Sponsored by:

2014 Corvette C7 Z51 Navigation Screen Issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 02:07 AM
redstar299
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replaced

The infotainment screen needs to be replaced..period. Don't let these moron dealers give you the runaround. same thing happened to mine. Its a known issue
Old 05-24-2015, 12:49 AM
jlatigo
Intermediate

I also have this issue, I took a video of mine to show the techs because every time I got within 2 miles of the dealership the screen would start working again. After 4 days I was told to pick up the car since they could not reproduce the issue. I instructed them to keep it until they could and then fix it, 4 days later they finally ordered a refurbished replacement from GM? Not a new screen but a refurbished screen??? I should have the car back in another 5 days.
Old 05-29-2015, 05:05 PM
Matt-G
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

***update***
I went back to the dealer last Tuesday, May 26th. They ran a quick diagnostics tests and confirmed they will be placing an order for a new Navigation Screen replacement for my Vette. They told me to drive home and to bring the car back to the dealer whenever the screen arrives at the dealer. They said it could take a day to perform the install. Today is Friday, May 29th and I still haven't heard back from the dealer...hopefully they "haven't forgotten" to place my new screen order.
Old 05-29-2015, 05:09 PM
Matt-G
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jlatigo
I also have this issue, I took a video of mine to show the techs because every time I got within 2 miles of the dealership the screen would start working again. After 4 days I was told to pick up the car since they could not reproduce the issue. I instructed them to keep it until they could and then fix it, 4 days later they finally ordered a refurbished replacement from GM? Not a new screen but a refurbished screen??? I should have the car back in another 5 days.
Because of your post, I asked them if they were going to install a brand new screen...not refurbished. They told me, it will be a new screen.
Old 06-08-2015, 02:21 PM
Stangslayer
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 40 Posts

WTF.
Now I am having the same problem after 20 months and almost 18,000 miles!
Hopefully dealer will replace the unit and I will be good to go.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:28 PM
tomarsyd
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm going through this now too. Have had the software updates and of course it didn't fix anything. Took it back for the service writer to witness and he said they have to have it in again for some more diagnosis. Was supposed to call me today but I didn't hear anything.

I'm ready for them to just replace the screen already!
Old 06-08-2015, 10:47 PM
Matt-G
Intermediate

Update: Dealer replaced the nav screen. Issue has been resolved now. It took them 7 days for the new replacement screen to arrive at the dealer and 6 hours for them to install the new nav screen.
Old 06-10-2015, 08:00 AM
Stangslayer
Racer

Default World Class Service?

Did anyone notice that when you have a problem with your C7, it takes a minimum of 3 service visits to get the problem fixed?
Visit 1 - Confirm the problem exists.
Visit 2 - Run more diagnostics required by GM.
Visit 3 - Obtain the replacement part and install.
GM has no faith that their service dealers can properly diagnosis and replace components, that GM requires prior authorization for the dealers to actually perform the repairs!
In that case, GM - TRAIN your Service Dealers!
What you put your customers through is ludicrous.
World Class Sports Car - Third World Service!
Old 06-10-2015, 10:18 AM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 687 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by tomarsyd
I'm going through this now too. Have had the software updates and of course it didn't fix anything. Took it back for the service writer to witness and he said they have to have it in again for some more diagnosis. Was supposed to call me today but I didn't hear anything.

I'm ready for them to just replace the screen already!
Hi tomarsyd,

I am so sorry to hear about your navigation screen concerns in your corvette. I am glad that you were able to take it in to your dealer, but I can understand how frustrating it is to wait for the diagnosis. I would be happy to add a layer of support while you are working with your dealership.

If you are interested, please send us a private message with your VIN, mileage, contact information and preferred dealer.

All the best,

Kaylee D.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-10-2015, 11:39 AM
Stangslayer
Racer

Originally Posted by Matt-G
Howdy folks, this is my first post and I wanted to share with ya'll my experience so far being an owner of my very first 2014 Corvette C7.

