C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there something wrong with the customer ordered tracking thread?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 09:16 PM
Dads dream
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Is there something wrong with the customer ordered tracking thread?

I know they don't reply the same day most of the time but it has been almost 4 days with no reply. I was getting weekly updates from GM via email for about the last month but the automatic email updates have not been sent out either. Is their system down or work load backup problems? Is anyone else seeing this disconnect? Also wanted to mention the GM update crew has been very helpful with supplying info to all of us eager new C7 customers in the past.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:20 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

I see multiple replies from yesterday just on the last page of the thread. I didn't even need to look any further back.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:24 PM
runner61627
Burning Brakes

Received 379 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by Dads dream
I know they don't reply the same day most of the time but it has been almost 4 days with no reply. I was getting weekly updates from GM via email for about the last month but the automatic email updates have not been sent out either. Is their system down or work load backup problems? Is anyone else seeing this disconnect? Also wanted to mention the GM update crew has been very helpful with supplying info to all of us eager new C7 customers in the past.
I too had been getting regular emails from Chevy Chat - then they skipped a week. I went to the CF customer ordering thread yesterday to request an update on my vette that is showing 4B00 (Bayed) on Kerbeck's website to see if it has shipped yet. So far "crickets"...so I guess I'll use Chevy Chat tomorrow for an update. The CF thread is sporadic in responding to requests.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:59 PM
Dads dream
Instructor

Originally Posted by runner61627
I too had been getting regular emails from Chevy Chat - then they skipped a week. I went to the CF customer ordering thread yesterday to request an update on my vette that is showing 4B00 (Bayed) on Kerbeck's website to see if it has shipped yet. So far "crickets"...so I guess I'll use Chevy Chat tomorrow for an update. The CF thread is sporadic in responding to requests.
Does bayed mean on QC hold or are they just waiting for more vettes to be produced to fill the truck carrier to dealship?
Old 06-03-2015, 10:19 PM
runner61627
Burning Brakes

Does bayed mean on QC hold or are they just waiting for more vettes to be produced to fill the truck carrier to dealship?
That is a good question. Appears bayed can be either held for a QC check or awaiting shipping. I'm guessing that both the CF customer thread and Chevy Chat will merely say it is awaiting shipping - which is technically a correct statement even if held in QC.
It also appears there are enough vettes to fill a car carrier with Kerbeck ordered vettes (looking at Kerbeck's order tracking) that are currently listed as bayed.

Last edited by runner61627; 06-03-2015 at 10:25 PM.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:25 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

That is a good question. Appears bayed can be either held for a QC check or awaiting shipping. I'm guessing that both the CF customer thread and Chevy Chat will merely say it is awaiting shipping - which is technically a correct statement even if held in QC.
Other than start of production, very few cars are held for QC.
I think Bayed may also apply to cars that are waiting for the factory stripes to be installed (they are installed post production). If you don't have any of the stripes on your order, this obviously does not apply.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:30 PM
runner61627
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
I think Bayed may also apply to cars that are waiting for the factory stripes to be installed (they are installed post production). If you don't have any of the stripes on your order, this obviously does not apply.
No, I didn't order any stripes, so I will assume awaiting shipping - although I am/was hoping for a random QC check to fully test the car while still at the factory. Rather fix any potential issues while it still is there.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:37 PM
MJZ
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '15

To those that have "bayed" what was your TPW? Mine was 6/1 and am wondering when Kerbeck would get it.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:39 PM
Hershey71
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

My vette was built 5/27, the following week the dealer indicated the car was in QC inspection, now the car is bayed, I ordered the full racing stripes and ground effect kit ( shipped on 5/27 ) so the stripes seem like a viable reason for the hold up, I would also agree with the filling the transport for a particular region , this makes perfect sense to me , today anyway! it is also my understanding the car is treated with Cquartz at the factory, because the paint is applied very light to keep the VOC's down, do you think when the car is bayed this is the time it is treated with CQuartz?

Last edited by Hershey71; 06-03-2015 at 10:44 PM.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:48 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Hershey71
My vette was built 5/27, the following week the dealer indicated the car was in QC inspection, now the car is bayed, I ordered the full racing stripes and ground effect kit ( shipped on 5/27 ) so the stripes seem like a viable reason for the hold up, I would also agree with the filling the transport for a particular region , this makes perfect sense to me , today anyway! it is also my understanding the car is treated with Cquartz at the factory, because the paint is applied very light to keep the VOC's down, do you think when the car is bayed this is the time it is treated with CQuartz?
Don't know where you got that from, but definitely not true.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:52 PM
runner61627
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MJZ
To those that have "bayed" what was your TPW? Mine was 6/1 and am wondering when Kerbeck would get it.
My TPW was 5/25, and I did the buyers tour (watched my vette get built). It was the last car to roll off the production line on 5/28, but still needed about nine minutes of further work (alignment and the water test), so I believe it was technically produced on 5/29. Mine is showing "bayed" on Kerbeck's website (updated today). - I'm estimating another week before it arrives, but just a guess.
Attached Images  

Last edited by runner61627; 06-03-2015 at 10:55 PM.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:01 PM
Dads dream
Instructor

Originally Posted by MJZ
I am at 3400 with a tpw of June 8th. But I did notice on kerecks update page some tpw's of April 25th and June 1st were bayed or coded at 3800. After awhile I start going buggy trying to figure out a reasonable flow of produced vettes and shipment to the dealer based on tpw time. I think Runner had a tpw of April 25th. Correct me if I am wrong.
Okay did not see runner reply . I was busy trying to type on these little key pads!!

Last edited by Dads dream; 06-03-2015 at 11:07 PM.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:09 PM
runner61627
Burning Brakes

I am at 3400 with a tpw of June 8th. But I did notice on kerecks update page some tpw's of April 25th and June 1st were bayed or coded at 3800. After awhile I start going buggy trying to figure out a reasonable flow of produced vettes and shipment to the dealer based on tpw time. I think Runner had a tpw of April 25th. Correct me if I am wrong.
Yes - my TPW was 5/25. It was interesting to see my vette at event code 3800 (produced) on Kerbeck's tracking last Saturday while other ordered vettes with TPW's of 6/1 were already showing 4B00 (bayed). I'm guessing there may be some adjustments in production timing (irrespective of TPW) based on color, options or convertible choice/s. Mine is the only 5/25 TPW still showing bayed on Kerbeck's website - apparently the other 5/25's have shipped. Have no idea what that is all about unless it was selected for random QC check....
Old 06-03-2015, 11:20 PM
Hershey71
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Don't know where you got that from, but definitely not true.
That's good to know, I believe the dealer was where I heard that from, Oh well, I hope the vette gets shipped soon
Old 06-03-2015, 11:21 PM
Dads dream
Instructor

Yes - my TPW was 5/25. It was interesting to see my vette at event code 3800 (produced) on Kerbeck's tracking last Saturday while other ordered vettes with TPW's of 6/1 were already showing 4B00 (bayed). I'm guessing there may be some adjustments in production timing (irrespective of TPW) based on color, options or convertible choice/s. Mine is the only 5/25 TPW still showing bayed on Kerbeck's website - apparently the other 5/25's have shipped. Have no idea what that is all about unless it was selected for random QC check....
Exactly! The tpw's of June 1st were produced before June 1st. I thought the same...maybe just color runs on production line.
Old 06-04-2015, 03:09 AM
fdxpilot
Safety Car

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Also, Chevy Customer Service does not do order tracking over the weekends, so that is some of the 4 days right there.

Get notified of new replies

To Is there something wrong with the customer ordered tracking thread?

Quick Reply: Is there something wrong with the customer ordered tracking thread?