Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about PDR on track...

Old 05-12-2015, 01:22 PM
Thumpa
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Question about PDR on track...

Taking the car to the track for the first time, and I have a question about the PDR. It appears that there are a couple options for marking the start/finish line.
First, there's "define finish line" on the menu, which states that you should align your bumper on the line and then press "mark finish line." After that, you can start recording. Does it matter if the car is moving when you do it this way? There will be no opportunity to stop at any point on the track.
Secondly, you can "start recording" and then hit "mark finish line" at any point. This can obviously be done while moving.
Does it matter which way I mark the finish line (i.e. before recording or while recording), or is it all the same? I don't want to be fiddling with the PDR too much while I'm doing 140 mph down a long straight
Old 05-12-2015, 01:58 PM
silky1
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

I always do it while on track. Just start recording and as you go past the start/finish line mark it. You also will only have to mark it once unless you change SD cards.
Old 05-12-2015, 07:35 PM
Jay_Davis
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 73 Posts

Yes, I just hit the button once while it was recording as I passed a marked spot on the track. It remembers it the next time you pass the spot, even on future recordings (I didn't realize its on the SD card).
Old 05-12-2015, 08:01 PM
ap6954
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

You can do it while moving on a pace lap and like everyone said it remembers
Old 05-12-2015, 08:12 PM
AmmoVet
Melting Slicks

Received 348 Likes on 244 Posts

What about use for autocross with different start and finish lines? Can I establish the finish line first then move the car to the starting line and start recording from there?

Get notified of new replies

To Question about PDR on track...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Question about PDR on track...