Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roll Call--TPW 4/6/15

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 07:24 AM
LisaVette98
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Ugh...what a frustrating process. Both Backinblak and drs were built after my parent's car and both have their delivery date scheduled. We've not heard anything...sigh...I know from experience that the wait is hard but to keep waiting day after day is tough! Oh well, maybe we'll hear something today. Would like to get this trip planned!
Old 04-16-2015, 01:00 PM
dinows33
Pro

Received 235 Likes on 116 Posts

Mine has been sitting at the Bowling Green plant for 11 days. I would really like to know what the issue is with shipping ???
Old 04-16-2015, 01:40 PM
AlaskaPaul
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by dinows33
Mine has been sitting at the Bowling Green plant for 11 days. I would really like to know what the issue is with shipping ???
Hang in there...........mine was made the 6th, 10 days ago, and had been sitting in BG until I just received a call from dealer that they were loading it on a carrier today and it is heading this way by truck. Should be here in a few days.

All of us who have ordered a C7 have or are now going through the anxiety of waiting. This too shall pass. The weather is starting to warm up, the grass is growing taller, the trees are blooming, and you, my friend, are getting a brand new, beautiful C7 Corvette very, very soon!

Life is not only good, life is great!
Old 04-16-2015, 02:17 PM
///ADMAN
Melting Slicks

Received 471 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by LisaVette98
Ugh...what a frustrating process.
First things first: Who's car is that, Lisa???

Secondly, I feel really bad for you guys. Mine was built on Monday. It was loaded on the truck Wednesday and delivered to Criswell on Friday. Maybe it's just the volume they do there.

Don't curse me just yet. My car is still sitting there on the Criswell lot now. I just got the FedEx yesterday. So, I am having to wait as well. Hopefully it will be on the truck headed my way in a few days.

Yes, it is frustrating. But, I guess it's just the price you pay for getting EXACTLY what you want. Maybe not WHEN you want it. But, still...

LIFE IS GOOD
Old 04-16-2015, 02:51 PM
drs
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 278 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by LisaVette98
Ugh...what a frustrating process. Both Backinblak and drs were built after my parent's car and both have their delivery date scheduled. We've not heard anything...sigh...I know from experience that the wait is hard but to keep waiting day after day is tough! Oh well, maybe we'll hear something today. Would like to get this trip planned!
I can imagine how frustrating that would be. I'm sending good vibes your direction. Maybe today is the day you'll hear something.
Old 04-17-2015, 06:00 AM
LisaVette98
Racer

[QUOTE=///ADMAN;1589431076]First things first: Who's car is that, Lisa???

Guy I met at a car show last fall. He had pretty much EXACTLY the car wanted and let me sit in it to try out the seats. Mine is a Pacific Ed so it will have stripes and the red line rims. I've been waiting so long for this car! I decided when it was announced that I was getting one then let my dad talk me into the Pacific Edition otherwise I would have ordered earlier. Seems like things are moving so maybe soon.............
Old 04-17-2015, 07:32 PM
TSRACEFAN
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shipped!

Happy to say our car is on the train to Southern California. Must have happened today. Dave at Kerbeck confirmed. It only sat in Toledo for 7 days.
not sure how long this train ride will take, Dave says by end of next week....will see
Old 04-17-2015, 07:39 PM
TSRACEFAN
Intermediate

Originally Posted by backtwistr
You must be in so cal as I am waiting a car to mira loma as well. ..post when you leave toledo! I have been there since 3/23 so hopefully we are on the same train!
Hey! Just recieved the news.....was told our car is on the train today to Mira Loma, So Cal.....would think yours would be also. Our car was shipped to Toledo 4/10. On there for 7 days. Hope yours is on that train also. Keep me posted.
Old 04-18-2015, 11:23 AM
dinows33
Pro

Received 235 Likes on 116 Posts

Dont know if a big dealership makes any difference, Bought from MucMulkin which is #2 biggest in the country and car has been collecting dust in Bowling Green KY for 2 weeks now
Old 04-18-2015, 01:06 PM
///ADMAN
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by dinows33
Dont know if a big dealership makes any difference, Bought from MucMulkin which is #2 biggest in the country and car has been collecting dust in Bowling Green KY for 2 weeks now
I still don't get this. As I stated, mine was ordered from Mike Furman. It was built that Monday, loading on the truck Wednesday and delivered to Criswell on Friday. I would think MucMulkin had trucks in Bowling Green picking up cars just as frequently as Criswell, if not more frequent.

Old 04-18-2015, 01:18 PM
Raiderh20boy
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 279 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by ///ADMAN
I still don't get this. As I stated, mine was ordered from Mike Furman. It was built that Monday, loading on the truck Wednesday and delivered to Criswell on Friday. I would think MucMulkin had trucks in Bowling Green picking up cars just as frequently as Criswell, if not more frequent.

Its NOT the individual dealerships that have their own trucks for pick up at BG.
Old 04-18-2015, 01:45 PM
///ADMAN
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Raiderh20boy
Its NOT the individual dealerships that have their own trucks for pick up at BG.
I know. The trucks don't leave to ________ until they are fully loaded. But, I would think that MucMulkin would have enough deliveries to warrant their "own" truck toing and froing several times a weeks. Criswell has three trucks full of Corvettes arriving every week. They basically pick up and drop off every other day. And, Criswell is only #3 if not mistaken.
Old 04-18-2015, 02:01 PM
AlaskaPaul
Instructor

Originally Posted by Raiderh20boy
As I understand it from my dealer (Macmulkin) a truck sits in BG until it has a full load going to a particular geographic area before it heads out. It has nothing to do with the dealership.

