Sponsored by:

How much luggage space in a C7 Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 09:32 PM
CoasterBill
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Default How much luggage space in a C7 Coupe

My wife and I are planning (hoping) to buy a 2015 C7 Coupe from MacMulkin in about 5 months. We will be flying up to Nashua, NH to pick it up and drive it back to Florida while visiting relatives and friends on the way home. My wife is concerned about luggage space. Does anybody have an exact width, lenght, and height of the storage space? Would 1 large (27-28 inch) suit case and 2 carry-ons fit?

Also, has anybody had any problems dealing with MacMulkin. I only read good stuff about them. Their prices are much lower then purchasing them from local dealers.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:35 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,752 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

The Premier Editions come with 7 piece luggage sets. There are 2 regular size luggage pieces, a backpack, a duffle and a messenger bag.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:43 PM
mendeldl
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by CoasterBill
My wife and I are planning (hoping) to buy a 2015 C7 Coupe from MacMulkin in about 5 months. We will be flying up to Nashua, NH to pick it up and drive it back to Florida while visiting relatives and friends on the way home. My wife is concerned about luggage space. Does anybody have an exact width, lenght, and height of the storage space? Would 1 large (27-28 inch) suit case and 2 carry-ons fit?

Also, has anybody had any problems dealing with MacMulkin. I only read good stuff about them. Their prices are much lower then purchasing them from local dealers.

Thanks in advance.
I just ordered my C7, and would simply say that yes, you can fit those in the coupe. We really looked at that too. I ended up ordering a convertible. Might be tight getting all those in one of those, but my guess is they still would. I'm not sure on the exact dimensions of the hatchback area in the coupe, but would guess they are readily available online. 15 cubic feet in the coupe comes to mind, but I'm not even sure why!
Old 03-03-2015, 12:21 AM
sprk33
2018 Grand Sport
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
The Premier Editions come with 7 piece luggage sets. There are 2 regular size luggage pieces, a backpack, a duffle and a messenger bag.
What is Premier Editions??? I have a brand new Z51..I didn't get luggage set lmao
Old 03-03-2015, 01:20 AM
Myfourth1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,235 Likes on 1,090 Posts

Default 15 cu ft is correct...

Originally Posted by mendeldl
I just ordered my C7, and would simply say that yes, you can fit those in the coupe. We really looked at that too. I ended up ordering a convertible. Might be tight getting all those in one of those, but my guess is they still would. I'm not sure on the exact dimensions of the hatchback area in the coupe, but would guess they are readily available online. 15 cubic feet in the coupe comes to mind, but I'm not even sure why!
C7 has 15 cu ft as opposed to the C6 which has 22 cu ft. You can fit a large suitcase and at least 1 carry on, possibly two.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:38 AM
Indy-hp
Le Mans Master

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Mythird1
C7 has 15 cu ft as opposed to the C6 which has 22 cu ft. You can fit a large suitcase and at least 1 carry on, possibly two.
I was going to say my C7 would not hold as much as my C5 or my C6 when you posted. 7 cubic feet is a lot of room. I noticed right away that my rolling briefcase would not fit standing up like my other vettes. The available space is several inches less tall.

That said, I would guesstimate there is room for one standard suitcase, a rolling bag and a small duffle or two.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:50 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,605 Likes on 6,618 Posts

Thanks in advance.
Lots of room, yours will probably fit but hard suit cases are more difficult to fit compared to soft ones where a corner can fit under the glass. Get two rolling duffels; they are also great for a cruise where they go flat and you can slip under the bed! Typically can find for under $50. Inexpensive compared to the car and the cost of the trip! Pic is a C7 prototype at Laguna Seca in summer of 2013. This fellow was moving to the next venue.

Moving Lots of Stuff!

Rolling Duffel Holds More and Corners Fit Under Glass

Last edited by JerryU; 03-03-2015 at 07:54 AM.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:55 AM
pittperson
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

First, the C7 has, what I would consider, a TON of luggage space for 2. Here's a picture of a weeks worth of luggage for each of us along with a camera bag, 2 laptop bags and some beach goodies.

