Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-06-2015, 03:19 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: General How-Tos
Print Wikipost

New K&N 63-3081 AirCharger Intake Kit for 2014 2015 C7 Corvette Stingray @ PFYC.com

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 08:50 AM
Redshift
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default New K&N 63-3081 AirCharger Intake Kit for 2014 2015 C7 Corvette Stingray @ PFYC.com

New K&N Intake for C7 Corvette Stingray @ PFYC - PartsForYourCar!

While the 6.2L LT1 engine found in your C7 Chevy Corvette Stingray is certainly no slouch in stock trim, many owners are searching for a cold air intake to increase power. If you’re that owner, look no further than the K&N performance air intake system for C7 Chevy Corvette 6.2L models. The K&N air intake 63-3081 is expert-engineered and guaranteed to increase horsepower and torque. It replaces the restrictive factory air filter box system and accordion hose with a free-flowing, high-density polyethylene air intake tube to help minimize restriction, straighten, and increase airflow to the engine. More air, and less restriction, means more usable power throughout the engine’s RPM range.

----------------

K&N 63-3081 AirCharger Intake Kit for 2014 2015 C7 Corvette Stingray at PFYC - PartsForYourCar

----------------
Full Description of K&N 63-3081 AirCharger Intake Kit for 2014 2015 C7 Corvette Stingray:

While the 6.2L LT1 engine found in your C7 Chevy Corvette Stingray is certainly no slouch in stock trim, many owners are searching for a cold air intake to increase power. If you’re that owner, look no further than the K&N performance air intake system for C7 Chevy Corvette 6.2L models. The K&N air intake 63-3081 is expert-engineered and guaranteed to increase horsepower and torque. It replaces the restrictive factory air filter box system and accordion hose with a free-flowing, high-density polyethylene air intake tube to help minimize restriction, straighten, and increase airflow to the engine. More air, and less restriction, means more usable power throughout the engine’s RPM range.

A custom made carbon fiber top and bottom K&N air filter RP-5285 is fitted to the inlet of the K&N Air Intake System to provide excellent airflow rates as well as outstanding filtration efficiency. The filter is washable and reusable and can go up to 100,000 miles between cleanings, depending on driving conditions. Additionally, the system incorporates a heat shield which helps to direct relatively cold air entering through the factory inlet into the K&N carbon fiber top and bottom performance air filter.

This intake produces notable horsepower and torque increases worthy of the all-new 6.2L LT1 V8 engine. On the dyno, when installed on a 2014 Chevrolet Corvette 6.2L, the K&N 63-3081 Performance Air Intake System produced an estimated 12.51 more horsepower at 4,998 rpm and 16.63 pound-feet of torque at 4,004 rpm. That’s a noticeable increase in power that can be taken advantage of when passing, merging onto a highway, or navigating the infamous corkscrew at Laguna Seca during a track day.

The K&N performance air intake system for 2014-2015 Chevy Corvette 6.2L models is an easy to install performance upgrade that can be installed in about 90 minutes or less using basic hand tools, and by following K&N’s simple step-by-step instructions. It maintains all necessary factory connections and does not require any additional modifications be made to the vehicle. K&N backs its 2014-2015 Chevy Corvette 6.2L air intake system with the famous K&N Million Mile Limited Warranty so owners can rest assured that their intake system can stand up to tough conditions.

Product Specifications:
  • Estimated Horsepower Gain: 12.51 HP @ 4998 RPM
  • Air Filter Color: Red
  • Air Filter Height: 7 in (178 mm)
  • Air Filter Material: Cotton Gauze
  • Air Filter Outlet Shape: Oval
  • California Restricted: Not legal for sale or use in California
  • Clamp Material: Stainless Steel
  • Replacement Filter: RP-5285
  • Street Legal In All US States: No
  • Weight: 11.9 lb (5.4 kg)

To see a full line-up of our new 2014-2015 Corvette C7 Stingray items, please click here.
To see a full line-up of our 2014-2015 Corvette C7 sales and specials, please click here.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:29 AM
Nicksvette
Instructor

looks great and the performance gain isn't bad for just a different intake. yet, i wonder if there would be a way to get the L part of the intake in CF
Old 03-06-2015, 09:33 AM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

Not my cup of tea but obviously well designed.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:34 AM
Redshift

Originally Posted by Nicksvette
looks great and the performance gain isn't bad for just a different intake. yet, i wonder if there would be a way to get the L part of the intake in CF
Probably not unless you do it custom. I'm guessing that would cost quite a bit more than $399 if it was included, but I agree, it would be very cool to have all the black parts done in CF.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:42 AM
C6 MoneyPit
Melting Slicks

Received 123 Likes on 81 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'10, '15. '22-'23

Of course not legal in the peoples republic of Kalifornia. Governor Brown says this is not good for me. Can't imagine why but I am sure the State knows best as they always do LOL
Old 03-06-2015, 09:46 AM
Redshift

Originally Posted by C6 MoneyPit
Of course not legal in the peoples republic of Kalifornia. Governor Brown says this is not good for me. Can't imagine why but I am sure the State knows best as they always do LOL
Old 03-06-2015, 09:47 AM
Kracka
Le Mans Master

Received 5,710 Likes on 2,918 Posts

This looks like a nice product for the guys wanting the most budget-friendly intake on the market, while still being assured of quality. My dad's been running a very similar K&N intake kit on his 2004 GTO for 150k miles and it's held up fine with periodic cleanings.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:51 AM
Redshift

We do have a slightly more expensive, but I would say equivalent quality intake from aFe - dry or oiled versions are available and the top is completely closed to keep even the slightest hint of hot engine bay air away from the filter, but yes, so far the K&N is the most budget friendly we've got. I'm sure many more are coming.

