Sponsored by:

Renting from Enterprise

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 05:38 PM
FORD GUY
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Renting from Enterprise

If your renting a one way drop off to the NCM to pick up your new C7 you can rent directly from the Enterprise website and have a drop off fee added to your rental. This will save you over $100 by doing it this way. I actually read this from a previous poster and wanted to make sure everyone knows about this way to rent. TPW 4/20 and picking up May18th!!!!!!
The following users liked this post:
Gonzo (10-03-2016)
Old 04-18-2015, 05:51 PM
mjw930
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

That was probably me who posted that. Just go to the enterprise website directly, DO NOT use the link from the NCM. Select the National Corvette Museum as your drop off point and the Nashville airport as your pickup and save $100 over the NCM "special" rate.

I confirmed with the enterprise manager at Nashville that the NCM deal was set up back when the drop off fee was over $100 so at the time it saved you money. In the mean time enterprise adjusted their drop off fees down significantly but the NCM contract wasn't updated. I notified both the NCM and Enterprise of this a year ago and they have yet to change it. Shame on both of them.
The following users liked this post:
Mike Mercury (10-04-2016)
Old 04-18-2015, 06:22 PM
John Ulrich
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 270 Likes on 199 Posts

I paid $88.13 last July thru Enterprise direct. The museum took my keys the next day and said Enterprise will pick it it up later that day. End of story.
Old 10-03-2016, 08:49 PM
The_Gretz
Pro

Received 207 Likes on 94 Posts

I can't find the NCM as a dropoff location (see attached screenshot).

Any idea how to do this now?

EDIT: Disregard: found the answer here: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1593181690
Attached Images  

Last edited by The_Gretz; 10-03-2016 at 08:51 PM.
Old 10-03-2016, 09:10 PM
64drvr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,867 Likes on 886 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

"Car Rental: Enterprise Rent-A-Car has special rates and services for R8C participants arriving at the Nashville airport. One is a discount rate rental and the other is a set rate rental. Reservations can be made for one-way rentals with the option of returning the car at the NCM. Use the links below to make reservations on the Enterprise web site. Be sure to enter the appropriate NCM account code when making a reservation. Select the Highway 31-W location as the drop off destination. They send representatives to the Museum to retrieve the car.

Enterprise – Corvette Museum Discount Rate Program – XZ58H90
Enterprise – Corvette Museum Set Rate Program – XZ58H89"

http://www.corvettemuseum.org/visit/...seum-delivery/

Last edited by 64drvr; 10-03-2016 at 09:10 PM.
Old 10-03-2016, 09:42 PM
NSC5
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,100 Likes on 742 Posts

Be VERY careful with this setup. I used Enterprise in March to pick up my 2016 Z06 at the museum and a few days later I got a call from the Enterprise location in BG wanting to know how I wanted to pay for the door damage. The car was fine when dropped off at the museum but Enterprise didn't pick it up until over a day later. Fortunately I had a good contact with Enterprise from business use and was taken care of but this is a problem with leaving the keys at the museum since the car is out of your control but still your responsibility until Enterprise personnel check it into their system and of course you aren't present at the time. If I did this again I would drop the car at the Enterprise lot and take advantage of their pick up/drop off service to get to the hotel or museum as appropriate.

Alternatively you could pay for their overpriced insurance but otherwise you can have a claim against your insurance or pay for it yourself. I prefer to avoid any of these issues and getting the Enterprise personnel to sign off for it from you personally is highly advisable. The DRU (damage recovery unit) is a big revenue generator for most of the major rental companies these days so "don't feed the beast".

Last edited by NSC5; 10-03-2016 at 09:45 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by NSC5:
Landru (10-04-2016), The_Gretz (10-03-2016)
Old 10-03-2016, 09:59 PM
64drvr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,867 Likes on 886 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Great advice thanks.
Old 10-03-2016, 10:58 PM
The_Gretz
Pro

Definitely good advice - I may just do that. The only issue is that my delivery appointment is at 0745 and the closest Enterprise location doesn't open until 0800. I always take comprehensive photos on my phone when I return rental cars to use as evidence in the future if they claim I damaged the car, but in this circumstance, maybe I'll take the stupid insurance I never buy, just so I don't have to worry about it when it's out of my control.

Here's the thing: the rates are lower WITHOUT using the NCM code. I just priced it out and the single day today is $68 without the NCM code, and $89 with the code. The only change is the daily rate, and the drop fee ($27) and everything else is the same. Am I missing something?
Old 10-04-2016, 06:07 AM
NSC5
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Gretz,

Uber or a traditional cab from your hotel to the NCM may be another option given your early morning slot.

As noted early in the thread the NCM code made sense when the drop off fee was much higher but now it just means you pay the "Corvette Tax" for using the Corvette rental code

Have a fun drive home and make sure to plot a course that allows for reasonable break-in operation. I was in Florida twice over summer (Pensacola and Titusville) to visit relatives and it did make me also remember how many things I missed about my hometown of Gulfport MS that I left 30 years ago.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:16 AM
The_Gretz
Pro

Originally Posted by NSC5
Gretz,

Uber or a traditional cab from your hotel to the NCM may be another option given your early morning slot.

As noted early in the thread the NCM code made sense when the drop off fee was much higher but now it just means you pay the "Corvette Tax" for using the Corvette rental code

Have a fun drive home and make sure to plot a course that allows for reasonable break-in operation. I was in Florida twice over summer (Pensacola and Titusville) to visit relatives and it did make me also remember how many things I missed about my hometown of Gulfport MS that I left 30 years ago.
I am actually staying at a hotel very near the NCM, so getting there in the morning isn't an issue. I'll talk to the folks at the NCM, but I will probably just book it without the code.

I plan on heading south through Alabama, and getting the oil changed at Dale Earnhardt, Jr. in Tallahassee, before heading into Florida. Not an extremely exciting route, scenery-wise, but any roads the first time out in my new Z should be awesome!
Old 10-04-2016, 08:39 AM
NSC5
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by The_Gretz
I am actually staying at a hotel very near the NCM, so getting there in the morning isn't an issue. I'll talk to the folks at the NCM, but I will probably just book it without the code.

I plan on heading south through Alabama, and getting the oil changed at Dale Earnhardt, Jr. in Tallahassee, before heading into Florida. Not an extremely exciting route, scenery-wise, but any roads the first time out in my new Z should be awesome!
We could have easily walked to the NCM while down there for delivery since our hotel was close. I do 8 to 10 mile runs several times a week and my daughter runs track so had I just turned in the car to Enterprise the night before I would have saved several emails getting it straightened out but it was a good lesson learned. My Enterprise contact thought the whole setup was badly arranged since at times the local firm will wait over an entire weekend to do the pickup if the car is dropped off on a Friday.

Your trip down will be more scenic than mine was back to IL. I was pretty paranoid until I got out of Bowling Green even though there wasn't much traffic but I didn't care to have other cars close to my new car. My daughter, then 12, was handling the setup menus while I was getting us out of BG proper and about a mile from the NCM we were sitting at a light when I suddenly heard a loud car and was looking around to see where it was and realized my daughter was giggling. She had found track mode under engine sound management and the loud car was us

Get notified of new replies

To Renting from Enterprise

Quick Reply: Renting from Enterprise