Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supplier pricing on Z06 in 2016?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 02:31 AM
Shades
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supplier pricing on Z06 in 2016?

I understand why GM has held off on on supporting Supplier/Credit Union/Employee pricing on the Z06 up until recently since its was new, but its been out a while now.

Is there any chance we'll see Supplier pricing on the Z06 any time soon.. like for the 2016 model year? I really prefer the look of the Z06 and am leaning that way, but when combined with the crazy sales tax here, that prices it outside of my comfort level. At least with supplier pricing (unless I can find someone willing to negotiate a discount in the 9-11% range like we can get with Stingrays) that could bring it back down to the upper end of my ballpark. Assuming no huge boost in base price this year anyway.

I suspect not yet since the first runs of Z06 are still selling well and it usually takes 1-3 model years before that kicks in, but I know I'm not the only one who's interested in this.

I don't even need the extra HP and torque, I'm looking for the widebody with more aggressive styling and aero, nicer wheels and wider tires. Mostly for the appearance. Having the extra HP is a nice bonus though, but given I have no plans to ever track the car that extra power seems overkill.

Last edited by Shades; 05-06-2015 at 03:00 PM.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:44 AM
John Ulrich
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 270 Likes on 199 Posts

I think you answered your question......"since the Z06 is selling well".
Old 05-06-2015, 10:43 AM
Shades
Intermediate

Originally Posted by John Ulrich
I think you answered your question......"since the Z06 is selling well".
Certainly a lack of sales is not the only indicator of when Supplier/Employee pricing becomes an option. In fact I don't think that has anything to do with it.

As far as I can tell, GM pricing deals are not a means to boost slacking sales, its a way to make their vehicles available to a broader audience and to reward employees and their families.

I assumed the delay was mainly because of the newness of the vehicle line. I believe supplier discount on the C6Z06 was also not available for the first year but became available later.

Last edited by Shades; 05-06-2015 at 03:01 PM.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:55 AM
Red C8 of Jax
Safety Car

Received 1,113 Likes on 753 Posts

They might consider supplier pricing; however, they will probably raise the price prior to accepting supplier pricing. They are adding all leather surround packaging to the Z06 which includes the Blue and Spice packages. More profit might help them give a better discount. If I was going to guess, GM will wait another year before any discount programs on the Z06.
Old 05-06-2015, 11:09 AM
Fawk
Instructor

I can confirm that the 4 dealerships (both forum and local) that I spoke to said they would not accept GM S discount, but they didnt indicate if that may change further down the road.
Old 05-06-2015, 11:27 AM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

The dealers are absolutely right. Things are changing. You really don't need to be graced with a Wharton MBA to know that the market for a $100,000 toy will saturate rapidly creating a buyers market. Anyone who doubts this need only look at the sales/pricing history of the C5 and C6 generation Z06s. Both had 5 figure discounts.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:13 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by Shades
Certainly a lack of sales is not the only indicator of when Supplier/Employee pricing becomes an option. In fact I don't think that has anything to do with it.

As far as I can tell, GM pricing deals are not a means to boost slacking sales, its a way to make their vehicles available to a broader audience and to reward employees and their far
I think the sales numbers have EVERYTHING to do with discounts.
Your second line sounds like pure MALARKEY!
Old 05-06-2015, 02:54 PM
Shades
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1
I think the sales numbers have EVERYTHING to do with discounts.
Your second line sounds like pure MALARKEY!
If discount programs are based purely on slumping sales, there would never be an incentive to offer discounts for employees, or suppliers, or military at all. Especially for vehicles with strong traditional sales. It's obviously a marketing and/or PR vehicle to make the vehicle available to a broader audience, and make them look good doing it. It also keeps their employees and suppliers happy.
Old 05-09-2015, 06:28 PM
awright2009
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 44 Posts

GM makes the same cash on supplier sales, dealers lose some margin, but not all. And it wouldn't surprise me if these $1000 price increases went straight into the holdback
Old 05-09-2015, 07:10 PM
op z
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 128 Posts

Patience. It will happen sooner or later.
Old 05-09-2015, 09:40 PM
St!ngray
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 251 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by Red-C6 of Jax
They might consider supplier pricing; however, they will probably raise the price prior to accepting supplier pricing. They are adding all leather surround packaging to the Z06 which includes the Blue and Spice packages. More profit might help them give a better discount. If I was going to guess, GM will wait another year before any discount programs on the Z06.
The ONLY all leather are those 2 packages everything else including Kalahari (3LT/3LZ). The exception is Brownstone that can now be use on the 3LZ as well.

Get notified of new replies

To Supplier pricing on Z06 in 2016?

Quick Reply: Supplier pricing on Z06 in 2016?