Pro

Received 268 Likes on 130 Posts

I live in Marco Island FL population in the off season is 14,000 and 35,000 plus in season. There are at least 15 full time residents with C7s and 75% are Z51s.

In season I have seen over 25 additional ones with out of state plates.

When I drove from Marco Island to Aspen CO in July and returned in September, the only C7s I saw on the trip was a trailer full of them in Georgia heading to Florida.
Old 02-19-2015, 12:26 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,309 Likes on 13,980 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Probably lots of snowbirds down there right now and they brought their C7 with them. Plus with normally great weather all year long, Florida is an ideal place for Corvette owners.
Old 02-19-2015, 12:30 AM
cmdrwill
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Patman
I just got back from 4 days in Florida and I was blown away by how many C7s I spotted! Here in the Toronto area I've only seen maybe 10 of them on the road since they came out, but in the first three hours in Florida I saw 11 of them! The first one was a nice black convertible with Ohio plates on it (they said BIGSPNDR), I talked to the owner, he was a super nice guy, said he traded an 08 for it and he loves it! That was at a rest stop along Alligator Alley, and just a few minutes after seeing that one, I spotted 5 C7s travelling together. I spent the first day in Cape Coral and Fort Myers, and once I got there I didn't see as many C7s as I did C6s, but for the rest of my visit there I was in Sunny Isles and Miami and that's where I was seeing C7s left right and center! I was surprised that most of the ones I saw there weren't Z51s but mostly base models.

I arrived and departed Florida via Fort Lauderdale airport, and also spent a little bit of time driving through there and ate dinner at the Outback there, and was secretly hoping to run into Glen e while I was there, but I realized the chances of spotting him were slim!

I just love all of Florida, my wife and I definitely plan on spending our winters here when we retire, most likely in Naples, but we'd be equally happy on the east coast

I have seen 3 C7 Z06 and at least 8-10 C7's in the Jacksonville area just in the past couple months. Reason: We have a lot of sunshine, which creates a lot of drive time.
Old 02-19-2015, 12:33 AM
cmdrwill
Racer

Originally Posted by Joy c7
Wonder what the average age is for those FL drivers .

Since I live here, I should not say. He He

Get notified of new replies

To Florida is full of C7's!

Old 02-19-2015, 12:36 AM
killascrimp
Racer

FL is Perfect for C7, I live on the beach. love going topless, would suck to live in Boston if you own any sports car...........Way too much snow
Old 02-19-2015, 12:40 AM
cmdrwill
Racer

Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl
You were in Florida and didn't call me? I see how it is. Freeze yer brain and forget yer friends!

We have 15 of the C7s in the Jacksonville Corvette Club!

Elmer
Hey I'm in Jax as well. I will be picking my NCM delivery up on March 16th. Can't wait to join the Great "Jacksonville Corvette Club"
I'm picking up a TR Z51 Coupe Black wheel and Black mirrors and spoiler. Hope to see you soon. Well, I probably saw you at the Car show at the Prime Osborne couple weeks ago.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:09 AM
Patman
Race Director

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
Probably lots of snowbirds down there right now and they brought their C7 with them. Plus with normally great weather all year long, Florida is an ideal place for Corvette owners.
Actually, of all the ones I spotted where I could see their licence plates, the majority of them were Florida plates. Other than the first one I saw with Ohio plates, and one that I saw with Quebec plates, I can't recall seeing plates from any other state or province.

Quick Reply: Florida is full of C7's!