Sponsored by:

Question About Buying a 2016 C7

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 04:03 PM
Globeman
Pro

Received 108 Likes on 64 Posts

Default Question About Buying a 2016 C7

I ordered a 2015 then waited and waited but the dealer couldn't deliver the promised car. Now I’ve set my sights on a 2016. A few questions:
  • At this point, can a dealer submit an order for a 2016?
  • When will 2016 pricing be available?
  • If an order can be placed now without knowing the price of options, can optional features be changed later without losing order position?
I know the stealership should be able to answer these questions but I don’t trust anything they say based on experience.

Thanks
Old 05-08-2015, 04:11 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

If there is one thing you should know it is this..buy from a Forum dealer like Mike Furman at Criswell. Normal Chevrolet dealers can not always get what you want to due to allotments.
You should have a new Corvette the way you want it by late July or early August. Don't settle for " we can't get you your car" big Corvette dealers on the Fourm can get you your car no BS.
Old 05-08-2015, 04:15 PM
rmorin1249
Le Mans Master

Received 1,740 Likes on 1,175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16,'18

I gave Mike at Criswell a deposit in late March. He said I was #3 on the list for a 2016. Latest info is that he can actually submit an order on May 14 and hopefully get an allocation soon after submission. With any luck I hope to have my car in mid-August. I completely trust Mike as he is about as experienced in Corvette sales as you can find anywhere in the US. He will tell you the truth based on everything I have read and heard.
Old 05-08-2015, 04:16 PM
nytrorcr
Pro

Received 139 Likes on 89 Posts

I ordered mine and 6 1/2weeks later I was taking delivery, Pataskala, Ohio. Great people to deal with when you say no thank you they leave it at that, you get what you want not pushy at all.
Old 05-08-2015, 04:33 PM
Corgidog1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,523 Likes on 1,482 Posts

You should be able to get minimum 9% off MSRP from the forum dealers, unless everything is different for 2016s which I see no indication that things have changed, plus they will get you the car faster than anyone. I would check out Kerbeck in Atlantic City rather than go north to MacMulkin in NH as cars are trucked to Kerbeck from Bowling Green since it is less than 1000 miles away-not sure about MacMulkin as it is further away from Bowling Green and may require a train- I could be wrong on the 1000 mile distance for trucking but that is what I heard somewhere.
Old 05-09-2015, 08:03 AM
Globeman
Pro

Received 108 Likes on 64 Posts

Thanks for the responses but I still don’t know about modifying an order after 2016 prices are announced.

Here’s my story:
I discussed ordering a 2015 C7 with a local dealer (They move about 100 cars per month). They offered MSRP -$1,000 plus a very attractive trade-in price on my C6. Not good enough. When I told them I’d get a price from a forum dealer they asked for the opportunity to match it which I agreed to. A forum dealer offered MSRP – 11% but the Trade-in was just OK.

I brought the price back to the local dealer (didn’t mention the trade-in) and they agreed to match the price and they upped the trade-in to $3,500 more than what the forum dealer offered! They also added a $350 dealer charge but that was still a great deal. The Dealership owner/Gen Mgr. assured me that he had an allocation and I’d have the car in 6-8 weeks. He also gave me the usual BS about having "contacts at GM" so he could pull strings so he could get high priority. I never believed that - just wrote it off as typical sales BS. Six weeks later (late April), my order was still sitting at 1100. The salesman confirmed that I wouldn’t get a 2015 but I could have a 2016 with the same -11% price. I agreed to that but wanted to know what the Trade-in would be since it will be a model year older. After two weeks and several phone calls, I’m still waiting for a response.

It’s hard to walk away from what appears to be a great deal but these local stealerships just can’t be trusted. I'm still on the fence about what to do. You'd' think that spending $70,000 would be easier.
Old 05-09-2015, 08:12 AM
rmorin1249
Le Mans Master

Received 1,740 Likes on 1,175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16,'18

Originally Posted by Globeman
Thanks for the responses but I still don’t know about modifying an order after 2016 prices are announced.

Here’s my story:
I discussed ordering a 2015 C7 with a local dealer (They move about 100 cars per month). They offered MSRP -$1,000 plus a very attractive trade-in price on my C6. Not good enough. When I told them I’d get a price from a forum dealer they asked for the opportunity to match it which I agreed to. A forum dealer offered MSRP – 11% but the Trade-in was just OK.

I brought the price back to the local dealer (didn’t mention the trade-in) and they agreed to match the price and they upped the trade-in to $3,500 more than what the forum dealer offered! They also added a $350 dealer charge but that was still a great deal. The Dealership owner/Gen Mgr. assured me that he had an allocation and I’d have the car in 6-8 weeks. He also gave me the usual BS about having "contacts at GM" so he could pull strings so he could get high priority. I never believed that - just wrote it off as typical sales BS. Six weeks later (late April), my order was still sitting at 1100. The salesman confirmed that I wouldn’t get a 2015 but I could have a 2016 with the same -11% price. I agreed to that but wanted to know what the Trade-in would be since it will be a model year older. After two weeks and several phone calls, I’m still waiting for a response.

It’s hard to walk away from what appears to be a great deal but these local stealerships just can’t be trusted. I'm still on the fence about what to do. You'd' think that spending $70,000 would be easier.
Sounds like you are being duped to me.
Old 05-09-2015, 08:44 AM
Classic-Chevy-Guy
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 274 Likes on 161 Posts

My order for a 2016 was placed at MacMulkin last week.
Old 05-09-2015, 09:11 AM
FORD GUY
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 33 Posts

Here’s my story:

Hey Globeman, no offense but you come to this Forum asking for advice and numerous people have given you GREAT advice and then you do the opposite and you get the same results. I think you need to listen to the advice given you in this thread. JUST SAYIN.
Old 05-09-2015, 09:26 AM
fun2fly
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wouldn't mess around with the local BS and go with the large corvette dealer in NH or NJ. Pretty close to you.
Old 05-09-2015, 09:31 AM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

Here’s my story:

You said in your original post that you don't trust anything the dealer tells you. So why in the world would you want to trust them now ? Wake up and smell the coffee.
Old 05-09-2015, 09:33 AM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Here’s my story:

Is there a reason you havent just gone down there and walked in the owners office and said "WTF is going on here?" Obviously calling is not getting the point across that you need an update.
Old 05-09-2015, 09:52 AM
FORD GUY
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill17601
If there is one thing you should know it is this..buy from a Forum dealer like Mike Furman at Criswell. Normal Chevrolet dealers can not always get what you want to due to allotments.
You should have a new Corvette the way you want it by late July or early August. Don't settle for " we can't get you your car" big Corvette dealers on the Fourm can get you your car no BS.

Here is Mike Furman's direct phone number. 301-212-4420

He works on Saturday and call right now and your troubles are over. Listen to the advice you asked for on this Forum!

Get notified of new replies

To Question About Buying a 2016 C7

Quick Reply: Question About Buying a 2016 C7