Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any way to disable song limit warning?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 01:54 AM
JHH83
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any way to disable song limit warning?

Is there any way to permanently disable the infotainment "warning message" that says something along the lines of "the number of media files prevents the voice recognition of specific songs?" I have like 8000 songs on a 64 gb USB drive and I get this message the first time I try to use the voice command every time I start the car. Once you dismiss it, it goes away for the remainder of your trip, but it's still annoying to have to listen to that voice multiple times per day.
Old 05-29-2015, 09:39 AM
grandpawmoses
Race Director

Received 95 Likes on 41 Posts

Not the answer you'd like to hear but you could just archive a few of the tunes you don't listen to.
Old 05-29-2015, 11:17 AM
aj98
Melting Slicks

Received 168 Likes on 137 Posts

I get the same warning... ( > 8k tracks on a 120gb ipod classic.)

Would like to be able to disable it as well. Too bad the infotainment system isn't smart enough to figure out driver 1 fob 1 has already heard this message.

The problem with that many tracks is it's amazingly time consuming to figure out what you do/don't want, especially if not all the tracks were grouped/titled/named properly when first imported to iTunes (or whatever you use to manage your library)
Old 05-29-2015, 02:41 PM
JHH83
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I definitely could trim some fat from my song collection, but I kinda like the idea of having every song I own on there. That being said, the message is a minor annoyance at worst, I just wish there was a way to permanently disable it. My current solution is to hit the cancel/end button as soon as the message starts playing, then re-hit the voice command button.
Old 05-29-2015, 11:06 PM
GTSMike
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JHH83
I definitely could trim some fat from my song collection, but I kinda like the idea of having every song I own on there. That being said, the message is a minor annoyance at worst, I just wish there was a way to permanently disable it. My current solution is to hit the cancel/end button as soon as the message starts playing, then re-hit the voice command button.
you have gotten futher than me. i put about 1 gb of music on a 32gb ssd. it sometimes sees it and most of the time it does not. i moved the music files in to the SSD card from a play list in ITunes. they are in the root directory. out of trying about 10 times over 3 days it only showed the files twice. and when it is in AUX mode it is making a high pitched noise even though nothing is plugged by cable to the USB. the only thing is my IPhone and the SSD card.
Old 05-30-2015, 08:20 AM
grandpawmoses
Race Director

Received 95 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by GTSMike
you have gotten futher than me. i put about 1 gb of music on a 32gb ssd. it sometimes sees it and most of the time it does not. i moved the music files in to the SSD card from a play list in ITunes. they are in the root directory. out of trying about 10 times over 3 days it only showed the files twice. and when it is in AUX mode it is making a high pitched noise even though nothing is plugged by cable to the USB. the only thing is my IPhone and the SSD card.
Not sure if I can be of any help but here's what I have. A 16 GB class 10 SD card (that's what I had laying around) with 5 GB of music files. It's about 500 tunes. There wasn't a lot of information available when I started out so I just experimented with the file structure on the card. Here's the results that worked for me. I reformatted the card FAT32, created a directory "music", copied all my tunes to that directory (.mp3 & .mp4), created my playlists using Windows Media Player, and copied those to the same music directory. I have a 2014 and have never had an issue with it not working perfectly. Hoping something here works for you.

One more thing, I had an issue with the volume level differences of my tunes. I downloaded a freeware program "MP3Gain" that is very easy to use and sets the gain of every tune to the same at any gain level you choose.
Here's a link, there are other sites to download from. Just use one you're comfortable with downloading from.
http://download.cnet.com/MP3Gain/300...-10175552.html

Last edited by grandpawmoses; 05-30-2015 at 08:35 AM. Reason: added info
Old 05-30-2015, 09:41 PM
GTSMike
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by grandpawmoses
Not sure if I can be of any help but here's what I have. A 16 GB class 10 SD card (that's what I had laying around) with 5 GB of music files. It's about 500 tunes. There wasn't a lot of information available when I started out so I just experimented with the file structure on the card. Here's the results that worked for me. I reformatted the card FAT32, created a directory "music", copied all my tunes to that directory (.mp3 & .mp4), created my playlists using Windows Media Player, and copied those to the same music directory. I have a 2014 and have never had an issue with it not working perfectly. Hoping something here works for you.

One more thing, I had an issue with the volume level differences of my tunes. I downloaded a freeware program "MP3Gain" that is very easy to use and sets the gain of every tune to the same at any gain level you choose.
Here's a link, there are other sites to download from. Just use one you're comfortable with downloading from.
http://download.cnet.com/MP3Gain/300...-10175552.html

i found the secret to making it work. only use MP3 files. i used a converter program, not a very good free one from CNET but it did change them to MP# from M4a. then i saved them on to a SSD card and it now works. next i need to run the program for sound leveling.

thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Any way to disable song limit warning?

Quick Reply: Any way to disable song limit warning?