Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Default So...no one wants this stuff, huh???

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1589603202

you could own these for $600...to your door!!

last auction had no bidders...unbelievable

where else can you mod your car AND get a tax deduction???
Old 05-11-2015, 08:57 PM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Received 850 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by pewter99
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1589603202

you could own these for $600...to your door!!

last auction had no bidders...unbelievable

where else can you mod your car AND get a tax deduction???
The thought of a tax deduction is a poor excuse for buying anything at a charitable auction. Especially an item for $600. In most cases, probably all; a $600 purchase will not make any difference in lowering your tax base or helping get a return on a tax filing.

Making donations to any charitable organization should be viewed as a "goodness from your heart", not a tax deduction.

No one should be criticized for not making a donation based on an item they may not want to buy or use.

Perhaps there were no bids because the donors thought the item at auction was not worth what the bids were at.

A true auction starts at very little money then works up to the final highest bidder.

Last edited by nmvettec7; 05-11-2015 at 08:59 PM.
Old 05-11-2015, 08:59 PM
SilverScorp
Safety Car

Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts

Awesome! I already have sideskirts, but this is a honorable endeavor that helps both a significant charity and your car as well. Our club network just donated $5k to St. Jude's Hospital this week. I don't think they knew about this auction.
Old 05-11-2015, 10:03 PM
Foy Toy
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Default No tax write off !

Whenever you get something for your "donation", it's tainted. Deduction is limited to price paid above fair market value of goods received. And organizations receipt it that way.
Ed Foy CPA
Foytoy 2012 torch red grand sport convertible
Old 05-11-2015, 10:17 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

I would but by the time you do the conversion I'm looking at about 1000 bucks.....that's a bit high for me.
Old 05-11-2015, 10:18 PM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,289 Likes on 1,399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Wow, a couple of real Debbie Downers in this thread. If you don't want to bid on them don't, but don't badmouth those that do, or the awesome moderators who run the auctions for no pay, or the generous donors. Sometimes knowing what NOT to say is much more important than knowing what to say.
Old 05-11-2015, 10:31 PM
Crossed Flags Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 493 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve_R
Wow, a couple of real Debbie Downers in this thread. If you don't want to bid on them don't, but don't badmouth those that do, or the awesome moderators who run the auctions for no pay, or the generous donors. Sometimes knowing what NOT to say is much more important than knowing what to say.
Old 05-11-2015, 10:34 PM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Received 850 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve_R
No "Debbie Downer" here Steve R, just the facts that a tax deduction should not be a consideration for making a bid on a charitable item. Looks like even a CPA chimed in to "tell the facts the way they are".

It's all about "giving", and I am not the one who brought up the idea of the tax deduction. If the facts aren't correct why post them.

I find that most of your posts are insulting comments that don't really benefit anyone, and very few are factual in nature that really help other members.

The moderators who secure the items for the St. Jude auction need to be praised for their respective efforts, but be factual in their comments.
It's a good cause, and a benefit to children and that's whats important, not the thought of a tax deduction.
Old 05-11-2015, 10:37 PM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,289 Likes on 1,399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by nmvettec7
No "Debbie Downer" here Steve R, just the facts...I find that most of your posts are insulting comments that don't really benefit anyone, and very few are factual in nature that really help other members.
And your post in this thread had any value to other members?

Get off your high horse before you fall and hurt yourself.
Old 05-12-2015, 05:24 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,276 Likes on 13,957 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

I guess all the charities that clearly indicate that a donation is eligible for a tax deduction should immediately stop printing that info on the donation request forms then.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:56 AM
Ernest_T
Drifting

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by nmvettec7
No "Debbie Downer" here Steve R, just the facts that a tax deduction should not be a consideration for making a bid on a charitable item. Looks like even a CPA chimed in to "tell the facts the way they are".

It's all about "giving", and I am not the one who brought up the idea of the tax deduction. If the facts aren't correct why post them.

I find that most of your posts are insulting comments that don't really benefit anyone, and very few are factual in nature that really help other members.

The moderators who secure the items for the St. Jude auction need to be praised for their respective efforts, but be factual in their comments.
It's a good cause, and a benefit to children and that's whats important, not the thought of a tax deduction.
You seem to have a very narrow focus. Why can't you get both a warm fuzzy for donating and a tax deduction?
Old 05-12-2015, 09:01 AM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Wow.....apparently someone needs a hug

No where did I say do it for the tax deduction..I simply stated the facts that the donation is tax deductible and there was nothing untrue about my statement "where else can you mod your car AND get a tax deduction"

oh well at least I generated some interest in the item...

Get notified of new replies

To So...no one wants this stuff, huh???

Quick Reply: So...no one wants this stuff, huh???