Sponsored by:

VMR Interest Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 09:42 PM
Greenkirby21
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default VMR Interest Thread

Hi! Starting an interest thread for the new VMR V803. They only seem to have 18 (for future)/19 inch options. They told me making an 18 inch option was on their radar.

"The V803 is a lightweight, Five V-Spoke design, marking the second addition to our Flow-Form series. Due to it's state of the art Flow-Forming construction, the V803 delivers strength & weight characteristics comparable to a forged wheel.

Each set of V803 is machined in-house specifically to your vehicle, allowing proper bolt-on fitment - no centering rings, no spacers, no mess."

These *should* weigh less than OEM 18/19 inch wheels (non z51).

With the lack of 18/19 inch options at affordable prices, it doesn't hurt to ask, hence why I started this thread!

These would be priced at around ~$1,400 (based on what I have seen them go online for - don't quote me on that).

http://www.velocitymotoring.com/new-...low-form-v803/

Old 03-02-2015, 10:17 PM
EcoBrick Bob
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 76 Likes on 63 Posts

Would they be 19" front, 20" Rear? Would want 9" or 9 1/2" fronts and 11" rears that would have around 78 offset with that size in rear. 73 offset seems to stick out too far, even with stock tires.

Also might consider 19" x 11" rears, which would give some different options for rear non-stock tires.

My guess is that most people would like to re-use their original tires, saving around $1200-$1,600. as well as the issue of storing or selling their stock tires and wheels. Wheels without tires are much easier and cheaper to sell and ship.

Quick Reply: VMR Interest Thread