FLS2K
Pro

Received 193 Likes on 77 Posts

Default First Week Impressions

Timeline
Ordered 1/17
Delivered to dealer 2/13
Took delivery 2/23

After taking delivery I put on a hundred or so miles around town and then road tripped her 900+ miles round trip. All I can say is that GM hit a home run with this thing. It's truly an outstanding vehicle. A comfortable GT on the highway and a beast when called upon. I love the HUD, gauge customization and customizable driving modes. The infotainment system has been working flawlessly. The standard seats are extremely comfortable. Fit and finish is top notch. I could go on and on and the couple of "issues" I've found are hardly worth mentioning.

Today I had my 500 mile oil change (at 1100 as the dealer assured me the road trip would be no issue) and there was no sign of oil foaming. I'm now ready to go with a new supply of Mobil 1. Huge props to the entire team at Stingray Chevrolet in Plant City, FL. They are on top of all Vette issues and take care of you in the most professional manner possible.

PS I've truly been astounded by the amount of attention the car garners. I really didn't expect it. I've already lost track of the flashes, honks, thumbs up, comments etc. Not to mention the woman who begged to sit in it for a photo.

Last edited by FLS2K; 03-02-2015 at 09:37 PM.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:08 PM
sprk33
2018 Grand Sport
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats....I too just got mine and I too just got my 500 last week at Stingray Chevrolet....They had a awesome service department. Where are your picks...lets see your new beauty.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:16 PM
Keith N
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats on your new C7. Due to weather in So. Calif., I have only driven it home from the dealer and to the Xpel shop for an install today. I love this car and look forward to putting some time and mileage on it.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:28 PM
FLS2K
Pro

Originally Posted by sprk33
Congrats....I too just got mine and I too just got my 500 last week at Stingray Chevrolet....They had a awesome service department. Where are your picks...lets see your new beauty.
I need to make some proper images...then see if I remember my Photobucket password.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:36 PM
witch hunt
Burning Brakes

Received 223 Likes on 205 Posts
Default Why did it take 10 days to get your car

[QUOTE=FLS2K;1589091251]Timeline
Ordered 1/17
Delivered to dealer 2/13
Took delivery 2/23

from the dealer after it was delivered there? Is that typical? You're a very lucky guy---to be driving around in a nice new Vette---when I get mine, I likely won't be posting or doing anything else on the web for several days/weeks.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:42 PM
FLS2K
Pro

[QUOTE=witch hunt;1589092301]
Originally Posted by FLS2K
Timeline
Ordered 1/17
Delivered to dealer 2/13
Took delivery 2/23

from the dealer after it was delivered there? Is that typical? You're a very lucky guy---to be driving around in a nice new Vette---when I get mine, I likely won't be posting or doing anything else on the web for several days/weeks.
I was out of town when she arrived.
Old 03-03-2015, 12:20 AM
10mm_
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by FLS2K
Timeline
Ordered 1/17
Delivered to dealer 2/13
Took delivery 2/23

After taking delivery I put on a hundred or so miles around town and then road tripped her 900+ miles round trip. All I can say is that GM hit a home run with this thing. It's truly an outstanding vehicle. A comfortable GT on the highway and a beast when called upon. I love the HUD, gauge customization and customizable driving modes. The infotainment system has been working flawlessly. The standard seats are extremely comfortable. Fit and finish is top notch. I could go on and on and the couple of "issues" I've found are hardly worth mentioning.

Today I had my 500 mile oil change (at 1100 as the dealer assured me the road trip would be no issue) and there was no sign of oil foaming. I'm now ready to go with a new supply of Mobil 1. Huge props to the entire team at Stingray Chevrolet in Plant City, FL. They are on top of all Vette issues and take care of you in the most professional manner possible.

PS I've truly been astounded by the amount of attention the car garners. I really didn't expect it. I've already lost track of the flashes, honks, thumbs up, comments etc. Not to mention the woman who begged to sit in it for a photo.
Gonna need you to elaborate on that one
Old 03-03-2015, 06:51 AM
C7Joy
Race Director

Received 176 Likes on 157 Posts

Congrats on the new car, glad you are enjoying her. I always like to read these first impressions!

Get notified of new replies

To First Week Impressions

Quick Reply: First Week Impressions