In my case, my car was built 4/6, but just left BG last Thursday because it was waiting for other cars being delivered near me. While I was waiting, Chriswell got a ton of cars delivered which were built around the same time as mine, but were all going to the other side of the Washington beltway nearer to Chriswell.

I am getting courtesy delivery to a local dealership which doesn't move many Corvettes, so I had to wait until my truck loaded up with others. It only makes sense that they do it by area, not dealership. But in Chriswell's case, their dealership sells so many local cars they get a full load easily. Macmulkin told me they do about 300 courtesy deliveries a year, all over the country, so their sales are apparently more scattered, geographically.

I found my car on the On-star app yesterday sitting in Petersburg, Virginia, where it still is today. I was told that many dealers don't accept deliveries on the weekend because of limited staffing, so hopefully I will see it by Monday. At least it is close. I may just take a Sunday drive to Virginia to...........nah, I can wait a day or two!

Hope this helps........
Old 04-18-2015, 02:06 PM
Bruiser2012
Racer

Received 102 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by AlaskaPaul
As I understand it from my dealer (Macmulkin) a truck sits in BG until it has a full load going to a particular geographic area before it heads out. It has nothing to do with the dealership.

In my case, my car was built 4/6, but just left BG last Thursday because it was waiting for other cars being delivered near me. While I was waiting, Chriswell got a ton of cars delivered which were built around the same time as mine, but were all going to the other side of the Washington beltway nearer to Chriswell.

I am getting courtesy delivery to a local dealership which doesn't move many Corvettes, so I had to wait until my truck loaded up with others. It only makes sense that they do it by area, not dealership. But in Chriswell's case, their dealership sells so many local cars they get a full load easily. Macmulkin told me they do about 300 courtesy deliveries a year, all over the country, so their sales are apparently more scattered, geographically.

I found my car on the On-star app yesterday sitting in Petersburg, Virginia, where it still is today. I was told that many dealers don't accept deliveries on the weekend because of limited staffing, so hopefully I will see it by Monday. At least it is close. I may just take a Sunday drive to Virginia to...........nah, I can wait a day or two!

Hope this helps........
OnStar app to track your car? Could you please explain this to me?

Thanks,
-Bob
Old 04-18-2015, 02:31 PM
AlaskaPaul
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bruiser2012
OnStar app to track your car? Could you please explain this to me?

Thanks,
-Bob
Numerous posts on this forum about this, but in a nutshell, this is what I did.

Have your dealer activate your Onstar account after your car is built and you have a Vin#, call Onstar and register/set up your account, establishing a user ID, password, and PIN with them on the phone, download the Apple or Android app to your smartphone, got to maps in the app, put in your pin, and Voila, it shows you where your car is.

My phone died last week so my daughter, who lives 150 miles away from me used her phone to locate and track my car so I may be wrong about how the app works as I haven't used it myself as yet. However, I called Onstar to set up the rest, which was very easy, quick and painless.

Best of luck

Alaskapaul

PS: The app didn't work when the car was just sitting in the back lot at BG, only came to life after the car was placed on a truck. Might have something to do with an auto shut off when not in use for battery (Onstar 5 year battery) conservation. After car was started to load, it apparently activated Onstar again. This is all conjecture on my part...........it's all like magic to me!!!
Old 04-18-2015, 03:15 PM
///ADMAN
Melting Slicks

If you ask, a lot of the dealers will just go in your vehicle and press the OnStar button.
Usually just using 1234 or something to activate it. Then, there it is on your phone.
Old 04-18-2015, 03:21 PM
AlaskaPaul
Instructor

If you ask, a lot of the dealers will just go in your vehicle and press the OnStar button.
Usually just using 1234 or something to activate it. Then, there it is on your phone.
A dealer can't press an Onstar button in Bowling Green while it is in the lot waiting to be shipped. Secondly, the button doesn't need to be pressed by anybody for it to work, only activated by the dealer by registering it with Onstar via it's Vin# .

Get notified of new replies

To Roll Call--TPW 4/6/15

Old 04-18-2015, 03:21 PM
TSRACEFAN
Intermediate

Nice! Well my 4/6/15 TPW is on the train headed to SO CAL. Is currently in North West Indiana. Would love the onstar app, but for now just using the automated CSX trace locator.
Old 04-18-2015, 07:21 PM
myfrstvette
Intermediate

Just got the word today. Car is at event code 4300: Intermediate delivery, Bowling Green to Toledo Ohio.
Finger crossed it doesn't sit in Toledo for too long!
Old 04-20-2015, 02:40 PM
LisaVette98
Racer

Still no word from the museum...asked my dad to follow up this time since it has been 2 weeks since his car has been built. If I could get a date then I would not be so stressed, the way my job works it's hard for me to say "I may not be here on that day". Would like to get my time off pinned down rather than hope it stays clear. Also, would have been nice to have kept the money in the bank a bit longer rather than give it to the dealer.

Quick Reply: Roll Call--TPW 4/6/15