Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 08:40 AM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

Received 127 Likes on 80 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Default DIC Went Crazy...

Any thoughts WTF happened?

Drove fine and parked car for an hour and upon getting back in the car after starting up the MyLink first came up with a screen with "communication error" with a lot more writing on it. It only stood on the screen for a second so I couldn't get a good look at it.

Then I noticed the entire center screen acted as if it had no connection to the rest of the car. This lasted for a few miles of the drive and then it basically rebooted itself and was fine since then. Any thoughts?

I took a quick crappy photograph but you can see on the analog gauge I'm moving at speed yet the center shows 0 MPH and 0 oil pressure with a bunch of warning lights that eventually went away once it rebooted.

Thoughts? Car is 7 months old with 8,000 miles on it. I have a couple minor things I have to bring it to the dealership for and I'm wondering if this is something I should bring up?

It was raining pretty hard when this happened maybe something got wet? Then again, no different than getting wet when I wash car or drive in rain in the past...weird.

See photo...

Last edited by Nosferatu; 10-03-2019 at 05:03 PM.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:46 AM
Flame Red
Le Mans Master

Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

I had an intermittent issue like this on my C6 long ago. Very hard to troubleshoot, but the dealer found the cause eventually. Do you have anything plugged into the ODB2 port? Basically, the Dashtronix unit I had plugged in to the ODB port was disrupting communications on the CAN bus and nothing could communicate through the bus. Dashtronix replaced the unit and problem went away.

But that was a C6.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:46 AM
slesher
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nosferatu
Any thoughts WTF happened?

Drove fine and parked car for an hour and upon getting back in the car after starting up the MyLink first came up with a screen with "communication error" with a lot more writing on it. It only stood on the screen for a second so I couldn't get a good look at it.

Then I noticed the entire center screen acted as if it had no connection to the rest of the car. This lasted for a few miles of the drive and then it basically rebooted itself and was fine since then. Any thoughts?

I took a quick crappy photograph but you can see on the analog gauge I'm moving at speed yet the center shows 0 MPH and 0 oil pressure with a bunch of warning lights that eventually went away once it rebooted.

Thoughts? Car is 7 months old with 8,000 miles on it. I have a couple minor things I have to bring it to the dealership for and I'm wondering if this is something I should bring up?

It was raining pretty hard when this happened maybe something got wet? Then again, no different than getting wet when I wash car or drive in rain in the past...weird.

See photo...
Would take it to the dealer. There is a high likelihood that an update(s) will resolve this.

Had an issue with the DIC last year where it would just go black and appeared to be rebooting. Chevy dealer resolved it within an hour and was good as new.

Good luck
Old 05-27-2015, 09:20 AM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

Received 127 Likes on 80 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Flame Red
I had an intermittent issue like this on my C6 long ago. Very hard to troubleshoot, but the dealer found the cause eventually. Do you have anything plugged into the ODB2 port? Basically, the Dashtronix unit I had plugged in to the ODB port was disrupting communications on the CAN bus and nothing could communicate through the bus. Dashtronix replaced the unit and problem went away.

But that was a C6.
car is 100% bone stock nothing is added or done to it

Get notified of new replies

To DIC Went Crazy...

Quick Reply: DIC Went Crazy...