Sponsored by:

Credit Union Discount

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 12:25 PM
harpster58
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Credit Union Discount

Just wondering if anyone recently on a 2015 C7 Coup or Convertible has been able to get the full credit union discount shown on the MyGMC Discount web site?

https://www.mygmdiscount.com

When you do a basic build it shows Base MSRP$59,000.00 and You Pay $54,885.00 so a reduction of $4115.00. I expect to be picking up my c7 soon (no payments made yet) and really hoping to get this discount as no other discounts seem to be available for me including loyalty discount which kinda sucks since I have a c5 I bought new in 2002.

Just courious if anyone has been able to get this discount and did you have to haggle with the dealer about it? Thanks!

2015 Chevrolet Corvette
Style: Convertible, Rear Wheel Drive
Trim: Stingray Convertible 1LT
Base MSRP$59,000.00
MSRP as Configured$59,995.00
Credit Union Discount from GM Price$54,885.00
Consumer Cash-$0.00
You Pay $54,885.00

* Must be a member of a participating credit union. A copy of the loan document used to purchase the vehicle, current statement or membership card from a participating credit union will be required as proof of eligibility at the dealership. Not available with some other offers. See dealer for details. Discount is available to members no matter where they finance their purchase.
Old 02-22-2015, 12:32 PM
asantalucia
Instructor

Originally Posted by harpster58
Just wondering if anyone recently on a 2015 C7 Coup or Convertible has been able to get the full credit union discount shown on the MyGMC Discount web site?

https://www.mygmdiscount.com

When you do a basic build it shows Base MSRP$59,000.00 and You Pay $54,885.00 so a reduction of $4115.00. I expect to be picking up my c7 soon (no payments made yet) and really hoping to get this discount as no other discounts seem to be available for me including loyalty discount which kinda sucks since I have a c5 I bought new in 2002.

Just courious if anyone has been able to get this discount and did you have to haggle with the dealer about it? Thanks!

2015 Chevrolet Corvette
Style: Convertible, Rear Wheel Drive
Trim: Stingray Convertible 1LT
Base MSRP$59,000.00
MSRP as Configured$59,995.00
Credit Union Discount from GM Price$54,885.00
Consumer Cash-$0.00
You Pay $54,885.00

* Must be a member of a participating credit union. A copy of the loan document used to purchase the vehicle, current statement or membership card from a participating credit union will be required as proof of eligibility at the dealership. Not available with some other offers. See dealer for details. Discount is available to members no matter where they finance their purchase.
Hendrick Chevrolet in Cary, NC is honoring my Credit Union discount with no issues. Equates to about 8.4% off of MSRP or $200 over invoice.

They honor Credit Union, GM Supplier and GM Employee as well as the elusive GM Executive Discount for no family members. I am ordering my 2015 Z51 next weekend!
Old 02-22-2015, 12:33 PM
BlueDevilZ51
Melting Slicks

Received 389 Likes on 271 Posts

Tons of ppl are using this discount. Most of the larger forum dealers take it but most smaller dealers won't. I am using it on my order from MacMulkin.
Old 02-22-2015, 12:39 PM
Algiers
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought mine from Les Stanford with the discount and got it courtesy delivered. Lots of the big dealers are taking it and some are even having sales for employee prices on in stock cars sometimes. You should definitely not be paying anywhere near MSRP now so if you can't get a deal locally, I would highly suggest looking at the big forum dealers.
Old 02-22-2015, 12:40 PM
harpster58
Intermediate

Originally Posted by asantalucia
Hendrick Chevrolet in Cary, NC is honoring my Credit Union discount with no issues. Equates to about 8.4% off of MSRP or $200 over invoice.

They honor Credit Union, GM Supplier and GM Employee as well as the elusive GM Executive Discount for no family members. I am ordering my 2015 Z51 next weekend!
That's awesome! Thanks so much for sharing as I'm working with Rick Hendrick in Charlotte and this information will be very helpful. They have fantastic allocation, only took 4 weeks from order to build! Now I need to see if my credit union is covered and if not I'll go to another because this a too huge of a savings to pass up! As a side note, when I pick up the car I'll be driving to Cary area (Gardner) to Tinted Image for my Xpel install.
Old 02-22-2015, 12:45 PM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Received 850 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by harpster58
That's awesome! Thanks so much for sharing as I'm working with Rick Hendrick in Charlotte and this information will be very helpful. They have fantastic allocation, only took 4 weeks from order to build! Now I need to see if my credit union is covered and if not I'll go to another because this a too huge of a savings to pass up! As a side note, when I pick up the car I'll be driving to Cary area (Gardner) to Tinted Image for my Xpel install.
Just call the dealership and ask. You probably should have done this prior to ordering. My bet is they will, but they may be expecting a MSRP sale, not applying a discount at closing.

Hard to believe they would order a custom built C7 without a deposit, and that after you have personally ordered it, you would walk away from the deal if they don't honor a discount. That's really screwing the dealership.
Old 02-22-2015, 12:54 PM
harpster58
Intermediate

Originally Posted by nmvettec7
Just call the dealership and ask. You probably should have done this prior to ordering. My bet is they will, but they may be expecting a MSRP sale, not applying a discount at closing.

Hard to believe they would order a custom built C7 without a deposit, and that after you have personally ordered it, you would walk away from the deal if they don't honor a discount. That's really screwing the dealership.
I'm working with a power dealership, maybe #5 in the country and the one who bought the very first Stingray! They have Z06's ready to go, great allocation! We built a VERY salable car, they are not worried if I buy it or not, it will sell quick if I don't get it... but I have no intention of letting it go.

I believe I have a good connection with the person I'm working with and think we can work out the financing but it helps to know these things in advance. In fact we did discuss some of these incentives right off the bat but without the invoice in hand no financing could be done. I'm just trying to get my ducks in a row for when I do the deal which will also include my c5 trade.
Old 02-22-2015, 02:27 PM
Sir Nuke
Drifting

Received 425 Likes on 245 Posts

YEP I did....and got the whole thing....not an issue for me, even before I told them that I was going through my Credit union, my salesman told me about it, so basically you get SUPPLIER Pricing which is what a GM employee gets.
Old 02-22-2015, 02:33 PM
MWAZ
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Stingray
YEP I did....and got the whole thing....not an issue for me, even before I told them that I was going through my Credit union, my salesman told me about it, so basically you get SUPPLIER Pricing which is what a GM employee gets.
Almost correct. The GM employee discount is closer to 12.5%.
Old 02-22-2015, 02:40 PM
John Ulrich
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 270 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by nmvettec7

Old 02-22-2015, 02:49 PM
Sir Nuke
Drifting

Received 425 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by MWAZ
Almost correct. The GM employee discount is closer to 12.5%.
true.....didn't know the exact amount......but its certainly a BUTT LOAD of savings, that's for sure.
Old 02-22-2015, 09:17 PM
9ball1104
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by asantalucia

Yep, got the credit union discount at Hendrick's in Atlanta GA. All I did was mention I was a member of a credit union. No proof requested, not even the name, and got about $6k off MSRP.

Get notified of new replies

To Credit Union Discount

Quick Reply: Credit Union Discount