C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Still in Toledo, but an update on Page 5!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 11:44 PM
Raiderh20boy
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 279 Likes on 191 Posts
Default Still in Toledo, but an update on Page 5!!

37 days and counting since our car was delivered to the rail yard in Toledo. Nobody has an answer as to why
Old 04-11-2015, 12:26 AM
seel2000
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Complete and utter HORSE ****!!!
Old 04-11-2015, 12:39 AM
C2367
Drifting

Received 307 Likes on 133 Posts

Because it is west coast. My 2015 C7 was built 09-15-14 and at the dealer on 10-27-14 so it sound correct. You should be getting it very soon.
Old 04-11-2015, 12:53 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,293 Likes on 13,966 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

That is ridiculous, but hope you do get the car soon.
Old 04-11-2015, 01:04 AM
backtwistr
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Raiderh20boy
37 days and counting since our car was delivered to the rail yard in Toledo. Nobody has an answer as to why
Me too brother! Been there three weeks!
Old 04-11-2015, 03:37 AM
vinnie12345
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

That is nucking futs!!! You need to have your dealer contact their distribution reginal manager and get that thing moving! It's a sold unit and needs to go. If you didn't pay for it already then your dealer has already started paying interest so he's got to be getting pissed.. I'm sorry bro, I thought my 5 weeks of shipping sucked I can't imagine how pissed you must be.
Old 04-11-2015, 05:22 AM
r75vet
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default logistics

So I have been looking at every thing I can find about how this works. What I know is that it is not a first in first out practice of shipping. They don't appear to be shipped by dealer. It was suggested that they are grouped by state and don't ship till there are enough for a whole rail car but then you would think it would be FIFO in the group.

My car sat in Toledo in a lot off of Chrysler drive. Since several manufacturers ship out of Toledo it makes sense that each train probably holds many brands and models. Is it possible they load by destination county across several brands? Maybe the selection is even more random like by where it was parked in the lot or where the key hangs on the sandwich board.

Maybe someone with inside info could chime in. Your car is not in the normal time frame. I was told 4-6 weeks after being built for delivery. This seems consistent with all the info I have gathered with a few outliers. I think I will be at 6 weeks if I'm lucky. You clearly will be beyond that. It sounds like your dealer needs to start pushing for answers.
Old 04-11-2015, 12:52 PM
///ADMAN
Melting Slicks

Received 471 Likes on 307 Posts

Once again, this is why I chose to have Criswell PDI the vehicle and ship it to me via Plycar instead. Sure, it cost more. But, did it? Really? I mean, I'm sure you are already paying on your vehicle if you didn't buy it outright with cash.

Man, I feel for you. Sucks...
Old 04-11-2015, 04:37 PM
beadman
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Bad Stockboys!

Originally Posted by r75vet
So I have been looking at every thing I can find about how this works. What I know is that it is not a first in first out practice of shipping. They don't appear to be shipped by dealer. It was suggested that they are grouped by state and don't ship till there are enough for a whole rail car but then you would think it would be FIFO in the group.

My car sat in Toledo in a lot off of Chrysler drive. Since several manufacturers ship out of Toledo it makes sense that each train probably holds many brands and models. Is it possible they load by destination county across several brands? Maybe the selection is even more random like by where it was parked in the lot or where the key hangs on the sandwich board.

Maybe someone with inside info could chime in. Your car is not in the normal time frame. I was told 4-6 weeks after being built for delivery. This seems consistent with all the info I have gathered with a few outliers. I think I will be at 6 weeks if I'm lucky. You clearly will be beyond that. It sounds like your dealer needs to start pushing for answers.
The real problem is that they are shipping newly arrived cars and letting earlier arrivals sit in a back corner.

I am aware of 2 trains that have headed to the NW with cars produced after mine while I wait with you folks.

Even a minimum wage stockboy could rotate stock better!

I asked Ron at MacMulkin for an email address of someone to complain to at GM.

Usually a squeeky wheel will get some grease. Lets start squeeking!

Anyone know who to complain to?

Last edited by beadman; 04-11-2015 at 05:15 PM. Reason: punctuation
Old 04-11-2015, 06:42 PM
Dave O
Melting Slicks

Received 1,412 Likes on 625 Posts

Originally Posted by beadman
The real problem is that they are shipping newly arrived cars and letting earlier arrivals sit in a back corner.

I am aware of 2 trains that have headed to the NW with cars produced after mine while I wait with you folks.