Here's the aFe (different page for the oiled version):

aFe 51-74201 Momentum Pro DRY S Cold Air Intake C7 Corvette Stingray at PFYC - PartsForYourCar

Old 03-06-2015, 09:55 AM
Nicksvette
Instructor

Originally Posted by Redshift
We do have a slightly more expensive, but I would say equivalent quality intake from aFe - dry or oiled versions are available and the top is completely closed to keep even the slightest hint of hot engine bay air away from the filter, but yes, so far the K&N is the most budget friendly we've got. I'm sure many more are coming.

aFe 51-74201 Momentum Pro DRY S Cold Air Intake C7 Corvette Stingray at PFYC - PartsForYourCar

looks great aswell! i wonder the price on both but will probably end up wrapping them my self or something along those lines. do you happen to have the HP numbers for the aFe?
Old 03-06-2015, 09:58 AM
Redshift

Whoops, thought I had posted that.

Old 03-06-2015, 09:59 AM
Kracka
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Nicksvette
looks great aswell! i wonder the price on both but will probably end up wrapping them my self or something along those lines. do you happen to have the HP numbers for the aFe?
AFE's is approximately $100 more than K&N's.

Old 03-06-2015, 10:15 AM
ILuvUMan
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Performance Exhaust, $1,200 = 5 More Horses

Air Charger Intake, $399 (H&K)-$487ish (Momentum Pro) = 10+ Horses

No brainer.

I've used these on all my cars, trucks and Motorcycles for decades. Didn't like eating everyone's dust in my motorcycle racing days. Had to learn the hard way.

Sure a heck of lot cheaper cleaning one's filters too. H&K have a million mile warranty as I recall.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:18 AM
ILuvUMan
Racer

From those Dyno graphs, it sure looks like we should be shifting at 6,250ish RPM.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:27 AM
DAFFYDRUNK
Melting Slicks

Received 289 Likes on 238 Posts

This thing seriously adds 15 or more RWHP for $500? If that's true then that has to be one of the best bang for the buck mods out there.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:30 AM
ILuvUMan
Racer

Originally Posted by DAFFYDRUNK
This thing seriously adds 15 or more RWHP for $500? If that's true then that has to be one of the best bang for the buck mods out there.
Almost every person I know that races in the SCCA, installs one. Quickly too.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:30 AM
Redshift

That's their claim, not ours. Note though, that this is less than 4%, so while the absolute number may seem big, it's not a huge % gain.

I think they really start to shine when you open up the other parts of the engine's breathing like exhaust (headers especially) and then tune to take advantage of all those things. The engine is just a pump and the more air you can get in, and out, the more power it will make.
The following users liked this post:
DickieDoo (03-12-2018)
Old 03-06-2015, 10:56 AM
DAFFYDRUNK
Melting Slicks

Received 289 Likes on 238 Posts

That's their claim, not ours. Note though, that this is less than 4%, so while the absolute number may seem big, it's not a huge % gain.

I think they really start to shine when you open up the other parts of the engine's breathing like exhaust (headers especially) and then tune to take advantage of all those things. The engine is just a pump and the more air you can get in, and out, the more power it will make.
I was thinking something like this with ported and coated stock exhaust manifolds might be a way to mod without warranty worries. 20+ RWHP for around $1k while keeping a stock tune?

Get notified of new replies

To New K&N 63-3081 AirCharger Intake Kit for 2014 2015 C7 Corvette Stingray @ PFYC.com

Old 03-06-2015, 10:59 AM
Kracka
Le Mans Master

I was thinking something like this with ported and coated stock exhaust manifolds might be a way to mod without warranty worries. 20+ RWHP for around $1k while keeping a stock tune?

I saw +11whp gains w/o tuning by adding ported/coated exhaust manifolds.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...manifolds.html
Old 03-06-2015, 10:59 AM
Redshift

I understand your line of thinking, but I think just getting headers is a better way to go. You'll gain more power and have something that will be worth something should you sell the car down the road and also something that is worth the hours (or dolllars) you spend installing it. I've been down this road before on my personal cars and going with headers is always better if they are proven to show decent gains.

There isn't really much worry with the warranty thanks to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. It's not legal for GM to void or refuse warranty work on your car just because you have installed aftermarket components. To do so, they would have to prove that the item you added (in this case, headers) caused the problem you're asking them to cover under warranty. Highly unlikely that this could be done.
Old 03-06-2015, 03:03 PM
Kracka
Le Mans Master

I understand your line of thinking, but I think just getting headers is a better way to go. You'll gain more power and have something that will be worth something should you sell the car down the road and also something that is worth the hours (or dolllars) you spend installing it. I've been down this road before on my personal cars and going with headers is always better if they are proven to show decent gains.

There isn't really much worry with the warranty thanks to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. It's not legal for GM to void or refuse warranty work on your car just because you have installed aftermarket components. To do so, they would have to prove that the item you added (in this case, headers) caused the problem you're asking them to cover under warranty. Highly unlikely that this could be done.
I paid 2 hours of labor for the installation of ported/coated manifolds at a forum sponsor shop, that was actual time, not a deal or negotiated rate.

I disagree with your thoughts on the warranty. The majority of full headers require tuning to disable a check engine light, and a tune can be an automatic powertrain warranty killer if an issue were to arise. Add in states that have emissions inspections and you have another issue on your hands. I'm not saying either mod path is the better option, but the ported route is a viable alternative for guys looking to stay stock tune/warranty/emissions compliant.

Quick Reply: New K&N 63-3081 AirCharger Intake Kit for 2014 2015 C7 Corvette Stingray @ PFYC.com