Sponsored by:

Florida is full of C7's!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 12:22 AM
10mm_
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

High population density, beautiful weather, and lots of retired/old people.

Who wouldn't expect there to be lots of Corvettes? Especially new ones.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:28 AM
ETHYL
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by THECORVETTEMANN
Hey......WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING?

Living down here is pure paradise. While the rest of the country is covered in snow and freezing temps, we're enjoying warm sunny weather. The summers are hot & humid, but so is Minnesota in July.

"Land of ignorance" - I don't think so.................

You can play tennis or golf EVERYDAY of the year. You can drive a convertible EVERYDAY of the year. No place else like it.

If you don't get it - then stay where you are.
What do you mean "the rest of the country is covered in snow". Here in Southern California its sunny and warm w/o snow.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:35 AM
Mike Campbell
Le Mans Master

Received 1,067 Likes on 591 Posts

ETHYL: What do you mean "the rest of the country is covered in snow". Here in Southern California its sunny and warm w/o snow.
Opps, I thought from watching the Weather Channel that most of California washed away during that last monsoon you guys got!

Only kidding.... best weather in the world is SanDiego...
Old 03-03-2015, 04:47 PM
petepd
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Patman
I just got back from 4 days in Florida and I was blown away by how many C7s I spotted! Here in the Toronto area I've only seen maybe 10 of them on the road since they came out, but in the first three hours in Florida I saw 11 of them! The first one was a nice black convertible with Ohio plates on it (they said BIGSPNDR), I talked to the owner, he was a super nice guy, said he traded an 08 for it and he loves it! That was at a rest stop along Alligator Alley, and just a few minutes after seeing that one, I spotted 5 C7s travelling together. I spent the first day in Cape Coral and Fort Myers, and once I got there I didn't see as many C7s as I did C6s, but for the rest of my visit there I was in Sunny Isles and Miami and that's where I was seeing C7s left right and center! I was surprised that most of the ones I saw there weren't Z51s but mostly base models.

I arrived and departed Florida via Fort Lauderdale airport, and also spent a little bit of time driving through there and ate dinner at the Outback there, and was secretly hoping to run into Glen e while I was there, but I realized the chances of spotting him were slim!

I just love all of Florida, my wife and I definitely plan on spending our winters here when we retire, most likely in Naples, but we'd be equally happy on the east coast
When you come to Naples, see me! I sell Real Estate, and I'm currently waiting on my 2015 CR coupe with a TPW of 03/09. It will be my 8th Corvette! Nice to hear someone likes Naples almost as much as I do!
Old 03-03-2015, 04:49 PM
petepd
Racer

Originally Posted by 11B250
yeah they really don't. We have ton of exotic cars out here... Especially south florida.
We just had a big car show in Naples, and there were twice as many Ferraris' as there were Corvettes!
Old 03-03-2015, 04:55 PM
MDPD23
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by petepd
When you come to Naples, see me! I sell Real Estate, and I'm currently waiting on my 2015 CR coupe with a TPW of 03/09. It will be my 8th Corvette! Nice to hear someone likes Naples almost as much as I do!
Pete, I will be in Naples around March 20-23. Can you PM me your contact info. My wife and I are driving down in our C7 from PA and will be looking for places on the Florida west coast. Thanks,
Mike
Old 03-03-2015, 05:24 PM
petepd
Racer

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
My wife and I are REALLY considering moving down to Florida. We want to go to the Gulf side, maybe in the Tampa area.

I'm sure there's no Torch Red C7's there.......
Come down to Naples. I'll show you some houses from my C-7 CR Coupe.
peter.jones@sothebysrealty.com
Old 03-03-2015, 08:01 PM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,190 Posts

Originally Posted by ETHYL
What do you mean "the rest of the country is covered in snow". Here in Southern California its sunny and warm w/o snow.
Interesting you should say that, considering I've seen video on the news about some parts of Southern California that got snow this week. So it's not far off to say that Florida is pretty much the only state that hasn't seen snow this week.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:02 PM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,190 Posts

I will definitely come see you! It would be nice to have a real estate agent that knows Corvettes, you'll help me find the most Corvette friendly neighborhood
Old 03-04-2015, 08:24 AM
91ZR1
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by MDPD23
Pete, I will be in Naples around March 20-23. Can you PM me your contact info. My wife and I are driving down in our C7 from PA and will be looking for places on the Florida west coast. Thanks,
Mike
My wife and I plan to be looking around Stuart during the same time as you. Not sure if we'll be driving the Z06 or the SL.