I have purchased a certified pre-owned 2014 Corvette C7 Z51 3LT and I am already experiencing issues with the nav screen. The screen randomly flickers and it looks like an "old tv", sometimes the screen will turn black completely, sometimes it will not slide down when its black. I have taken the Corvette to a GM dealership nearby my home and the service guys kept my car for a whole week and 4 days explaining to me to come and pick up the car as the issue was resolved with a re-flash of the infotainment system. After picking up my car, the very next day, the same issue happened once again and now its happening pretty much all the time. Needless to say, I am very upset and frustrated with this ordeal. This vehicle has full bumper to bumper warranty, however since this is a certified pre-owned, I was expecting all these little issues and annoyances to be already resolved by GM.

Anyone experiencing similar issues?

I have created and posted a video on youtube so everyone can see what I am talking about:

2014 Corvette C7 Z51 3LT Navigation Screen Issue - YouTube
Certified Pre-owned!
Don't you know that means they certified that it is a used car - nothing more!
Don't you just love the way car dealers use the english language to portray something different.
Old 06-10-2015, 11:43 AM
dmhines
Burning Brakes

Received 227 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Stangslayer
Certified Pre-owned!
Don't you know that means they certified that it is a used car - nothing more!
Don't you just love the way car dealers use the english language to portray something different.

How much that screen gonna cost once the Bumper to Bumper Warranty expires ??
Old 06-10-2015, 12:12 PM
Formula52
Drifting

Received 188 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by dmhines
How much that screen gonna cost once the Bumper to Bumper Warranty expires ??
That is why you buy an extended warranty...
Old 06-10-2015, 01:54 PM
tomarsyd
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
Hi tomarsyd,

I am so sorry to hear about your navigation screen concerns in your corvette. I am glad that you were able to take it in to your dealer, but I can understand how frustrating it is to wait for the diagnosis. I would be happy to add a layer of support while you are working with your dealership.

If you are interested, please send us a private message with your VIN, mileage, contact information and preferred dealer.

All the best,

Kaylee D.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Thank you very much Kaylee. I've sent you a PM with the requested information.

Regards,
Tom
Old 06-10-2015, 04:38 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,772 Likes on 4,193 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

My navigation screen was replaced yesterday after doing a reflash last month (which didn't work).
Old 06-10-2015, 07:09 PM
Big Hammer
Instructor

Default Nav screen rolls and goes black.

My nav screen also does all that too. Especially scary when I'm backing into the garage. Not much clearance between vehicles and the camera goes blank. Took it to dealer. He said that mods to the wiring, so it isn't covered. The dealer is the one that did the modification. (Wired a radar detector into where the PDI would go.) It was doing this before he did it. Said to unplug the detector and see if it still does it. If it does, take a video. Don't see how that would make a difference because they are different circuits. That is also dangerous to do when driving. I took the radar detector completely out of the car, but it is still acting up. Mine is a 2014 Z51, VIN 1496. Dealer is a nice guy to work with, but this problem is just wrong.
Old 06-10-2015, 07:20 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

^^^^ Try another dealership. Or send a PM to Chevrolet Customer Service here from the Forum.
Old 06-10-2015, 07:56 PM
Big Hammer
Instructor

Default PM help please

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
^^^^ Try another dealership. Or send a PM to Chevrolet Customer Service here from the Forum.
I sent a PM to: Kaylee D.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Came back, unknown. Then just Chevrolet Customer Care. It also came back. How do I send the PM

Get notified of new replies

To 2014 Corvette C7 Z51 Navigation Screen Issue

Old 06-10-2015, 08:01 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Find a thread they've posted in and click on their name. From that pull-down, you'll see where you can send them a PM. If you need to, use the Search Engine to find a thread they've posted in.

Here is a thread that they've post in!

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-my-phone.html

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 06-10-2015 at 08:06 PM.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:17 AM
Stangslayer
Racer

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
My navigation screen was replaced yesterday after doing a reflash last month (which didn't work).
That is so typical of Chevrolet!
Make you go through a four hour reflash which they know won't fix the underlying problem.
Also heard that when they finally get around to replacing the defective unit, they replace it with a rebuilt unit that will ultimately fail because the poor engineering design that caused the failure is still there!
Way to go Chevrolet!
Old 06-11-2015, 12:22 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 687 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by tomarsyd
Thank you very much Kaylee. I've sent you a PM with the requested information.

Regards,
Tom
My pleasure Tom. Thank you for the opportunity to assist you. I have just replied to your message.

All the best,
Kaylee D.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quick Reply: 2014 Corvette C7 Z51 Navigation Screen Issue