C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Still in Toledo, but an update on Page 5!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 12:02 AM
Raiderh20boy
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 279 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by mikelgray71
Sacramento area (Placerville). Order thru MacMulkin, courtesy delivery to here...if it ever gets assigned to a train. 2LT, coupe, auto. Daytona Orange
We are in Antioch ordered from Boardwalk in Redwood City. Wife ordered a DSOM 3LT AUTO LOADED with almost everything that was available . There is absolutely no consistency in the shipping. Have a friend that ordered from same dealer. His was built 2weeks AFTER OUR WAS BUILT. Delivered to Toledo 2 weeks AFTER ours got there and his is on a rail car as of yesterday somewhere between Chico and Milpitas rail station. Where is ours......still in Toledo waiting to get on a train!! There since Mar 6.
Old 04-13-2015, 01:00 AM
kbmyers
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine has been there for a couple of weeks now waiting for a train to California. Disappointed to hear I may still have a ways to wait based on others experience.
Old 04-13-2015, 08:53 AM
mikelgray71
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Raiderh20boy
We are in Antioch ordered from Boardwalk in Redwood City. Wife ordered a DSOM 3LT AUTO LOADED with almost everything that was available . There is absolutely no consistency in the shipping. Have a friend that ordered from same dealer. His was built 2weeks AFTER OUR WAS BUILT. Delivered to Toledo 2 weeks AFTER ours got there and his is on a rail car as of yesterday somewhere between Chico and Milpitas rail station. Where is ours......still in Toledo waiting to get on a train!! There since Mar 6.
Perhaps it is just an ORANGE hold.

An earlier post thought perhaps our tires cracked since there was a spell of cold weather in Toledo and our cars are being checked before they are shipped. Seems to be the only reason I can find that makes any sense. Either way, not the most encouraging news.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:39 AM
kbmyers
Cruising

I'm voting for an orange conspiracy. Mine is also a fairly loaded DSOM 3LT
Old 04-14-2015, 10:31 AM
backtwistr
Advanced

ok here is the latest story and I have no clue who is right anymore! Contacted my dealer to check on status however the individual and in my order is on vacation. The gentleman handling her clients picked up the phone and said all Corvettes are transported via carrier and truck only. when I brought up Toledo in the fact that it is there he said that is a distribution center only and the cars did not come here to Southern California be a train but on truck!!??? Wtf!? Another wrinkle. ...any feedback? ?
Old 04-14-2015, 10:39 AM
backtwistr
Advanced

Originally Posted by backtwistr
ok here is the latest story and I have no clue who is right anymore! Contacted my dealer to check on status however the individual and in my order is on vacation. The gentleman handling her clients picked up the phone and said all Corvettes are transported via carrier and truck only. when I brought up Toledo in the fact that it is there he said that is a distribution center only and the cars did not come here to Southern California be a train but on truck!!??? Wtf!? Another wrinkle. ...any feedback? ?
Sorry about the typos....voice to text did not work so well....
Old 04-14-2015, 11:54 AM
Raiderh20boy
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 279 Likes on 191 Posts

Guy is lost!!! They are trucked from BG to Toledo/ rail out here to a rail center (NorCal is Milpitas don't know where in SoCal) and then unloaded and trucked to individual dealers .
Old 04-14-2015, 12:15 PM
Calif Vetteman
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Guy is lost!!! They are trucked from BG to Toledo/ rail out here to a rail center (NorCal is Milpitas don't know where in SoCal) and then unloaded and trucked to individual dealers .
So Cal rail yard is in Murrieta.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:39 PM
mikelgray71
Heel & Toe

Almost a month of waiting in Toledo. At least my car is not lonely with other CA vettes also waiting.
Old 04-14-2015, 08:43 PM
player0ne
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My DSOM spent two days in Toledo before shipping out.
Old 04-15-2015, 02:03 PM
backtwistr
Advanced

Anyone interested in signing a letter outlining our ordeal and sending off to GM Corporate? We are all obviously frustrated and cannot get an answer from our dealers or GM customer service.....they may or may not be aware the problem exists. I find it hard to believe ANY business would consciously alienate their primary niche (corvette buyers - I also own a new Camaro).....May be a waste of time....just throwing it out to you all since I have nothing else to post about my car lol!
Old 04-15-2015, 09:15 PM
beadman
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default onboard!

Anyone interested in signing a letter outlining our ordeal and sending off to GM Corporate? We are all obviously frustrated and cannot get an answer from our dealers or GM customer service.....they may or may not be aware the problem exists. I find it hard to believe ANY business would consciously alienate their primary niche (corvette buyers - I also own a new Camaro).....May be a waste of time....just throwing it out to you all since I have nothing else to post about my car lol!
I'm ready to sign a petition.