I purchased my car from the same dealer as Raiderh20boy and it was built two weeks after his. However, mine made it on the train last Monday and his is still sitting in Toledo. In fact, our dealer has 10+ other cars sitting in Toledo but mine was the only one that made it on the train. I feel blessed that mine made it on the train and has arrived in California as of yesterday. However, it sucks that Gene's car is still sitting in Toledo after all this time. Someone at GM really needs to rethink this whole ship by rail philosophy.
Old 04-12-2015, 01:41 PM
Raiderh20boy
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by beadman

Did you ever get a name/address to complain to? I know this is definitely NOT my salesman-dealer issue as they are as perplexed as we are on this. I'm sure our dealer has received the invoice by now as our car was built complete as of Mar 4 and waiting in Toledo for 38 days to get on a rail car to be delivered out here in Cailf.
Old 04-12-2015, 02:27 PM
doug1707
Heel & Toe

I feel your pain! 1 week BG, 22 days Toledo (frozen like an ice cube), 3 days Kansas City, 10 days total rail time followed by another week in Mira Loma. Keep the faith, it will get here.
Old 04-12-2015, 02:34 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Wow, I be pissed to say the least.
Mine was made 3-12 rolled right out of there.
Through Toledo by 3-19 and here at the west coast (Portland)
by 3-30 #4411
I think any held before me could be the cracked tires. 4-5 days before they had 0 weather.
Old 04-12-2015, 02:43 PM
beadman
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default makes no sense

Did you ever get a name/address to complain to? I know this is definitely NOT my salesman-dealer issue as they are as perplexed as we are on this. I'm sure our dealer has received the invoice by now as our car was built complete as of Mar 4 and waiting in Toledo for 38 days to get on a rail car to be delivered out here in Cailf.
If everyone was waiting it would be one thing, but when folks with cars built 1300 units after mine have them already makes it very frustrating.
Old 04-12-2015, 02:58 PM
retaf87
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

One would think that since the Vette is GM's "halo" vehicle they would do a whole lot better job ensuring they are shipped promptly!

Back in the day someone could buy an Audi or MB in Germany and have it shipped to the states in less time that it takes in modern times for Vette to be shipped.
Old 04-12-2015, 03:09 PM
Calif Vetteman
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Dealer should have the Invoice when the car is built. I had a copy of my invoice Two to Three days after it was built, which I was able to take to my C/U to get the financing going.
Old 04-12-2015, 08:15 PM
rcooper
Safety Car

Received 676 Likes on 480 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

OK, here's what you do. Buy a drone, OK a couple of drone....no, make that a lot of drones. Put a Go Pro on one of them and group them all together, add some bungy cord and a hook, fly them to Toledo. Pick up your car and , as they say, "Get the hell outta' Dodge".
Sorry to hear that you are still stranded in the rail yard.
Maybe , if you can get the RR to leave a tanker of oil behind so you could get a carrier loaded with cars to the west coast.
Or go to the Ask Tadge: and find out why they are so remiss on shipping. I mean, poo, half the country is west of the Mississippi, they should have this worked out after 2 years of shipping out west.
I really believe that GM owes you big time for this, how can I say it nicely, oh yeah, foobar!

Get notified of new replies

To Still in Toledo, but an update on Page 5!!

Old 04-12-2015, 08:22 PM
mikelgray71
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by rcooper
OK, here's what you do. Buy a drone, OK a couple of drone....no, make that a lot of drones. Put a Go Pro on one of them and group them all together, add some bungy cord and a hook, fly them to Toledo. Pick up your car and , as they say, "Get the hell outta' Dodge".
Sorry to hear that you are still stranded in the rail yard.
Maybe , if you can get the RR to leave a tanker of oil behind so you could get a carrier loaded with cars to the west coast.
Or go to the Ask Tadge: and find out why they are so remiss on shipping. I mean, poo, half the country is west of the Mississippi, they should have this worked out after 2 years of shipping out west.
I really believe that GM owes you big time for this, how can I say it nicely, oh yeah, foobar!

I am in the same terrible situation. Built on 3/13, shipped to Toledo five days later, and still waiting for a train to CA. Thought GM was better than this.
Old 04-12-2015, 09:40 PM
Raiderh20boy
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by mikelgray71
I am in the same terrible situation. Built on 3/13, shipped to Toledo five days later, and still waiting for a train to CA. Thought GM was better than this.
Just curious. Where in Calif?
Old 04-12-2015, 11:01 PM
mikelgray71
Heel & Toe

Just curious. Where in Calif?
Sacramento area (Placerville). Order thru MacMulkin, courtesy delivery to here...if it ever gets assigned to a train. 2LT, coupe, auto. Daytona Orange

Quick Reply: Still in Toledo, but an update on Page 5!!