Sponsored by:

Delivery Inspection Checklist Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 12:08 AM
Cliff358
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Delivery Inspection Checklist Questions

I tried asking this in the Delivery Checklist sticky but decided that probably wasn't the best place to put it so I thought I would post it to the General Forum instead. This is an excerpt from the Checklist mentioned above:

Originally Posted by NAV

"Before the test drive:

21. Performance exhaust (if present) functions properly.

During the test drive:

2. MSRC (if equipped) works appropriately.**
3. ELSD (if Z51) works properly. ***
4. Driving mode selector works appropriately. Pay attention to change in ride stiffness (if MSRC is present), exhaust volume and tone (if performance exhaust is present), steering effort-feel and responsiveness.
"

My questions are: Will the driving mode selector, #4 above, tell me if the NPP, MSRC and ELSD are working properly? If so, how?
I ordered a z51 with all of the above options and I found the checklist to be very helpful but I am not sure how I am supposed to make sure they are "working properly". If someone could give me a little insight I would appreciate it.

P.S. Thanks for the checklist NAV. I found it to be extremely helpful.
Old 04-14-2015, 01:16 AM
DAFFYDRUNK
Melting Slicks

Received 287 Likes on 236 Posts

Honestly with my car I gave it a good look over for cosmetic stuff and drove off. Figured if there's mechanical stuff the warranty can take care of it. So far nothing weird yet...
Old 04-14-2015, 06:52 AM
mcnwil
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DAFFYDRUNK
Honestly with my car I gave it a good look over for cosmetic stuff and drove off. Figured if there's mechanical stuff the warranty can take care of it. So far nothing weird yet...
My conclusion as well. I was mainly concerned about any shipping damage or any defect that after driving off could be blamed on me. I did verify options, check fluids, and test a few things, but did the remainder of checks on the way home and at home in my garage.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:34 AM
Cliff358
Instructor

I would agree with you but it's going to be a 3,000+ mile drive home so I would prefer to make sure everything is working properly, no pun intended.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:03 AM
mcnwil
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cliff358
I would agree with you but it's going to be a 3,000+ mile drive home so I would prefer to make sure everything is working properly, no pun intended.
Did not realize you have a 3000 mile drive home. I would more closely follow the checklist given that drive. I would plan on some additional time to not be rushed in the delivery inspection. To your orignal questions on the modes/exhaust. When you change modes via the selector you will see the mode display change in the dash LCD. You will hear an exhaust difference when going to sport and track even at idle. When driving the car and you make these changes you will notice the difference in the exhaust sound and behavior as well as the steering. I do not have the MSRC and ELSD so I cannot comment on them except I would expect that you will feel a difference in the suspension when you change settings. Maybe some other Z51 folks can comment on verifying those options.
Best of luck to you, enjoy the delivery and the ride, you will love it.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:30 AM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

Really you will have to trust the assembly line testing that was accomplished while the car was assembled. Unless you are "really" familiar with the C7, it will be impossible to check everything and actually know if what you checked performed as designed. There is that much! I am coming up on a year of C7 ownership and have yet to check/operate everything. Probably never will use all systems and settings.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:33 AM
C7-Beast
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 201 Posts

I believe the exhaust valves stay closed in ANY mode below 1700 RPM. To check NPP, put the car in track mode and raise the RPM's to 1800 and you should hear the difference in volume as soon as you are above 1700 RPM.

Good luck on your drive home!
Old 04-15-2015, 11:22 AM
Cliff358
Instructor

Thanks everyone for all the input. It pretty much confirmed what I thought was correct. Although I do trust GM to build the car right, sh*t happens. I don't believe in taking unnecessary chances for a trip of this length. If I were at home I would take my car to a mechanic to have everything double-checked before starting such a long trip. Since this car is new I don't want to possibly overlook something that could be easily checked.
Yes, a mechanic can fix anything that might go wrong but sitting out in the middle of nowhere, broken down because I didn't bother to check something is irresponsible in my opinion. I'm just trying to cover all the bases I can until I am more familiar with my car. Knowledge is power.

Get notified of new replies

To Delivery Inspection Checklist Questions

Quick Reply: Delivery Inspection Checklist Questions