Have watched time and again cars produced after mine shipped.

We need to get all neglected Z06s and Stingrays inboard.
Old 04-15-2015, 11:35 PM
Dave O
Melting Slicks

Received 1,412 Likes on 625 Posts

I'd sign it. Not only is Toledo an issue, but I am also finding out that once it arrives at its final destination there are problems as well. Mine arrived in Northern Calif last week and has been sitting at the Milpitas rail yard for 5 days now waiting for the final 22 mile truck ride to the dealership. It’s ridiculous. When I purchased my C6 it only took ~ 5 days to get from Bowling Green by truck to the dealer. Mine is only 22 miles away and has been stuck there for 5 days now .
Old 04-16-2015, 12:51 AM
Bmbl-Bee
Burning Brakes

Received 355 Likes on 187 Posts

Raider----damn man, I can't believe your car is still waiting on a train. What in the heck could be going on? As a sold unit, one would think that shipping the car as soon as possible would be top priority. Just doesn't make sense. Cars built after our build week of 3/2 have made there way to California, don't know why your car wasn't on one of those trains. Hell of it is, you can't find anyone to give you an explanation or reason as to why. Hang in there......
Old 04-16-2015, 01:10 AM
backtwistr
Advanced

Ok owner of my dealership will see to it our complaints get to decision makers...if you would like your story told, post a history of what u you are going through including tpw, date out of BG and date arrived in toledo by Friday and I will copy and paste to a letter!
Old 04-16-2015, 02:18 AM
beadman
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Count me in

Ok owner of my dealership will see to it our complaints get to decision makers...if you would like your story told, post a history of what u you are going through including tpw, date out of BG and date arrived in toledo by Friday and I will copy and paste to a letter!
You have a very friendly dealer! Mine will hardly answer an email.

My Z06, vin 4229 built 3/5/15 sat in BG almost 2 weeks arrived in Toledo 3/19/15.
It has sat there ever since while cars built 1, 2, and 3 weeks after mine were loaded onto several different trains headed west.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:00 AM
Dave O
Melting Slicks

Received 1,412 Likes on 625 Posts

Although not nearly as bad as others, here's my story.

Built 3/18
Arrived at Toledo 3/21
On train, headed west 4/6
Arrived at west coast rail yard (Milpitas) 4/10
Sitting at railyard ever since, waiting on 22 mile truck ride to dealership.

Get notified of new replies

To Still in Toledo, but an update on Page 5!!

Old 04-16-2015, 10:01 AM
mikelgray71
Heel & Toe

Built 3/13
Arrived Toledo 3/18
Today is 4/16 and still in Toledo jail
Old 04-16-2015, 10:07 AM
r75vet
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default My Story

Car built 3/12. Arrived in Toledo 3/18. Loaded on a train 4/8. Left Portland Illinois 4/16. No ETA from anyone.

So after being produced it sat for 27 days before being loaded on a train. Then in 8 days it has traveled 384.6 miles. A trip that takes just under 6 hours by truck, has taken 8 days by rail. That makes rail shipping laughable.

I have read several stories of vehicles produced after mine arriving to Portland Oregon weeks ago. The logistics process from a consumer standpoint is not only unfair it is absurd.

What is the cost. GM is the only one in position to count the shipping savings they receive to West Coast customers. What they may not factor in is that as a younger buyer I'm not nastalgic about their products. I have lots of options and value customer service highly. Things like no ETA on my order might have been ok in the 60's but in 2015 logistics options are so advanced there is no excuse. My perception is that GM thinks their product is so great that they can treat their customers carelessly. Maybe that's ok for some customers but for me, the customer they claim they need to attract, it's a loyalty impasse.

Last edited by r75vet; 04-16-2015 at 10:10 AM.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:04 PM
TSRACEFAN
Intermediate

TPW: 4/6/15
Toledo: 4/10/15
Destination:Mira Loma distribution center, Southern California.

GM customer service chat Gabrielle:9:45:10 AM PDT: At this time your vehicle is currently at our vehicle distribution center in Toledo Ohio. It is awaiting a carrier for shipment. There is no estimated time of arrival at this time.

ME: ok, some cars have been in Toledo for 40+ days. Any idea how they choose what cars get on trains and when. Do you have a contact that would be higher up in the customer service relations that I can ask?

Gabrielle:9:52:08 AM PDT
I do apologize but we do not have that information. No, the only people that may have more detailed information is your selling dealership.

I can't complain to much yet. But hearing your stories, makes me worry my car will be there into May or even June.
Does anyone think putting more $$ down gets your car out quicker??
Just a theory.

Checking with Kerbeck right now.

Quick Reply: Still in Toledo, but an update on Page 5!!