Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there a trick to reprogram Memory 1?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 07:15 AM
Dave80C3
Melting Slicks

Received 277 Likes on 193 Posts

Default Is there a trick to reprogram Memory 1?

My issue is I want to change the programed position 1 for my Stingray.

I have tried several times to reprogram position 1, with the seat farther forward the front of the seat base higher and the rear lower and the back a little more up right, and the mirror a bit different.

No mater what I try, it goes to the original setting for position 1. Yes I have tried about 8 times with the Manual open and reading it.

Any good suggestions?
Old 03-02-2015, 07:43 AM
Sir Nuke
Drifting

Received 425 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave80C3
My issue is I want to change the programed position 1 for my Stingray.

I have tried several times to reprogram position 1, with the seat farther forward the front of the seat base higher and the rear lower and the back a little more up right, and the mirror a bit different.

No mater what I try, it goes to the original setting for position 1. Yes I have tried about 8 times with the Manual open and reading it.

Any good suggestions?
well I am surprised that you got them set to begin with....as there is a GLITCH in the process that isn't mentioned in the manual. When I first got my car I couldn't get my seats to remember the setting as all. HOWEVER someone has found a fix. and I found it on youtube.....followed her instructions and it worked like a champ.

Old 03-02-2015, 07:57 AM
mikez06
Burning Brakes

Received 171 Likes on 130 Posts

Good info.
Also make sure you have fob #1 I was told.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:08 AM
frankb
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts

THANK YOU, I just got mine yesterday and been trying to figure out What I was doing wrong. Thanks again, Frank

Sorry Dave80c3 that yours is not working, But I just did mine and it work just as she said.

Last edited by frankb; 03-02-2015 at 11:22 AM.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:16 AM
Dave80C3
Melting Slicks

Well I have tried exactly what the video said. I have spent another 1/2 hour trying to reprogram memory 1.

Memory 1 still goes to the original position I had set for it a year ago.

It does not go to the new position I am trying to set for Memory 1.

When I press start it goes to the original position I programed a year ago. If I then hold memory 1 it goes to the new programed position.

So it clearly knows the new position 1, it just refuses to go there, chooses to go to the original. Very Strange.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:18 AM
mjw930
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Then you are using FOB 2 and memory 2 has the setting you are using. Try your other FOB.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:40 AM
Dave80C3
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by mjw930
Then you are using FOB 2 and memory 2 has the setting you are using. Try your other FOB.
Thanks, your correct. Some how I had my wife's FOB 2 and she had mine FOB 1. She must have crossed the FOBs when she picked it up from the detailer.

FOB 2 was setting it to memory position 1, that I had originally programed a year ago.

FOB 1 has the new memory 1 position.

My wife must have had the same position originally set for 2 and I did for 1.

Thanks, got it now.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:09 AM
Sir Nuke
Drifting

I had something similar happen to me as well.....the bad part is that when I picked up my car I actually ask the question of how to tell the two fobs apart, as in the past the two had a small number of them.....now they don't and the dealer told me that hey were the same....WRONG!!
Old 03-03-2015, 07:56 AM
Dave80C3
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Joe Stingray
I had something similar happen to me as well.....the bad part is that when I picked up my car I actually ask the question of how to tell the two fobs apart, as in the past the two had a small number of them.....now they don't and the dealer told me that hey were the same....WRONG!!
Mine do have a number. It not on the actual FOB, but rather on the key that goes in the FOB. Its in the recess on the opposite end of the Key.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:03 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,619 Likes on 6,625 Posts

Mine do have a number. It not on the actual FOB, but rather on the key that goes in the FOB. Its in the recess on the opposite end of the Key.
The numbers in your removable key are NOT the FOB numbers! In fact if you change keys would the FOB charge? Lots of threads on the subject.
This has been an issue since I got my car in September of 2013. A poster broke the code late last year. He speculated that those are mold or die numbers! Then 50% would have a 1 and a 2; 25% two 1’s (like mine) and 25% would have two 2’s! The probability of having a 1 and 2 and having them match FOB 1 and 2 is 25%! You can check my probabilities! Therefore I agree with the others, try the other FOB!
The FOB's have a number but unlike the C6, you can't tell which is which accept by trial and error!
I know there have been posts on how to adjust settings and the manual says hit both set and the seat number at the same time. While driving I hit set and then with a second or two hit my seat number; I hear a "ding" and the new setting is saved.

