Sponsored by:

Recall Notices

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 09:30 AM
JSibert
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Recall Notices

I received a notice from my dealer that I had not had a recall item repaired on my C7 and to call them for an appointment to get it fixed. I stopped in yesterday to make an appointment and the service manager noticed there were three (3) recall notices I had not taken care of on my C7. My only concern with any of this is that I did not ever receive a recall notice form GM for any of these recalls. Has anyone else experienced this???
Old 05-29-2015, 09:47 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by JSibert
I received a notice from my dealer that I had not had a recall item repaired on my C7 and to call them for an appointment to get it fixed. I stopped in yesterday to make an appointment and the service manager noticed there were three (3) recall notices I had not taken care of on my C7. My only concern with any of this is that I did not ever receive a recall notice form GM for any of these recalls. Has anyone else experienced this???
What year and what was the 3 recalls for.
Old 05-29-2015, 09:50 AM
TEXHAWK0
Le Mans Master

Received 787 Likes on 539 Posts

Yes. I think GM only sends out recall letters if there is a safety related issue, plus some of those are probably not actual recalls but are only service bulletins.
Like one to replace the windshield washer fluid tank that could crack, or a missing nut on a parking brake bracket...
You should get a letter for the anti-siphon grid out of position in the fuel filler nozzle neck if your car is affected, but they may be spreading those out to make sure they have the parts.

The service bulletins are things the dealer should repair if the car comes in for service, but the repair expires with the factory warranty. Safety recalls never expire.

Last edited by TEXHAWK0; 05-29-2015 at 09:53 AM.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:27 PM
JSibert
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robert miller
What year and what was the 3 recalls for.
2014. Filler neck, washer fluid bottle and missing nut on emergency brake bracket. Service manager told me they were recalls, not TSB's.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:56 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,067 Likes on 6,169 Posts

Originally Posted by JSibert
2014. Filler neck, washer fluid bottle and missing nut on emergency brake bracket. Service manager told me they were recalls, not TSB's.
Your service manager was just using a generic term. As posted above, only one of those items is actually a recall.

You can check for recalls here: https://recalls.gm.com/

Last edited by Zymurgy; 06-01-2015 at 09:00 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Recall Notices

Quick Reply: Recall Notices