Sponsored by:

Bloomberg review of the C7, What the ****

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 11:20 AM
tyho
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Some hit the nail on the head. Car was bought later in life because that is when many were (are) able to afford it .... or the kids have grown up, finished school, college and now the parents are able to spend a little more on themselves. Stick with the tangibles like it is an awesome car that delivers value for the money, great performance and looks wicked. The rest of the article is nonsense.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:20 AM
CriticalmassGT
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts

I love the double standards of our society. It's ok for a woman to say that about men. But if a man says something like that, watchout, The Fem ****'s will be all over him like white on rice.

I'll buy into her Stereotype and say she should only be reviewing SUVs and Minivans and be talking on the phone (not using bluetooth or hands-free) while she's doing it. And at least once per year she should cause an accident due to her negligent ways.

Last edited by CriticalmassGT; 05-22-2015 at 11:22 AM.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:26 AM
C6 MoneyPit
Melting Slicks

Received 123 Likes on 81 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'10, '15. '22-'23

Originally Posted by Da Hawk
BINGO!!! I really hate the mid-life crisis stereotype. I'm still young and get this label a lot. Drives me crazy!! My wife laughs it off. She urged me to get the car because she loved it as much as I did at first sight.
Like many others, with kids and related expenses it was not until mid-life that it made sense for me to spend this kind of money on a two seat sports car. So that's why it was not practical earlier for me...

As far as her "I would never buy one" comment, I am 99% sure she is not in GMs target demographic for this car. Also, some of the comments make it obvious that she does not know the car (or sports cars) as well as she would like viewers to believe. Such as the suspension is too hard, the, interior is too hot in traffic, the lines of the car are too desperate, LOL. The gears move so smoothly LOL. She should be driving a BMW sedan.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:29 AM
fun2fly
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If buying a new, hot sports car like the C7 is a "Crisis", then I want more crises in my life LOL.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:31 AM
eshrink
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 12 Posts

The goal was to get us to read and discuss and thereby send others there to read and discuss.

It worked.

Since I am middle aged, I am certain I shall forget what I read.
Old 05-22-2015, 12:50 PM
ratman6161
Pro

Received 119 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by tyho
Some hit the nail on the head. Car was bought later in life because that is when many were (are) able to afford it .... or the kids have grown up, finished school, college and now the parents are able to spend a little more on themselves. Stick with the tangibles like it is an awesome car that delivers value for the money, great performance and looks wicked. The rest of the article is nonsense.

I fell in love with the Corvette when I was about 5 years old - which was in 1966....and I wanted one forever after. In my 20's and 30's I went with "compromise cars" that were great but not what I really wanted...because I couldn't afford a Corvette. When I was 39 I had finally achieved enough income to order myself a then new C5 Coupe which I still had up until a month ago (traded it in on a 2104 C7 Z51 Coupe). So I always wanted a Corvette and it just so happened that I was a little older before I was in a position where I could actually do it.

And as far as "explaining" it? 1. Don't care if anyone else understands it or not. 2. Most of the people I know who care about cars, regardless of age, think my C7 is really cool. 3. If I did decide to try to explain it, "its my money and I like it" is all the explanation anyone needs.
Old 05-22-2015, 01:04 PM
BlessedHellride
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fun2fly
If buying a new, hot sports car like the C7 is a "Crisis", then I want more crises in my life LOL.
Old 05-22-2015, 01:15 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

The objective facts about the car are award winning, the only problems people have with the car are purely subjective which mean nothing to me.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:12 PM
cheapthrills
Melting Slicks

Received 441 Likes on 292 Posts

She forgot to mention the C7 is able to return outstanding performance with excellent gas mileage. Can anyone point to any other car that does 0-60 in 3.7 and returns 30mpg on the highway?
Old 05-22-2015, 02:43 PM
2vette2
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 413 Likes on 189 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

My mid life crisis happened 45 years ago when I was 22. That was my first of many vettes. Explain why I bought it??? She totally misses the point of owning a vette.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:53 PM
MHFontaine
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 155 Likes on 53 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

"Look at me, I'm desperate!"
Old 05-22-2015, 03:00 PM
Elegant1
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dana M
She had already decided she didn't want to like it before she started. She said she was looking at the top of the windshield? She must be 6'4" and had the seat all the way up. I'm 6'2" and I look right out the middle and have plenty of headroom in my convertible.
Its a car review that's all about her..
Old 05-22-2015, 03:05 PM
sromley
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Elegant1
Its a car review that's all about her..
I was at the gas station, filling up, when a guy pulled up at the next island in an F430.

Walked over to my Shark Grey Z51 and said "I'd put one of those in my garage".

I asked him if he wanted to trade!!
Old 05-22-2015, 03:32 PM
vettman96
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Whatever. Her daily driver is probably a boring 4 door german sedan that she overpaid for.....................
Old 05-22-2015, 03:53 PM
Monaco335
Instructor

Sounds like the reviewer is very concerned about the image of the car.

Being in my young 30's and Asian, I had some concerns of what the car's image portrays. Maybe not midlife crisis, but the compensating or wants attention image. I got the car cause I track, appreciate the visceral v8, can cruise around with 30mpg, and have a winter beater... not the image.

I've come to a single conclusion after driving this car for a year. The vette makes people happy when they see it. Maybe because it's American and somewhat obtainable or cause they're seeing a young guy driving it. The car stirs conversation at the gas station, grocery store, on the road and folks are all smiles when they comment on the car. I have several entrepreneur friends that have exotics and they say exotics seem to make car enthusiasts excited but the general population strangely angry.

To each their own and just drive what you want. Life is too short to care about image.
Old 05-22-2015, 04:04 PM
Elegant1
Racer

Originally Posted by Monaco335
Sounds like the reviewer is very concerned about the image of the car.

Being in my young 30's and Asian, I had some concerns of what the car's image portrays. Maybe not midlife crisis, but the compensating or wants attention image. I got the car cause I track, appreciate the visceral v8, can cruise around with 30mpg, and have a winter beater... not the image.

I've come to a single conclusion after driving this car for a year. The vette makes people happy when they see it. Maybe because it's American and somewhat obtainable or cause they're seeing a young guy driving it. The car stirs conversation at the gas station, grocery store, on the road and folks are all smiles when they comment on the car. I have several entrepreneur friends that have exotics and they say exotics seem to make car enthusiasts excited but the general population strangely angry.

To each their own and just drive what you want. Life is too short to care about image.
Corvette has never been an over flamboyant car. Its only now really with the 7th generation that it has slightly over the top flashy styling.
Old 05-22-2015, 04:24 PM
DeStreGa5
Pro

Received 86 Likes on 62 Posts

Everyone compliments me on how beautiful the car looks. I didn't buy it to make others happy. I bought this car because I love the way it looks to me and the way it drives. If other people like it, then that's a plus. You can't let others dictate your deicision in buying a car. I really hope she doesn't feel that way because that's a pretty dumb reason to not buy a certain car.

Get notified of new replies

To Bloomberg review of the C7, What the ****

Old 05-22-2015, 04:26 PM
Cosmo Kramer
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

i don't look at it as a mid-life crisis. I look at it as mid-life success. She probably can't afford the car.
Old 05-22-2015, 04:44 PM
Flying22low
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Totally ridiculous! I guess she assumes all corvette buyers are men!
Old 05-22-2015, 05:00 PM
Always Red Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 3,098 Likes on 1,732 Posts
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Unmodified

I like that people look at me in it and that it stands out differently then other cars!

Quick Reply: Bloomberg review of the C7, What the ****