C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Order Status Codes- How Often Do the Change?

Old 02-28-2015, 01:06 PM
JohnRI
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Order Status Codes- How Often Do the Change?

I read through the forum before deciding to place an order with a local dealer. Thought I did my homework based upon threads I read but either the Chevrolet is not giving the dealer the allocation he deserves or something else is wrong. Dealer is in top 25 and sold more than 10 cars per month last year so logically he should be getting cars for an allocation. From the reports in the forum the only constraint might be Z51 package. Other than that nothing I am ordering (its a convertible) is on the constraint list but I'm still sitting at 1100 after 45 days per latest OrderWorkbench print out.

I prefer to buy locally and have purchased 2 other new vehicles from this dealer in the past 12 months and have Priority 1 yet I can't get past 1100. I have 2 questions:

1. Can an Order Status go from 1100 to say 3000 in one week meaning multiple status changes in the 1 week cycle?
2. Does Chevrolet have a big problem and no new orders are being accepted even if a dealer has allocation?

I'm seriously thinking about canceling my order this week and placing with a top 10 dealer but I don't want to go the the back of the queue if there is something nationally that is causing orders not to go past 1100.

Thanks for any input and advice.
Old 02-28-2015, 01:37 PM
Thunder22
Team Owner

Received 2,311 Likes on 1,456 Posts

1. yes - mine did
2. some weeks there are no allocations
Old 02-28-2015, 01:49 PM
DocGuy
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by JohnRI
I read through the forum before deciding to place an order with a local dealer. Thought I did my homework based upon threads I read but either the Chevrolet is not giving the dealer the allocation he deserves or something else is wrong. Dealer is in top 25 and sold more than 10 cars per month last year so logically he should be getting cars for an allocation. From the reports in the forum the only constraint might be Z51 package. Other than that nothing I am ordering (its a convertible) is on the constraint list but I'm still sitting at 1100 after 45 days per latest OrderWorkbench print out.

I prefer to buy locally and have purchased 2 other new vehicles from this dealer in the past 12 months and have Priority 1 yet I can't get past 1100. I have 2 questions:

1. Can an Order Status go from 1100 to say 3000 in one week meaning multiple status changes in the 1 week cycle?
2. Does Chevrolet have a big problem and no new orders are being accepted even if a dealer has allocation?

I'm seriously thinking about canceling my order this week and placing with a top 10 dealer but I don't want to go the the back of the queue if there is something nationally that is causing orders not to go past 1100.

Thanks for any input and advice.
Here is what I know to answer your questions.

1. Yes and no. Yes your order will go from 1100 to 300 in a week. But then it slows but is steady. I mean On a given Monday you will be at 1100. Tuesday after the consensus cycle that you were picked up in, you will go to 2000. This is the key. Once you hit 2000 you are on your way. Glen e had the best analogy, your package has been picked up by UPS and the rest is a matter of time... So Tuesday you hit 2000 and the next day you should go to 3000 on the Wednesday. Now it slows but seems to follow this timeline. 10 days later (on a Friday) it should go to 3100 and that following Monday (so 13 days after 2000, which we will now call A.T (After Two Thousand)) 13 days later (26 AT) shoulf be a Friday, the Friday before your TPW, you should go to 3400. You can search the thread for Production Codes...but 3400 says it has been turn into a odrder in the plant and it being qued to actually be produced. I am not sure how long from actually coming off the line until GM says it is produced, since if they find an issue they will keep it at the end of the line to get that fixed. After than there are a lot of factors that spped up and slow down delivery. But from 3000-3800 it is mostly clock work!

item 2 is easy to explain and harder at the same time. So you have an order in, and your dealer says he has an allocation. Priority 1 simply means he wants GM to look at your order first when, AND IF, they even come to look at him during consensus. So IF he has an allocation GM will "look" (this is done by the computer Saturday of consensus) at his requests. If your order has constraints, and your dealer has no been given one of your constraints, the computer will look at his number two. Even if his number 2 is Priority 13 (the lowest I have even seen), Yes this means he will get a dealer stock car before you get picked up. The computer will keep looking through all the dealerships until it has "accepted" all the cars GM plans to build in a given TPW. So your car may be "looked" at a few times, but never picked up if you have constraints that the dealer is not getting. The lower down the national list that your dealer is, the less likely that the will even be ANY constraint items left when Your dealer gets his first "look". GM will peoduce ALL the cars it PLANS in any given TPW. Just b/c your dealer says he has a/1/no more than jut one car, doesn't mean he can get any constraints, see constriants sticky.

