C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7....new term: ISA "It's SIMPLY Awesome" !

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 10:27 AM
trends2000
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default C7....new term: ISA "It's SIMPLY Awesome" !

well, the first week of C7 CRYSTAL RED/ KALAHARI ownership is gone. EVERYONE who has seen the car and driven it has given all thumbs up. Coming off my C6 ( with C5 and C4 in the past) and having read items and advice from fellow members, I knew there would be changes. The car is definitely tighter than the C6. Granted , my C6 was an '05 4 speed auto which I drove almost 10 years .. and loved it. Put 100,000+ miles on it. Had a few upgrades for intake and handling.
So, my spin is : stunning power ... 0-60 is ZERO effort. Braking is smoooth and strong; handling even without the Z51 sway bars is wonderful. Glad I went with the standard seats as my track time is limited. Dealer had said the Sports Seats were more for trackers. I love the look of both . GM listened to those who said get more aggressive with seats. The bolster are much more supportive. Yes ... the ride is a bit less smooth than my C6. Not sure if it's the tighter suspension; the Michelin's ; both or more but it's not an issue. I do see that long drives (100+ miles) will have more stretch breaks. But, each stretch break gives me a chance to get out and look at MY CAR !! Which is what others on the road are doing. The rear end change ..
ISA! I know the debate on rear but at "cars and coffee" gathering this weekend, ALL comments were solidly in favor of new style.
And last but not least .. the new exhaust. I did NOT have an exhaust upgrade on my C6. Stock exhaust was , as you know, quiet except under strong acceleration. This exhaust has a strong burble right from ignition and under acceleration gets the "loud pipes save lives" thumbs up! The exhaust and front running lights get people to move out of your way!
In a world where people are designing driver LESS "cars", thanks GM and Corvette for giving us a world class car that is FUN to drive and ... ISA !! Yeah ... I LOVE MY VETTE !
Old 05-05-2015, 11:19 AM
Corgidog1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,523 Likes on 1,482 Posts

Well the first 6 days of C7 crystal red/kalahare ownership is gone for me also-mines a vert-and the car is ISA. I can't wait to til I hit 500 miles to open her up a bit. I still can't decide which dash display I like the best for regular driving-sport or tour
Old 05-06-2015, 08:56 AM
trends2000
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Corgidog1
Well the first 6 days of C7 crystal red/kalahare ownership is gone for me also-mines a vert-and the car is ISA. I can't wait to til I hit 500 miles to open her up a bit. I still can't decide which dash display I like the best for regular driving-sport or tour
greetings ... I haven't made the time to really review the manual to see all the new ideas! I'll be doing it this week. I'll experiment with the same "dial a drive" feature ; screens and more. The good news is that I know where the gas and brake pedals are. The paddleshift is simple and immediate. I've got 375 miles now ; had it at highway + 20 with some quick acceleration to manuever around slow traffic. Will go to track at some point with High Speed Performance instructor.
Best wishes and enjoy ... Bob

Get notified of new replies

To C7....new term: ISA "It's SIMPLY Awesome" !

Quick Reply: C7....new term: ISA "It's SIMPLY Awesome" !