Last edited by JerryU; 03-03-2015 at 08:11 AM.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:30 AM
Sir Nuke
Drifting

curious.....I'm looking at mine.....no such markings on mine at all
Old 03-03-2015, 08:30 AM
Dave80C3
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by JerryU
The numbers in your removable key are NOT the FOB numbers! In fact if you change keys would the FOB charge? Lots of threads on the subject.
This has been an issue since I got my car in September of 2013. A poster broke the code late last year. He speculated that those are mold or die numbers! Then 50% would have a 1 and a 2; 25% two 1’s (like mine) and 25% would have two 2’s! The probability of having a 1 and 2 and having them match FOB 1 and 2 is 25%! You can check my probabilities! Therefore I agree with the others, try the other FOB!
The FOB's have a number but unlike the C6, you can't tell which is which accept by trial and error!
I know there have been posts on how to adjust settings and the manual says hit both set and the seat number at the same time. While driving I hit set and then with a second or two hit my seat number; I hear a "ding" and the new setting is saved.
Gee, In my post I said the number is on the Key not the FOB. Which means you have no way of knowing from that number if it matches the FOB or not.

I happen to be lucky and have the Key number match the FOB. I have also Marked FOB 1, so I will always be able to tell which one it is in the future.

Correct, all you have to do is hit Set and with in a couple seconds hit the number you want to program and hold it until you hear the ding.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:36 AM
Sir Nuke
Drifting

well unless your manual is different than mine.....the manual says something different. It describes what you did driving down the road.....both work. this is cut and pasted right out of my manual.

Storing Memory Positions
To save positions to the “1” and “2” buttons:
1. Adjust the driver seat, outside mirrors, and the power tilt and telescoping steering column to the desired driving positions.
2. Press and release SET. A beep will sound.
3. Immediately press and hold “1” until two beeps sound.
4. Repeat Steps 1 and 2 for a second driver using “2.”
Old 03-03-2015, 08:57 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,619 Likes on 6,625 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Stingray
well unless your manual is different than mine.....the manual says something different. It describes what you did driving down the road.....both work. this is cut and pasted right out of my manual.

Storing Memory Positions
1. Adjust the driver seat, outside mirrors, and the power tilt and telescoping steering column to the desired driving positions.
2. Press and release SET. A beep will sound.
3. Immediately press and hold “1” until two beeps sound.
4. Repeat Steps 1 and 2 for a second driver using “2.”
This is what it says in my manual. This is also from the posted 2014 PDF.
Storing Memory Positions
2. Press and hold SET and “1” at the same time until a beep sounds.
3. Repeat Steps 1 and 2 for a second driver using “2.”

Says the same in the 2015 PDF.

Looks like there are several ways to skin a cat!! (Probably no longer politically correct! Sorry PETA)

Last edited by JerryU; 03-03-2015 at 08:59 AM.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:59 AM
Sir Nuke
Drifting

This is what it says in my manual. This is also from the posted 2014 PDF.
Storing Memory Positions
2. Press and hold SET and “1” at the same time until a beep sounds.
3. Repeat Steps 1 and 2 for a second driver using “2.”

Says the same in the 2015 PDF.

Looks like there are several ways to skin a cat!! (Probably no longer politically correct!)
OBVIOUSLY GM changed the manual between the '14 and the '15.....as may post was from my '15 manual. Page 3-4

2015-corvette-stingray-owners-manual.pdf

Last edited by Sir Nuke; 03-03-2015 at 09:03 AM.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:09 AM
Dave80C3
Melting Slicks

Both ways work on the 14, the way the 14 manual says and the way the 15 manual says.

Get notified of new replies

To Is there a trick to reprogram Memory 1?

Quick Reply: Is there a trick to reprogram Memory 1?