Sponsored by:

Courtesy delivery

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 06:34 PM
Disavowed
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Courtesy delivery

My sales rep Mike Davenport AKA "The Chevy Dude" from Bachman auto group in Kentucky arranged for me to get a courtesy delivery at Sand Chevy in Surprise, AZ. Has anyone dealt with this dealership, and more specifically taken delivery from them? All comments both good and bad would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Eric
Old 04-18-2015, 10:34 PM
MikeK
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You might want to do a search for Sands Chevrolet in Surprise. There's also one in Glendale. Personally, I'll never set foot in either one of them. Do your homework.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:49 PM
///ADMAN
Melting Slicks

Received 471 Likes on 307 Posts

And, "The Chevy Dood" is a clown. I called him, sent him a text and emailed him my request for an AW Z51 2LT that they had been sitting on since last year. Cash in hand ready to take delivery. Not even a return call. Worst customer service ever. You can tell him I told you that too.
Old 04-19-2015, 11:23 AM
Disavowed
Instructor

Originally Posted by ///ADMAN

And, "The Chevy Dood" is a clown. I called him, sent him a text and emailed him my request for an AW Z51 2LT that they had been sitting on since last year. Cash in hand ready to take delivery. Not even a return call. Worst customer service ever. You can tell him I told you that too.
I'm sorry to hear that.

I have to say my experience has been nothing but perfect. The dude's always returned my calls within a few minutes. I can text him at any time and I always get an instant response (I've never tried this at absurd hours). He's followed thru on every promise he's made (he found me a courtesy delivery within 24 hours of saying he would as one example). He was about $2000 less than the major players. My time frame for delivery from him was the same as the other major players and he's met that as well.

Again I'm sorry your experience wasn't the same. Sometimes things don't click. Example: My brother bought his C7 from Rick Conti. He hated the whole process. Even then I still made a call to Conti because he got my brother a fair price and he took delivery in a timely manner. He just felt that Conti blew it on a lot of other things as far as customer service. I figured I'd deal with that in exchange for a good price and timely delivery. So I gave him a call.

TBH I felt the same way as my brother. Customer service was for ****. I couldn't get a return call. I had to call him several times to get a price quote, and wait almost a week to get it. When I said I needed a quote from him by then end of the day his response was "we don't order Vetts for another week so there's plenty of time". I told him my concern wasn't when he ordered. I need a price to see if I'm even going to buy a Vette from him. He replied "I know how the game is played. I'll get you a price". I got a quote via email later that day. No call, etc. His price was $2K more than Mike's with the same delivery time.

Conti told me to find my own courtesy delivery. Not only that he didn't even mention it as a possibility to my brother. So my brother had to spend a few grand getting his car shipped to CA. when he could have just spent $500 for a courtesy delivery. Shipping it was a major fiasco as well and my brother basically had to take care of the shipping arrangements because the dealership blew that too. Where Mike promised to find me one and did within a day. My brother's still getting letters from the state of CA. threatening to pull his registration because the dealership screwed up paperwork.

I know folks on here love Conti and say great things about him. He's probably earned that praise. For me and my brother, that wasn't the case. That doesn't mean he's a bad dude or is bad at what he does. It just means it didn't click. Same with you and my dealer Mike. It's not a perfect world and when all is said and done. People aren't perfect.
Old 04-19-2015, 11:24 AM
Disavowed
Instructor

Originally Posted by MikeK
You might want to do a search for Sands Chevrolet in Surprise. There's also one in Glendale. Personally, I'll never set foot in either one of them. Do your homework.
Mike thanks for the info. I see you're from the area. Would you care to elaborate as to why. A P.M. is fine if you don't want to say in the thread.

Last edited by Disavowed; 04-19-2015 at 01:42 PM.
Old 04-19-2015, 11:52 AM
FORD GUY
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Disavowed
I'm sorry to hear that.

I have to say my experience has been nothing but perfect. The dude's always returned my calls within a few minutes. I can text him at any time and I always get an instant response (I've never tried this at absurd hours). He's followed thru on every promise he's made (he found me a courtesy delivery within 24 hours of saying he would as one example). He was about $2000 less than the major players. My time frame for delivery from him was the same as the other major players and he's met that as well.

Again I'm sorry your experience wasn't the same. Sometimes things don't click. Example: My brother bought his C7 from Rick Conti. He hated the whole process. Even then I still made a call to Conti because he got my brother a fair price and he took delivery in a timely manner. He just felt that Conti blew it on a lot of other things as far as customer service. I figured I'd deal with that in exchange for a good price and timely delivery. So I gave him a call.

TBH I felt the same way as my brother. Customer service was for ****. I couldn't get a return call. I had to call him several times to get a price quote, and wait almost a week to get it. When I said I needed a quote from him by then end of the day his response was "we don't order Vetts for another week so there's plenty of time". I told him my concern wasn't when he ordered. I need a price to see if I'm even going to buy a Vette from him. He replied "I know how the game is played. I'll get you a price". I got a quote via email later that day. No call, etc. His price was $2K more than Mike's with the same delivery time.

Conti told me to find my own courtesy delivery. Not only that he didn't even mention it as a possibility to my brother. So my brother had to spend a few grand getting his car shipped to CA. when he could have just spent $500 for a courtesy delivery. Shipping it was a major fiasco as well and my brother basically had to take care of the shipping arrangements because the dealership blew that too. Where Mike promised to find me one and did within a day. My brother's still getting letters from the state of CA. threatening to pull his registration because the dealership screwed up paperwork.

I know folks on here love Conti and say great things about him. He's probably earned that praise. For me and my brother, that wasn't the case. That doesn't mean he's a bad dude or is bad at what he does. It just means it didn't click. Same with you and my dealer Mike. It's not a perfect world and when all is said and done. People aren't perfect.

I texted Conti and told him I was ready to place an order and to call me....ZERO returned calls. You can tell him I said that too. Good luck with your new ride!
Old 04-19-2015, 12:05 PM
///ADMAN
Melting Slicks

Received 471 Likes on 307 Posts

Understood. Don't be put off by us. I'm sure everything will work out fine. As FG said, enjoy your new ride!!!
Old 04-19-2015, 05:49 PM
bbrown450
Melting Slicks

Received 502 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by Disavowed
I'm sorry to hear that.

Damn well stated with a measured ...well thought out response...well done
Old 04-19-2015, 05:52 PM
bbrown450
Melting Slicks

Received 502 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by FORD GUY

I texted Conti and told him I was ready to place an order and to call me....ZERO returned calls. You can tell him I said that too. Good luck with your new ride!
Truly unprecesented sales tis truly a different world when they are selling in these numbers, for this price....does not suprise me certainly not an indiightment on the guy overall.

Get notified of new replies

To Courtesy delivery

Quick Reply: Courtesy delivery