Sponsored by:

Expel on Lashway splitter?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 04:18 PM
doug doo wop
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Expel on Lashway splitter?

Does anyone have any clear bra on their Lashway splitter? After damaging my splitter on my driveway, I had it repaired and painted and took it to a shop down the street, to have expel applied. He thought it had complicated lines and basically NO surface underneath to attach the material. He said if you scrape your driveway, it will probably pull off the expel and your paint. They would charge me about $300 to do the job. So even if I was carefull coming out of my driveway and avoiding scraping, which I can do if I'm really careful, I could scrape someone elses driveway or some parking lot and cause damage. I'm kind of sorry I bought this splitter, though it's the one I liked best. If I damage it again, I will just throw it away and forget about a splitter altogether. Any comments?
Old 03-23-2015, 04:24 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 933 Likes on 488 Posts
Tech Contributor

it's not the lashwway splitter - it's any splitter....anytime you drag a surface on the street the xpel is gonna be ripped too....
Old 03-23-2015, 04:25 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,752 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Doug,

You've just got to go at angles for driveways and entrances! I've got the Lashway front splitter and LOVE it! I have not put Xpel on mine, but have considered doing it.

I may be wrong, but I think Glen put Xpel on his. It may have been on his side skirts.....
Old 03-23-2015, 04:28 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 933 Likes on 488 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Doug,

You've just got to go at angles for driveways and entrances! I've got the Lashway front splitter and LOVE it! I have not put Xpel on mine, but have considered doing it.

I may be wrong, but I think Glen put Xpel on his. It may have been on his side skirts.....
both my sides and front lashway splitter run xpel 3/8 inch door edge xpel on the leading edge, and yes, when I recently hit a object it ripped the xpel and I replaced it this weekend...the total how to is on my buld thread at "the other site"....LOL
Old 03-23-2015, 06:02 PM
doug doo wop
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Doug,

You've just got to go at angles for driveways and entrances! I've got the Lashway front splitter and LOE it! I have not put Xpel on mine, but have considered doing it.

Yes I know about angles, but on my '02, which was lowered and had a spoiler, angles really didn't matter because almost always scraped a little, but the spoiler was large flat surface underneath and it scraped some paint off but no big deal. The C7, though lowered, did not scrape until I put the splitter on but I felt too confident that the thin splitter wasn't going to scrape, but it did and not all the time. But when it did scrape, it pealed the paint off and took fiberglass with it, and on both sides, depending on which way I'm going down my street. SO, I think I will just put it back on without expel, and if it gets crappy looking, I'll touch it up and eventually just toss it and forget about another splitter. My wife hates it anyway because they always cause trouble;I hate to admit she is right!lol
Old 03-23-2015, 07:40 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,752 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Doug,

Here is a picture of my Lashway front splitter. My C7 is lowered on stock bolts. I've not had a problem, to date.

Get notified of new replies

To Expel on Lashway splitter?

Quick Reply: Expel on Lashway splitter?