Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OnStar renewal?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 10:00 PM
Bavaria
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 93 Posts

I"ll be driving cross-country in August (bucket list item every year - new route), knowing the OnStar and sat. radio will expire around the 20th. Timing should be perfect!
Old 03-02-2015, 11:16 PM
iclick
Melting Slicks

Received 618 Likes on 420 Posts

Originally Posted by mikefeeser
I want to thank everyone for input on this situation. Feel better now knowing I am not alone with my frustration on dealing with OnStar sales. After hearing from many on this thread and some others - I suspect I probably don't really need OnStar. I have a phone so don't really need that, already not happy with the Nav system and use my trusty ol TomTom GPS.
I let both OnStar and XM expire on my C6 after the free period, although I did renew XM for six months ($25) once when I was taking a trip, but paid with a paper bill. Even then you must call to cancel or have them renew you automatically at the top-gouge price. It became too much of a hassle so I just didn't renew again, and probably won't with the C7.

With OnStar I understand you still have the emergency service and the cell phone app works for five years whether you're paying them or not. That's all I'm interested in anyway.

XM will turn you on periodically, usually coinciding with a holiday, with limited functionality at no cost.

Last edited by iclick; 03-02-2015 at 11:18 PM.

Quick Reply: OnStar renewal?