C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track Mode - What is this gauge and why does it never move?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 08:21 AM
BIG Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 4,682 Likes on 1,862 Posts

Default Track Mode - What is this gauge and why does it never move?

When in Track Mode, the bottom right gauge never moves, stays at 100. What is this gauge? It appears the other three are Oil Pressure, Oil Temp and Voltage. (I checked Chapter 5 of the Owner's Manual and didn't see an explanation.)

Thank you
Old 03-31-2015, 09:04 AM
kenownr
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 437 Likes on 316 Posts

I'm pretty sure it's the Transmission Temp gauge. My A8 only goes up slightly in normal driving. In heavy traffic it may go up to 125/135. I understand 200+ or so is normal in tack runs.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:29 AM
RonC7
Melting Slicks

Received 1,295 Likes on 857 Posts

Trans temp is shown. M7 takes a long time to warm up a bit. You can hit the right arrow and change what gauges are displayed.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:53 AM
C7-Beast
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 201 Posts

Yup, trans temp. After about 50 miles mine moves on my M7 but barely. I wouldn't expect trans temp to rise much on an M7 unless you track it.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:17 AM
RonC7
Melting Slicks

I was at Spring Mountain 2 weeks ago. Highest oil temp on Day 3 was 253 F, highest M7 trans temp was 226 F. Ambient was about 80F.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:18 AM
BIG Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 4,682 Likes on 1,862 Posts

Thanks guys! That explains it, my commute to work is only 11 miles and takes me only 15 - 20 minutes. That explains why the gauge doesn't move.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:23 PM
767guy
Pro

Received 179 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by BIG Dave
When in Track Mode, the bottom right gauge never moves, stays at 100. What is this gauge? It appears the other three are Oil Pressure, Oil Temp and Voltage. (I checked Chapter 5 of the Owner's Manual and didn't see an explanation.)

Thank you
Since you put up a picture of that display,I have a question.

I am assuming that screen is your instrument cluster and not part of the HUD??? I went out to my car ( 2015 A8 coupe 2LT) and tried to find that display with no success. How did you get to that screen and are those horizontal circles across the top of the screen "shift lights".

And here I thought I knew the car pretty well ......not so much.

Thanks, Doug.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:39 PM
lastcowboy
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

you have to hit the left arrow on wheel ,go to settings ,seclect, r. arrow to display then r. arrow and pick sport .now back track to pref.hit seclect ......................or just go to you tube and its there. i posted it awhile back .....good luck.
theres also away to set it to change from the seclect ****, for each mode your in .

Last edited by lastcowboy; 03-31-2015 at 05:42 PM.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:08 PM
767guy
Pro

Originally Posted by lastcowboy
you have to hit the left arrow on wheel ,go to settings ,seclect, r. arrow to display then r. arrow and pick sport .now back track to pref.hit seclect ......................or just go to you tube and its there. i posted it awhile back .....good luck.
theres also away to set it to change from the seclect ****, for each mode your in .
O.K. I found it, thanks very much. Very helpful.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:18 PM
767guy
Pro

Also ,very cool display on the instrument cluster. Previously with a bit of "spirited driving " coming on to the interstate form the acceleration lane I had used the paddle shifters and noticed as I approached the top of the RPM range a horizontal band of lights illuminating under a different cluster display. On the cluster you have shown me how to get into I see now what I had been looking at.

I am beginning to realize there is a whole bunch of other stuff and display options I am not aware of. Maybe some day a tech guy will do a u-tube video of all the displays the car is capable of

Thanks again, Doug.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:38 PM
lastcowboy
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 767guy
Also ,very cool display on the instrument cluster. Previously with a bit of "spirited driving " coming on to the interstate form the acceleration lane I had used the paddle shifters and noticed as I approached the top of the RPM range a horizontal band of lights illuminating under a different cluster display. On the cluster you have shown me how to get into I see now what I had been looking at.

I am beginning to realize there is a whole bunch of other stuff and display options I am not aware of. Maybe some day a tech guy will do a u-tube video of all the displays the car is capable of

Thanks again, Doug.
glad you foud it. just go on youtube and put in c7 display it wil take you to alot from there .........did you find how to change it from the driver select mode t-s-tr-etc.? when you seclect the dr.s mode it will change the display . theres a lot more to find ,enjoy
Old 03-31-2015, 07:55 PM
767guy
Pro

glad you foud it. just go on youtube and put in c7 display it wil take you to alot from there .........did you find how to change it from the driver select mode t-s-tr-etc.? when you seclect the dr.s mode it will change the display . theres a lot more to find ,enjoy
Yes I did find all the changes when I "arrowed" over to the right hand side of the cluster. I found where you can tie you cluster display to the various "DRIVE MODES".............what a car!!!! I guess like a lot of C7 owners I am finding I like the car more and more as time goes by. It is my first Vette and when I ordered it I had no idea of its capabilities .

Thanks again, Doug.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:23 AM
RonC7
Melting Slicks

Look up in the Sticky Threads section. There are several items on DIC menu and gauges in this section:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...cking-etc.html

Ron

Last edited by RonC7; 04-01-2015 at 09:23 AM. Reason: .

Get notified of new replies

To Track Mode - What is this gauge and why does it never move?

Quick Reply: Track Mode - What is this gauge and why does it never move?