C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Constraints - April 16 for TPW of May 18 (both Z06 and non-Z06)

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 07:52 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Default Constraints - April 16 for TPW of May 18 (both Z06 and non-Z06)

RPO............Description.............. ..................Availability
Z51............Performance Package............................50%
C2Q............Dual Roof Package (Body Color and Transparent)..0%
C2Z/C2M........Roof Panels ...................................30%
CFA............Standard roof (painted)........................55%
Z07............Z06 Performance package........................45%
CFZ - Z07......Carbon Fiber Ground Effects minus Z07 Perf Pkg.30%
CFV............Carbon Fiber Ground Effects....................15%
G8A............Velocity Yellow Tintcoat........................0%
Q6J............Spectra Gray Z06 Wheels.........................0%

Target Production Week of May 18, 2015 for both non-Z06 and Z06.

Velocity Yellow constraint is described as a Model Year Buildout Restriction. Most likely Velocity Yellow will not be available for Model Year 2016 and may not be available for the rest of 2015.
Roofs and Spectra Gray Wheels are described as Supplier Restriction.
Z51 and CFV are described as Material Restriction.
Z07 and CFZ-Z07 are described as Marketing Restriction
Old 04-16-2015, 08:01 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Thank you Mike!

Added link to this thread in the Constraint Report sticky thread.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:05 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

I'm happy to help, John!

BTW, for those who have coupes on order with the standard painted roof panel (RPO CFA), notice that it's now up to 55% (vs. 50% for most of the 2015 model year). Hopefully this is the beginning of an upward trend.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:17 PM
fdxpilot
Safety Car

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by mpuzach
I'm happy to help, John!

BTW, for those who have coupes on order with the standard painted roof panel (RPO CFA), notice that it's now up to 55% (vs. 50% for most of the 2015 model year). Hopefully this is the beginning of an upward trend.
Good news. Between the two carbon fiber roofs, painted and visible, 85% of production is covered. In practice, that's not much of a constraint.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:30 PM
\Boost Monkey/
Melting Slicks

Received 774 Likes on 417 Posts

Word....

Thanks for this. I have a Z51/painted roof on order. Z51 at 50% but what's new. Great to see painted roof moving up 5-10%.

So I guess dealers received last of their 2015 allocations today with the constraint reports...

Last edited by \Boost Monkey/; 04-16-2015 at 08:32 PM.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:35 PM
fun2fly
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for posting this info since 18 May is my scheduled TPW.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:45 PM
REDBLUR
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

So, what exactly does Z51 at 50% mean? Also, do sold orders have a higher priority over orders for dealer stock (unsold)?
Old 04-16-2015, 10:00 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Originally Posted by REDBLUR
So, what exactly does Z51 at 50% mean? Also, do sold orders have a higher priority over orders for dealer stock (unsold)?
Nationally, 50% of Stingray orders will be accepted with Z51. Note that this is a national number and the Z51 allocations aren't necessarily divided equally among all dealers. For example, a dealer with three Stingray allocations for the week might be given 0, 1, 2, or 3 Z51s. It's pretty much luck of the draw.

Sold orders do not get priority.
Old 04-16-2015, 10:04 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

The percentages mean that only that percentage of nationwide allocations in this cycle will be allowed to have the given option. Percentages by dealer will vary somewhat for this nationwide average.

During each cycle, dealers are told how many total C7s they can order and how many can have which constrained items. The dealer can put in a sold order against one of those allocations if it matches the constraints allowed or if the customer is willing to change their order to match what is available. If a dealer cannot find a customer willing to accept what they can get, they will place a dealer stock order. They either do that or lose the allocation. Once an order is placed against an allocation per the allowed constraints, it being a sold order or a dealer stock order really makes no difference.

Last edited by Zymurgy; 04-16-2015 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Well, Mike types faster than I do. But, we agree with each other.
Old 04-16-2015, 10:32 PM
\Boost Monkey/
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
The percentages mean that only that percentage of nationwide allocations in this cycle will be allowed to have the given option. Percentages by dealer will vary somewhat for this nationwide average.

During each cycle, dealers are told how many total C7s they can order and how many can have which constrained items. The dealer can put in a sold order against one of those allocations if it matches the constraints allowed or if the customer is willing to change their order to match what is available. If a dealer cannot find a customer willing to accept what they can get, they will place a dealer stock order. They either do that or lose the allocation. Once an order is placed against an allocation per the allowed constraints, it being a sold order or a dealer stock order really makes no difference.
How long does the dealer have to place an order or pass after they recieved the allocation amounts today?

Also, what is the timeframe of the dealer matching an order to allocation, and the actual status changing to 2000 where if one asked GM customer care, they would see the order at 2000? Is it same day?

We may not have detail at this level, but figured I would ask anyway.
Old 04-16-2015, 10:40 PM
REDBLUR
Instructor

Cruise-In II Veteran

Dual roof package at 0% means no orders for this cycle will be filled with the clear/body color roof panel? Am I understanding this correctly?
Old 04-16-2015, 11:49 PM
\Boost Monkey/
Melting Slicks

Yes
Old 04-17-2015, 12:04 AM
mpuzach
Race Director

Originally Posted by \Boost Monkey/
How long does the dealer have to place an order or pass after they recieved the allocation amounts today?