My dealer had 3 allocations. he built 3 cars with a priority of 13 incase the 3 SRE (sold retail, which is what your order form should say) orders didn't get picked up by GM. He didn't want to lose his 3 allocations b/c WE wanted constraints. BTW, he onlys gets cars based on what he sells, only way to sell is to have cars...

BTW, yes I think it is time for you to drop your constraint items, or even better I would reccomend keeping the car as you want it, and call Robert at Kerbeck. They will have you at 2000 ASAP! They are great to work with and they can have it deliverd where ever you want... even the current dealer if you want... PM for more info

Hope this helps

Last edited by DocGuy; 02-28-2015 at 01:50 PM. Reason: SP
Old 03-01-2015, 06:46 PM
JohnRI
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by DocGuy
Here is what I know to answer your questions.

1. Yes and no. Yes your order will go from 1100 to 300 in a week. But then it slows but is steady. I mean On a given Monday you will be at 1100. Tuesday after the consensus cycle that you were picked up in, you will go to 2000. This is the key. Once you hit 2000 you are on your way. Glen e had the best analogy, your package has been picked up by UPS and the rest is a matter of time... So Tuesday you hit 2000 and the next day you should go to 3000 on the Wednesday. Now it slows but seems to follow this timeline. 10 days later (on a Friday) it should go to 3100 and that following Monday (so 13 days after 2000, which we will now call A.T (After Two Thousand)) 13 days later (26 AT) shoulf be a Friday, the Friday before your TPW, you should go to 3400. You can search the thread for Production Codes...but 3400 says it has been turn into a odrder in the plant and it being qued to actually be produced. I am not sure how long from actually coming off the line until GM says it is produced, since if they find an issue they will keep it at the end of the line to get that fixed. After than there are a lot of factors that spped up and slow down delivery. But from 3000-3800 it is mostly clock work!

item 2 is easy to explain and harder at the same time. So you have an order in, and your dealer says he has an allocation. Priority 1 simply means he wants GM to look at your order first when, AND IF, they even come to look at him during consensus. So IF he has an allocation GM will "look" (this is done by the computer Saturday of consensus) at his requests. If your order has constraints, and your dealer has no been given one of your constraints, the computer will look at his number two. Even if his number 2 is Priority 13 (the lowest I have even seen), Yes this means he will get a dealer stock car before you get picked up. The computer will keep looking through all the dealerships until it has "accepted" all the cars GM plans to build in a given TPW. So your car may be "looked" at a few times, but never picked up if you have constraints that the dealer is not getting. The lower down the national list that your dealer is, the less likely that the will even be ANY constraint items left when Your dealer gets his first "look". GM will peoduce ALL the cars it PLANS in any given TPW. Just b/c your dealer says he has a/1/no more than jut one car, doesn't mean he can get any constraints, see constriants sticky.

My dealer had 3 allocations. he built 3 cars with a priority of 13 incase the 3 SRE (sold retail, which is what your order form should say) orders didn't get picked up by GM. He didn't want to lose his 3 allocations b/c WE wanted constraints. BTW, he onlys gets cars based on what he sells, only way to sell is to have cars...

BTW, yes I think it is time for you to drop your constraint items, or even better I would reccomend keeping the car as you want it, and call Robert at Kerbeck. They will have you at 2000 ASAP! They are great to work with and they can have it deliverd where ever you want... even the current dealer if you want... PM for more info

Hope this helps
DocGuy and Thunder22 thank you for the replies and advice. I wish I had asked the question a month ago. Will PM you regarding your experience with Kerbeck.

Get notified of new replies

To Order Status Codes- How Often Do the Change?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Order Status Codes- How Often Do the Change?