Second, I bought from MacMulkin remotely and the whole process was easier than buying local.

Last edited by pittperson; 03-03-2015 at 08:00 AM.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:52 PM
mdiiulio
Burning Brakes

Received 185 Likes on 110 Posts

I'm an Ice hockey goalie, I fit all of my gear plus two sticks with room for a passenger still. It does have less space than my C5, but there is plenty of room.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:09 PM
USA1-
Racer

Received 161 Likes on 57 Posts

Thanks in advance.
MacMulkin is a first class dealer. They are the 2nd biggest New Corvette in the Country. The people you deal with work with Corvettes only. They know their stuff. Should have no worries! If fact if you email one of the guys they'll send you the measurements.
Old 03-03-2015, 03:07 PM
Rad22
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

There is plenty of space in the rear if you don't plan to take your top out and store there. If you do take the top out and place it in its designated location, there is very limited space...seriously compromised.
Old 03-03-2015, 03:44 PM
HDBADDOG55
Burning Brakes

Received 180 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by pittperson
First, the C7 has, what I would consider, a TON of luggage space for 2. Here's a picture of a weeks worth of luggage for each of us along with a camera bag, 2 laptop bags and some beach goodies.

Second, I bought from MacMulkin remotely and the whole process was easier than buying local.

Perfect example of the old saying: "A picture is worth a thousand words".
Old 03-03-2015, 03:51 PM
Fat Frenchie
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I once managed to fit five cases of wine, two carry on bags and a half full garment bag in the back of mine once. Wife had to sit with her purse under her legs.
Old 03-03-2015, 03:53 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,752 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Originally Posted by mdiiulio
I'm an Ice hockey goalie, I fit all of my gear plus two sticks with room for a passenger still. It does have less space than my C5, but there is plenty of room.

I'm a goaltender too-I'll have to give it a try.
Old 03-03-2015, 03:56 PM
Bill B 1
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

I can fit two sets of golf clubs and two large duffle bags along with lots of assorted items stuffed into the spaces between bigger items. Wife and I have spent two weeks touring around playing golf as we went.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:19 PM
HAD2HAV2
Melting Slicks

Received 292 Likes on 235 Posts

I haven't packed my C7 for a vacation yet. But having to buy a ton of groceries every now and then I find the hard plastic shell that gives the back window it's support to be the main problem. You'll have to learn how to pack smarter.

Last edited by HAD2HAV2; 03-03-2015 at 04:20 PM. Reason: spell
Old 03-04-2015, 11:25 AM
petepd
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 38 Posts

Thanks in advance.
GM says the C-7 Coupe has 15 cubic feet of storage space. By comparison, my Cadillac CTS-V coupe has 10.5. Yet ANOTHER good reason to buy the Vette!

Get notified of new replies

To How much luggage space in a C7 Coupe

Old 03-04-2015, 11:37 AM
Mike Campbell
Le Mans Master

Received 1,067 Likes on 591 Posts

PITTPERSON's picture is more like it. We've driven up to PA from SW Florida and back a couple of times with at least that much stuff plus a case of water, 2 cases of beer, several bottles of adult beverages, a bucket with cleaning supplies in it and 2 grocery bags with snacks. That's not counting several towels, a California Duster & Squeegie, pair of sneakers & 3 extra C7 hats. Thankful we didn't get a vert or we'd be taking a bus.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:28 PM
aj98
Melting Slicks

Received 168 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by HAD2HAV2
I haven't packed my C7 for a vacation yet. But having to buy a ton of groceries every now and then I find the hard plastic shell that gives the back window it's support to be the main problem. You'll have to learn how to pack smarter.

Learning how to pack the car is the hardest part. Especially looking at something in the store and trying to figure out if you can fit it in the back. Once you figure that out, you might be pleasantly surprised at how much you can fit in the back...
Old 03-04-2015, 08:32 PM
mksz51
Safety Car

Received 156 Likes on 95 Posts

if you're driving and traveling the answer is soft luggage - not rigid luggage. Soft bags conform to the available space - hard/rigid bags fight it. My wife is finally figuring that out.

Quick Reply: How much luggage space in a C7 Coupe