C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm the first person at Stingray Chevrolet to have an infotainment screen issue.

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 07:46 PM
Rakkasan
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default I'm the first person at Stingray Chevrolet to have an infotainment screen issue.

As I've stated ad nauseam I love my 2015 Z 51, so I don't get it when people start complaining about this or that going wrong. I don't know why since the dealer will fix it.

Anyway, I was pulling out of my garage when I noticed my infotainment screen had gone black. There was still sound, but no picture. So I took it to Stingray Chevrolet in Plant City, Fla. and they said it was probably a computer program issue that needed to be updated because they had been having problems with those in the past. However, since it was a 2015 the car already had the program update, so according to GM this may be something new, and I was the first 2015 they had seen with this problem.

So what they're going to do is pull out the screen and check out the connections, and other stuff. The technician said he thinks it's just a connection issue and they won't have to replace anything, but that it's something GM wants to know about.

So if you new 2015 owners get a recall notice I guess you can blame me.
Old 03-30-2015, 07:47 PM
rmorin1249
Le Mans Master

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,174 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16,'18

Originally Posted by Rakkasan
As I've stated ad nauseam I love my 2015 Z 51, so I don't get it when people start complaining about this or that going wrong. I don't know why since the dealer will fix it.

Anyway, I was pulling out of my garage when I noticed my infotainment screen had gone black. There was still sound, but no picture. So I took it to Stingray Chevrolet in Plant City, Fla. and they said it was probably a computer program issue that needed to be updated because they had been having problems with those in the past. However, since it was a 2015 the car already had the program update, so according to GM this may be something new, and I was the first 2015 they had seen with this problem.

So what they're going to do is pull out the screen and check out the connections, and other stuff. The technician said he thinks it's just a connection issue and they won't have to replace anything, but that it's something GM wants to know about.

So if you new 2015 owners get a recall notice I guess you can blame me.
Lucky you. Thanks for posting.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:38 PM
hawkfe
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 C1 of the Year Finalist

I know on the 2014 that they have had to replace some (mine including). It started jittering before it would black out but the radio and everything still worked. You could touch the screen if you knew where you were touching and that would work also.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:29 PM
gwalsh88
Burning Brakes

Received 803 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by hawkfe
I know on the 2014 that they have had to replace some (mine including). It started jittering before it would black out but the radio and everything still worked. You could touch the screen if you knew where you were touching and that would work also.
same thing for my 2014 Z51 which I had replaced in Dade City...

works fine now
Old 03-30-2015, 10:34 PM
Rakkasan
Racer

Well, they're going to fix it so I'm not going to worry about it. Taking my '66 vert in tomorrow to have the parking lights worked on, so I'll be vetteless for a few days.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:42 PM
sycraft
Burning Brakes

Received 85 Likes on 67 Posts

my 2015 had a software fix, had to load with a flash drive, works great now...

PI1375B: Blank Display, NAV Screen Audio Content Unavailable via Speech Recognition, Display Screen Stuck on Incoming Call View After Phone Call Finished, Rear View Camera Display Blank, USB Issues, Bluetooth/Favorite Bar/Voice, iPod Unable to Detect via USB, Recognition Concerns, XM Speech Recognition Inoperative, Traffic Messages, Clock Display - (Feb 10, 2015)

An updated software calibration has been released to address the above conditions. Update the HMI Module using a USB FLASH DRIVE and the Service Programming System (SPS) with the files available on TIS2WEB. Refer to the SPS procedures in SI.

Important: This procedure is a USB flash drive programming event. This IS NOT a standard TIS2WEB programming event. This procedure requires a USB 2.0 flash drive. The minimum USB flash drive capacity requirement is 16 GB. Use Tis2Web to download the correct version of the software for the vehicle that is being programmed to minimize the chance of flashing the wrong software into HMI module.

Any existing data on the USB flash drive will be erased during the TIS2WEB-to-USB flash drive download process. To ensure important data IS NOT deleted from the USB flash drive, transfer the data from the USB flash drive onto another approved data storage device BEFORE attempting to download software from TIS2WEB.Once the software is downloaded to the USB, DO NOT add any data to the storage device.

Last edited by sycraft; 03-30-2015 at 11:47 PM.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:11 AM
iclick
Melting Slicks

Received 618 Likes on 420 Posts

Originally Posted by sycraft
my 2015 had a software fix, had to load with a flash drive, works great now...
My 2015 (build date 12/14) just briefly blacked out for the first time yesterday. I had thought the software update described in Doc. ID 4104798, #IP1436 could only be done by a dealer. How did you acquire the file to load the update yourself?
Old 03-31-2015, 08:27 AM
BIG Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 4,684 Likes on 1,862 Posts

The screen in my 2014 blacked out once. Shut it off, turned it back on, still black. Put the car away for the night and expected to drive to the dealer the next day. When I started it up the next morning, it worked fine. Hasn't gone black since and that was several months ago. Sometimes computers just need to reboot!
Old 03-31-2015, 09:15 AM
sycraft
Burning Brakes

Received 85 Likes on 67 Posts

I did not do it, the Dealer did, took about 2 hours to load, I watched it do the update part of the time. no issues since.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:50 AM
Cat Daddy
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The electronic/computer Technicians at Stingray Chevy are Top Shelf, exceptionally knowledgeable. We are very fortunate to have them in our area.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:11 PM
Rakkasan
Racer

Well, the problem was with the wiring connection to the unit. When they moved the harness the unit would come on and off, so they're going to replace the whole thing. GM said there might be a connection problem and they were correct. Personally I think it was the installation. The car was built on Wednesday the day before Thanksgiving, so I wonder if the workers were anxious for the holiday to begin. You know what they say, never buy a car that was built on a Monday, Friday, or before a holiday.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:26 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

i'm getting mine replaced in two weeks, they have the new screen in stock right now just want to do an oil change at the same time. 2014.

Get notified of new replies

To I'm the first person at Stingray Chevrolet to have an infotainment screen issue.

Quick Reply: I'm the first person at Stingray Chevrolet to have an infotainment screen issue.