Sponsored by:

Carbo tech pad fitment

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 09:55 AM
CanadianVetster
Drifting

Received 163 Likes on 89 Posts

Default Carbo tech pad fitment

I bought Carbo Tech 1512 pads and they fit like sh*t..
I had to go to a shop and have them ground and tampered to fit.
Anybody else have this issue?
Old 05-30-2015, 11:22 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,625 Likes on 6,629 Posts

Originally Posted by CanadianVetster
I bought Carbo Tech 1512 pads and they fit like sh*t..
I had to go to a shop and have them ground and tampered to fit.
Anybody else have this issue?
My 1521 fit fine. Well made and although I prepared to have to push the Pistons back, no need, there were slightly thinner and fit fine. Now I have an early 2014 so had double side tape holding the pads to the Pistons in the front (not the rear pads that came out and new ones in in 5 minutes!)
On the front pads after I got the old pads out (not easy) I did have to clean the residual tape from the pistons. Apparently commonly used in Europe to reduce noise, the high temp tape was not used on 2015's.

Last edited by JerryU; 05-30-2015 at 04:35 PM.
Old 05-30-2015, 11:54 AM
indy 28
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Installed a set of 1521's on my Z51. Rear brakes made clicking & clacking when brakes were pressed and released. Took measurements and compared to stock pads they were not to original specs. Returned for full refund and CarboTech confirmed the they were not to specs.
Old 05-30-2015, 02:40 PM
ap6954
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

When I slid my new carbo techs into the caliper they were a little wide and it was a tight fit. It would make it real hard to get them back out when it was time to swap them. It looked like the pad material was offset from the backing plate slightly. I just ground down the edge a few thousands on a bench grinder and they slid right in. I am swapping pads often between my track pads and street 1521's so easy removal is key for me.
Old 05-30-2015, 10:54 PM
JCar
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Installed two sets of 1521s - one set in my Z51 and another set in my buddy's Z51. Not a problem in either install. Pads were slightly thinner than OEM and although the original pads only had ~ 1k on each set. Slid right into place. Both sets made some very minor squeal in the first usage, but went silent immediately thereafter. No issues since with about 300+ miles on them. Very reduced dusting as promised. Great stopping that is hard to differentiate from stock, but my sense is slightly better modulation.
Jeff

Get notified of new replies

To Carbo tech pad fitment

Quick Reply: Carbo tech pad fitment