Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Man, I wish I could work through this!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 12:52 PM
optionray
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Man, I wish I could work through this!

It still sounds like my automatic transmission (2015 model with 2500 miles) is about to fall out when I floor it. Happens when the transmission is shifting from one gear to the next. - I am certain it is not the rev limiter

Dealer said there wasn't anything they could do without some kind of code being generated because they wouldn't drive the car or be ridden in the car under Wide open throttle.

Through testing many driving scenarios, it appears to do the same thing in all modes, including manual.

One member had suggested/thought that the issue might be I was starting off in 4 cyl and upon accelerating, the transmission went into performance mode along with the engine switching from 4 to 8 cyl at the same time, However that theory didn't prove out and the problem continues.

I also put the system in manual, floored the pedal, shifted at around 5500 rpm and the noise occurred from 1st to 2nd, 2nd to 3rd, and 3rd to 4th. I am certain something is seriously wrong based on the noise/hard vibration I am hearing and wonder if I have a serious transmission issue or possibly rear end issue that isn't generating a code.

As long as I'm not driving this way (aggressive), the only thing I experience is a slight noticeable shift from one gear to the next, but that doesn't bug me as much as knowing that I can't step on it when I need/want to and experience the thrill of my new car.

Wish I could work through this and find some kind of solution to this problem because I'm starting to get consumed by it. I would trade it in on another vette, but I wouldn't want someone else to have to experience this same disappointment.

Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks!
Old 02-28-2015, 01:00 PM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Received 240 Likes on 135 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Take it to another dealer that will try to replicate the noise.
Old 02-28-2015, 01:16 PM
Sordz
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts

Dont worry, ALL auto c7's do it. There have been many threads about it, here is one for example-

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-question.html
Old 02-28-2015, 01:18 PM
optionray
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Sordz
Dont worry, ALL auto c7's do it. There have been many threads about it, here is one for example-

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-question.html
Don't think it's the same thing, but thanks for the reply!
Old 02-28-2015, 01:24 PM
FlashofRed
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The one thing you said that stands out to me is...

"As long as I'm not driving this way (aggressive), the only thing I experience is a slight noticeable shift from one gear to the next..."

I have a 2015 Z51 A8. Although, I only have a little over 600 miles on the car but everyone who has rode with me has commented on the smoothness of the A8. One person couldn't get over how clean and smooth it was especially when I jump it from about 10 mph to 90 mph. He was very impressed. I guess my point is IMO you need to have this checked out. I'd do what articblast recommends and take to another dealer. In addition, I'd contact GM customer service and explain the dilemma your in with this dealer.
Old 02-28-2015, 02:41 PM
WelderGuy
Burning Brakes

Received 157 Likes on 98 Posts

Take the car to RK Chevy in Vineland, NJ. Their techs seem to have no problem with going WOT in customer cars.

See: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...up-my-car.html

Get notified of new replies

To Man, I wish I could work through this!

Quick Reply: Man, I wish I could work through this!