C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How are you guys dealing with all the attention this car is getting?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 10:50 PM
Elegant1
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How are you guys dealing with all the attention this car is getting?

Never in my wildest dreams after 21 Corvettes did I expect this. I'm not a person that likes or needs a lot of attention and honestly this car is starting to annoy me now. I can't seem to go anywhere without attracting a crowd and having to answer dozens of questions and constantly turning heads and getting pointed at. I never expected this never ever. Chevrolet has successfully made the Prom Queen with Mary Kay makeup DD ***** and F..k me pumps wrapped in fiberglass. I'm actually starting to drive it less because of this.
Old 05-25-2015, 11:14 PM
besz28
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here in Florida their a dime a dozen, beautiful car for sure, but all corvettes if taken care of gets attention. My c6 does

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 05-25-2015 at 11:21 PM. Reason: No need to quote the OP, especially when you're the next poster.
Old 05-25-2015, 11:18 PM
C7GrandSport
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Will a gray Prius body fit on top of the C7 platform? It may be your only hope to drive the car.
Old 05-25-2015, 11:21 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,752 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

No problems dealing with the attention whatsoever. I'm always happy to show people the car, answer their questions and spend as much time as they want to talk Corvette.

Did you really think this car purchase wouldn't draw attention?

I'm always VERY gracious when people want to look at or talk to me about this car. It comes with the territory.

Elegant1, it sounds like you might want to consider a different car.
Old 05-25-2015, 11:24 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

but keep the car, OP...relish the experience !
Old 05-25-2015, 11:26 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

I'm quite surprised by the amount of attention my Laguna Blue coupe gets but it's all in fun and it definitely does not annoy me. It's not at all uncommon for me to spot someone photographing my car either when parked or while I'm driving it. There have been quite a few conversations with strangers while filling the gas tank; each of those people have been courteous and gracious. The car also generates many thumbs up and waves from others on the freeway. Quite honestly, it all makes me feel pretty darned good.
Old 05-25-2015, 11:54 PM
Hawk03
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im the same way, I do not like to draw attention, but eventually you get used to it.
Old 05-26-2015, 12:00 AM
Da Hawk
Pro

Received 86 Likes on 46 Posts

OP,

Admit it. You're the one that wrote the article in Bloomberg this past week. You're Hannah what's her face.
Old 05-26-2015, 12:10 AM
zbrett
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

I wear dark glasses and avoid eye contact.
Old 05-26-2015, 01:23 AM
C7-Beast
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 201 Posts

I'm generally very introverted but when I take my 15 out, people stop and want to talk to me all the time. While I'm often uncomfortable, I will be gracious and answer questions and talk for a few minutes.

I thought getting the 15 in Black would make it more stealth but I honestly get a lot more comments about my black 15 then I did about my Atomic Orange 08.

I've gotten used to the attention but if it really bothers you, there is always a nondescript BMW or Audi out there for you.
Old 05-26-2015, 01:27 AM
TorqueDriver
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mpuzach
I'm quite surprised by the amount of attention my Laguna Blue coupe gets but it's all in fun and it definitely does not annoy me. It's not at all uncommon for me to spot someone photographing my car either when parked or while I'm driving it. There have been quite a few conversations with strangers while filling the gas tank; each of those people have been courteous and gracious. The car also generates many thumbs up and waves from others on the freeway. Quite honestly, it all makes me feel pretty darned good.
Old 05-26-2015, 01:30 AM
TorqueDriver
Instructor

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
No problems dealing with the attention whatsoever. I'm always happy to show people the car, answer their questions and spend as much time as they want to talk Corvette.

I'm always VERY gracious when people want to look at or talk to me about this car. It comes with the territory.

Old 05-26-2015, 01:48 AM
SMFCPACFP
Safety Car

Received 101 Likes on 39 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

I find people taking pictures of it quit a lot. Up here in big snow country they are pretty uncommon.

Old 05-26-2015, 06:09 AM
Johnn999
Instructor

It gets tedious and annoying sometimes.... Although attractive women tend to like it so that makes up for the annoying dudes and ugly chicks. I do get an unbelievable amount of dirty looks and stare downs.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:47 AM
C7Joy
Race Director

Received 176 Likes on 157 Posts

I just smile, politely answer real questions and move on.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:52 AM
rstrait
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

There have been a few times it has bothered me. The first was when someone was alongside me in another car trying to take pictures while driving. I hit the gas and got ahead and they did the same to catch up and do it again. This went on for about 5 miles with me risking a ticket each time I tried to flee the dangerous behavior. Had a guy in a bro truck pass me and when he pulled back in my lane ahead of me he started, "rolling coal." It's where they've modified something so thick, black, noxious smoke comes pouring out the exhaust. It smells bad and can't be good for your air filter. There are people who resent others who have nice things. The vast majority of interactions have been friendly people who admire and are interested in the car. Had a woman at the car wash the other day ask, "How fast will it go?" When I told her not too far short of 200MPH she said, Oh my!"
Old 05-26-2015, 07:10 AM
WKMCD
Race Director

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

I'll answer questions but usually a simple "GM did a great job on the car" is my standard response.

Get notified of new replies

To How are you guys dealing with all the attention this car is getting?

Old 05-26-2015, 07:17 AM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Deal with it o/p. Better than having to get rid of it which is my situation. Otoh, getting custody of the grandchildren is a win imho.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:28 AM
Karlba
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by mpuzach
I have gotten this in the past to a small degree on my Beemers (MC) usually when traveling cross country loaded, I just try to be gracious and polite because you may be affecting the person more than you know especially if they are young. Could be someday they think of that time they talked to the guy (or gal) in that hot C7 that started them down the road to vette ownership.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:44 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,922 Likes on 4,808 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven Bell

Quick Reply: How are you guys dealing with all the attention this car is getting?