C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bloomington Gold, Fun for all in the Ridetech C7Z!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 05:02 PM
0amanda@ridetech
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Bloomington Gold, Fun for all in the Ridetech C7Z!

As the early week craziness winds down, I finally have a moment to reflect on an amazing first time at Bloomington Gold. While this show has been around since the early 70's, this was the first year that the event was held at Indy Motor Speedway AND had a performance oriented event... Autocross. Being a Southern Indiana girl, this event was huge for me for two reasons.

1. It meant that I got to race at Indy Motor Speedway. Being from Indiana, there is definitely a hint of racing in my blood. Just being near the speedway there is a strong feeling of nostalgia in the air. There is so much history in the area and to lay my own burnt rubber and to be a part of that racing history was absolutely incredible.

2. I got to experience all of the above with the greatest Southern Indiana family that I could ask for, RideTech. Without the amazing team that I work with, on AND off the track, I wouldn't have the opportunity or the level of competitiveness that I have reached in the last year.

While the rain kept us off the track for part of each day that we were there, Corvette Indy still logged over 1000 autocross laps for the weekend. Over 500 of these runs were RideTech RideAlongs in which RideTech drivers took passengers along for the times of their lives. This brings me to a third reason that this event was so special for me... the customers. The majority of my time is spent in my office, or driving solo on the track. The chance to share my passion for all things automotive, speed, and performance related with so many people who share the same passions, was unbeatable. I heard more positive feedback in my three days at Bloomington Gold than most people hear in a year, everyone was extremely grateful, and most importantly... I think most of our passengers caught the racing "bug." Mission completed!!

While I predominately drive the RideTech C5Z, I was also given the opportunity to drive the Ridetech C5D, C2 and C7 Z07. Each car was different but they all had their perks. That being said, a very impressive part of the weekend was the closeness in times of all RideTech Corvettes. Even with different drivers leading the fastest laps in each car, they all finished within nearly a second of each other. While the course was undoubtedly short, competition was equally as fierce.

Last but not least, I want to thank any and everyone who did a ridealong, brought their own car out, or even just watched. A shoutout goes to RideTech for giving me another great opportunity, and their amazing hospitality to everyone at the event. I hope to see everyone again next year!!!

Click here for RideTech the Corvette Products that make us smooth and fast!!!
Old 07-02-2015, 01:11 PM
0amanda@ridetech
Former Vendor

Old 07-02-2015, 03:25 PM
ZL-1
Safety Car

Received 184 Likes on 122 Posts

Cool, sounds like you had a great time. I regret having to miss it after attending Bloomington since 1973 at all the various locations. Believe it or not Bloomington actually did have a performance event in the early years. I have a plaque for FTD in the autocross in June 1983. I kinda cheated tho, I had the only 84 Z51 there, nothing else could touch it. It was like a gokart compared to all the current C2s and C3s.

Hope to be at Indy next year tho, looks like the best venue yet
Old 07-06-2015, 10:42 AM
0amanda@ridetech
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ZL-1
Cool, sounds like you had a great time. I regret having to miss it after attending Bloomington since 1973 at all the various locations. Believe it or not Bloomington actually did have a performance event in the early years. I have a plaque for FTD in the autocross in June 1983. I kinda cheated tho, I had the only 84 Z51 there, nothing else could touch it. It was like a gokart compared to all the current C2s and C3s.

Hope to be at Indy next year tho, looks like the best venue yet
That's very cool, I didn't know that! Do you know why they stopped having them? It was a great first year at Indy, and I am sure they will continue to improve exponentially as time goes on.

Get notified of new replies

To Bloomington Gold, Fun for all in the Ridetech C7Z!

Quick Reply: Bloomington Gold, Fun for all in the Ridetech C7Z!