Also, what is the timeframe of the dealer matching an order to allocation, and the actual status changing to 2000 where if one asked GM customer care, they would see the order at 2000? Is it same day?

We may not have detail at this level, but figured I would ask anyway.
The orders will need to be submitted by close of business Monday. In most cases, event codes for those orders will move to 2000 late Tuesday night / early Wednesday morning.
Old 04-17-2015, 08:38 AM
REDBLUR
Instructor

Cruise-In II Veteran

My dealer entered order for me yesterday; it includes Z51 and dual roof packages. With the dual roof package at 0%, I see the painted standard roof is at 55%. So is it the case that the transparent roof panel is the biggest issue here?

Also, can these percentages change during the cycle? I assume the constraints are based on parts inventory at a given point in time between cycles?

Just trying to understand and cope!
Old 04-17-2015, 08:42 AM
\Boost Monkey/
Melting Slicks

Your dealer "entered" your order...as in...just put it into the computer? That does absolutely nothing except put you at 1100 status as a prelim order.

The order actually becomes an "order" once your dealer receives some allocations, and then matches your order with one of the allocations given in the computer.

So, did he just put your order in the computer, or did he match it with an open allocation? Judging by your dual roof order and a 0% nationwide constraint, I would venture to guess he just put it into the computer.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:11 AM
REDBLUR
Instructor

Cruise-In II Veteran

I was told they have ten allocations this cycle. Of course, I can only take their word for that. I suppose none become orders until they are accepted by GM in the system? I got strung along by a really small dealer in 2000 when I tried to order a 2000 coupe. When that dealer couldn't give me an order number, I got suspicious and got in contact with the Chevrolet district sales manager for that area who told me the dealer I was working with had no more allocations for 2000 models. Ended up changing dealers and had to wait for an '01. I told the dealer I'm now working with that story and he assured me they wouldn't play that game with me. They are an advertising dealer on the Corvette Forum; their name is on that list of dealers on the right hand side of the page. None of that really means a whole lot. It's all about the integrity of people you are dealing with. However, I do not think they would want their name dragged through the dirt if they wronged a customer. I think this forum results in a lot of sales for those dealers listed on the right side of the page.

So my questions about the constraints changing and the transparent roof panel being the potential issue? Any opinions?
Old 04-17-2015, 10:17 AM
Kenafin
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I was told they have ten allocations this cycle. Of course, I can only take their word for that. I suppose none become orders until they are accepted by GM in the system? I got strung along by a really small dealer in 2000 when I tried to order a 2000 coupe. When that dealer couldn't give me an order number, I got suspicious and got in contact with the Chevrolet district sales manager for that area who told me the dealer I was working with had no more allocations for 2000 models. Ended up changing dealers and had to wait for an '01. I told the dealer I'm now working with that story and he assured me they wouldn't play that game with me. They are an advertising dealer on the Corvette Forum; their name is on that list of dealers on the right hand side of the page. None of that really means a whole lot. It's all about the integrity of people you are dealing with. However, I do not think they would want their name dragged through the dirt if they wronged a customer. I think this forum results in a lot of sales for those dealers listed on the right side of the page.

So my questions about the constraints changing and the transparent roof panel being the potential issue? Any opinions?
The transparent roof isn't the issue...it's the body color roof (or the carbon fiber roof) that will be the issue. (Along with the Z51 package if that dealer doesn't any or enough allocations slots with the Z51.)

Get notified of new replies

To Constraints - April 16 for TPW of May 18 (both Z06 and non-Z06)

Old 04-17-2015, 10:18 AM
\Boost Monkey/
Melting Slicks

If you ordered from one of the dealers that is on the right hand side of this screen, you should be good to go.

The dual roof thing is throwing me off, though. I don't know how they could have successfully placed your order to an allocation knowing that the dual roof option is at 0% nationally.

Perhaps someone better informed can field that question.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:30 AM
REDBLUR
Instructor

Cruise-In II Veteran

What I don't get is that the standard painted roof is at 55% according to the listed constraints for this cycle. How does that make the dual roof package 0% if the transparent panel isn't part of the issue? I'm so confused. And I have a big void in my garage as my beloved '01 coupe got a new home on December 23rd. The GM guys probably sit back and laugh at us, thinking we all need to get lives! But, if it weren't for all of us hand-wringers, their lives could be vastly different!

Last edited by REDBLUR; 04-17-2015 at 10:37 AM.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:51 AM
\Boost Monkey/
Melting Slicks

Most likely because of the constraints on the roofs in general.

For instance, if they are only letting through 50% painted and 50% exposed carbon, that means lots of guys are having to order the clear roof to push an order through to GM. In other words, it is putting a strain on all of the roofs in general because GM probably didn't anticipate a high volume of clear roofs being needed.

If 2 out of 3 roof options are on constraint, then why would GM let some guys take 2 roofs per only one car order when they could split those 2 roofs amongst 2 different orders and push 2 cars out instead of just one and holding back one over a roof? See where I'm going with this?

Quick Reply: Constraints - April 16 for TPW of May 18 (both Z06 and non-Z06)