Anyone in Stuart can recommend a good Realtor?
Old 03-04-2015, 11:26 AM
Mike Campbell
Le Mans Master

Patman: I will definitely come see you! It would be nice to have a real estate agent that knows Corvettes, you'll help me find the most Corvette friendly neighborhood
Just so you know we're ALL Corvette friendly neighborhoods down here. Plus one other thing. Bring some great Canadian beer with you too! For some reason, even though half of Canada comes down here every winter, it's a real problem to find good Canadian beer for sale. Plus, when you do find some Labatt's, Molsen or Moosehead it's in "bottles". Half of Florida have swimming pools..and a bottle by the pool...I think not!
Just my 2 cents!!
Old 03-04-2015, 11:51 AM
cheapthrills
Melting Slicks

Received 441 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by 91ZR1
My wife and I plan to be looking around Stuart during the same time as you. Not sure if we'll be driving the Z06 or the SL.

I worked in Stuart for 17 years. This guy been around forever
http://patrickstracuzzi.com/
any questions about the area feel free to ask.
My friends wife has a great small restaurant, Apinyas Asian gourmet. She's an outstanding cook!
Old 03-04-2015, 04:40 PM
91ZR1
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by cheapthrills
I worked in Stuart for 17 years. This guy been around forever
http://patrickstracuzzi.com/
any questions about the area feel free to ask.
My friends wife has a great small restaurant, Apinyas Asian gourmet. She's an outstanding cook!
We have lived in Ft Lauderdale and in Orlando years ago, but appreciate the recommendations. Love Asian food, will definitely try to go there.
Considering buying somewhere between Palm Beach and Vero Bch. Plan to spend a week looking around. Stuart seems about the right size.
Old 03-04-2015, 06:26 PM
cheapthrills
Melting Slicks

We have lived in Ft Lauderdale and in Orlando years ago, but appreciate the recommendations. Love Asian food, will definitely try to go there.
Considering buying somewhere between Palm Beach and Vero Bch. Plan to spend a week looking around. Stuart seems about the right size.
I worked there but never wanted to live in Stuart, just a bit to old for us (population) Jupiter has a younger population. Joke is Stuart was Vero was where the people in Stuart go to visit there parents.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:57 PM
Tajim
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure about a realtor, but it is a great place to live
Old 03-04-2015, 11:08 PM
11B250
Melting Slicks

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Look at hobe sound as well. decent area... or tequesta if u can afford the houses there lol
Old 03-04-2015, 11:19 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,752 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Come down to Naples. I'll show you some houses from my C-7 CR Coupe.
peter.jones@sothebysrealty.com

Send me more info, Pete!

Get notified of new replies

To Florida is full of C7's!

Old 03-05-2015, 02:12 AM
KevinSun
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by themonk
I'm glad the numbers here are very low, there's maybe 50 in all of Calgary and I would love it if it stayed that way.
Adding one in Edmonton ASAP. I don't remember seeing one here last year.

Looking forward to turning some heads.

Old 03-05-2015, 04:10 PM
Mike Campbell
Le Mans Master

Just to make you guys feel better with all the snow, ice , rain and endless cloudy days this video might help you realize that it's pretty nice down here..

Check this video out:

AWAKEN 4K from Cameron Michael on Vimeo.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:26 PM
cheapthrills
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Mike Campbell
Just to make you guys feel better with all the snow, ice , rain and endless cloudy days this video might help you realize that it's pretty nice down here..

Check this video out: AWAKEN 4K on Vimeo

AWAKEN 4K from Cameron Michael on Vimeo.
Mike's lying, it's nothing like that and all kitchens look like this with our giant bugs..

Quick Reply: Florida is full of C7's!